Searching for my personal battery apprentice

The late and great :bolt: Jackson Edwards :bolt: was my last apprentice, brotherly friend, and protégé. R.I.P brother!

I know he can never be replaced, but I'm looking for someone willing to work everyday trying to get close.

I normally work in our RnD lab 9am to 2-3am daily. Not expecting you to work the same hours, but not too far off. Our team currently has 6 full time people who are all Zealots working at the limit of human exhaustion/fatigue daily and loving it because we only take jobs that help the earth.

The right person for this job isn't afraid of RnD projects becoming the entirety of your life focus, and already have sleeping dreams about battery RnD every night. You should be able to crimp/solder neatly while blindfolded by the level of expertise I'm seeking. If you fit this description and you're not afraid to work your mind and your body harder than you thought possible, please reach out by PM. We take no projects from Military/Government/Arms makers, and our business rapidly growing and slammed right now with client battery projects ranging from grid storage to communication satellites and everything in-between.

Unlimited Love,
-Luke

:bolt: :flame:

How much does it pay?

What are you looking for, someone unskilled, labor, or someone(s) with some sort of credential?

Is it profitable? Is there any payoff to the apprenticeship? How much money is involved?

Are you a real storage battery engineer? Something I always wanted to ask,... is what your schooling is, Luke? Given how much we had to pay for education, in our generation... as it is.

I do have a freelancing engineering company in mind, that you may take advantage of, should you wish. We might be interested to see what you do.

Sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime. Best wishes in finding your person.

Luke, the Zero motorcycle battery that your team designed remains to this day a respected standard that other companies would do well to embrace...if I were single, I would jump at the chance.

Pay is based on your skills and experience. Our team has over 20years of combined experience in professional battery design and setting up manufacturing.

For this kind of commitment to the work though, the right candidate isn't doing it for the pay, because despite being well-paid, you won't have the time to spend it because you will be working all day every day of the week.

liveforphysics said:
For this kind of commitment to the work though, the right candidate isn't doing it for the pay, because despite being well-paid, you won't have the time to spend it because you will be working all day every day of the week.

In the current environment I'm sure there's even lazy people who would be dying for that. If they were someone who could do the job.

So something like 120 hours a week, every week?

I highly doubt anyone saying they would do it 20 years ago really would.
I did about 80 hours a week for a few years some years ago, and it nearly took my will to live.

Then I at least had time to get a full time sleep, and one "resting day" every week when I "only" worked about 8 hours.
But it was work, some fast food and sleep. Never any time to do anything else, like meeting some friend or whatever.
So the same thing, but take away half the sleep time and the day with "only" 8 hours work.

Maybe it would be more realistic to try to find 2 people that would do 60 hours a week each?

j bjork said:
So something like 120 hours a week, every week?
Maybe it would be more realistic to try to find 2 people that would do 60 hours a week each?

This is excellent advise. I had an ex-Joby Aviation guy help me today for just 6hours and it was a dream to save me the time because he was skilled and experienced to jump in saving me time right from arriving. Someone reached out from ES I'm excited to chat with soon, the pair of folks could help a lot!

PM sent, even though I'm not a good match. This would be a dream job for me, in spite of my current personal situation that would prevent me from fulfilling its obligations. Maybe some day the circumstances will align.

Dauntless said:
While living on vodka and pancakes.

No way I could do that. I eat mostly fresh produce, especially leafy greens. I've taken very good care of myself and even though I'm almost 40, people who don't know me assume I'm a teenager(lots of strangers call me things like "kiddo" and "young man", even people 15+ years younger than me, not knowing any better). No way would I ruin that by going to a junk food/alcohol fueled diet. I have done occasional(1-3x a year) hard drugs of all types when I was making okay money, which is not at all good for health, but never made a habit of them or developed any addictions, nor do I want to damage myself permanently with them. Alcohol on a frequent basis is every bit as dangerous as hard drugs on a frequent basis. I just recently lost a family member to a fentanyl overdose in fact, and had to pass on a great deal for a hub motor to instead help with funeral costs. With my financial situation over the last 3 years being one of poverty, I haven't purchased any drugs at all in that period. It's a miracle I managed to scrape together the cash to get my velomobile built and running as an EV. Although the trike I built into a velomobile has more than 50,000 miles on it now, only about 1,100 of those miles are as an EV. I get a lot of exercise and stay in great shape riding it ~30-40 miles a day, and I'm only 140 lbs at 5'11". Hopefully I can save my disabled mother's house and not end up having to live out of it.

Dauntless said:
That's because you've just never wanted to sloooooooow down. Which is what Methods said the vodka and pancakes were for.

I don't understand the context of this statement. Do you have a link to the relevant post?

I like alcohol on occasion(once or twice a month, and only when there's enough money to justify its purchase, which hasn't been the case in years, and I prefer tequila to vodka anyhow), but I'm not a fan of pancakes. Filtered water is my most commonly preferred drink.

But the 50,000w bbq isn't in that thread, right?

It's Methods, how could there be a relevant post?

And I've always loved pancakes, but I think of them as fattening, so I think I'd be even huger if I kept eating them.

Or maybe you need to search for it and see ALL the posts.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=97984&p=1472511&hilit=vodka+pancakes#p1472511

The Toecutter said:
PM sent, even though I'm not a good match. This would be a dream job for me, in spite of my current personal situation that would prevent me from fulfilling its obligations. Maybe some day the circumstances will align.

Dauntless said:
While living on vodka and pancakes.

No way I could do that. I eat mostly fresh produce, especially leafy greens. I've taken very good care of myself and even though I'm almost 40, people who don't know me assume I'm a teenager(lots of strangers call me things like "kiddo" and "young man", even people 15+ years younger than me, not knowing any better). No way would I ruin that by going to a junk food/alcohol fueled diet. I have done occasional(1-3x a year) hard drugs of all types when I was making okay money, which is not at all good for health, but never made a habit of them or developed any addictions, nor do I want to damage myself permanently with them. Alcohol on a frequent basis is every bit as dangerous as hard drugs on a frequent basis. I just recently lost a family member to a fentanyl overdose in fact, and had to pass on a great deal for a hub motor to instead help with funeral costs. With my financial situation over the last 3 years being one of poverty, I haven't purchased any drugs at all in that period. It's a miracle I managed to scrape together the cash to get my velomobile built and running as an EV. Although the trike I built into a velomobile has more than 50,000 miles on it now, only about 1,100 of those miles are as an EV. I get a lot of exercise and stay in great shape riding it ~30-40 miles a day, and I'm only 140 lbs at 5'11". Hopefully I can save my disabled mother's house and not end up having to live out of it.

Send me a PM. I'm not looking for a formal pedigree, I'm looking for the rogue scholar Zealots who eat sleep and dream solving the challenges in the bleeding edge of EVs.

Also, no ethanol/alcohol in our lab. We pay well enough you can afford better drugs. :pancake: :mrgreen:

Unlimited Love,
-Luke

I sent you a PM before I made that post. Is it not in your inbox?

When I go to work, I go to work sober, although I do like to use drugs in moderation at home when I have the spare money for them.

I've been studying EV technology for decades, and sadly have never had the chance to put any of what I learned to use in the field. When I was a kid, I had dreams of working for AC Propulsion or similar, and inspired by Alan Cocconi's TZero, I was trying to scrape the money together to build an 80-100 mile range lead acid battery conversion out of a Triumph GT6 that was to use custom body panels for streamlining. By the time I got around to building it, better batteries became available, and because I lived multiple states away to work a job I hated to pay a student loan off, I only got about 2 weeks a year to work on it.

I have a few visions for some off the wall EVs. I'm a big fan of inexpensive performance as well as extreme efficiency, and despise planned obsolescence. I really like the idea of a vehicle that is built to outlast the owner, which current EV technology offers the potential to build.

liveforphysics said:
Send me a PM. I'm not looking for a formal pedigree, I'm looking for the rogue scholar Zealots who eat sleep and dream solving the challenges in the bleeding edge of EVs.

Also, no ethanol/alcohol in our lab. We pay well enough you can afford better drugs. :pancake: :mrgreen:

Unlimited Love,
-Luke

How do I apply for a visa to this N̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶K̶o̶r̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶G̶u̶l̶a̶g̶ fabulous opportunity.

j bjork said:

Or maybe 4 people willing to work hard for 30 hours a week and actually enjoy life lol. Even an 8 hour work day does not really allow much personal time after you subtract sleep, personal hygiene, exercise, shopping, errands, cleaning, cooking, and eating.

I've experienced burnout from working too many hours/2 jobs/long days with few days off. Its not sustainable for more than a few years. I've settled on aiming for a 4 hour workday. I don't care anymore if it means i'm not wealthy. Yolo. enjoy life.

This job posting sounds like pure hell from the way the guy wrote it...substitute "apprentice" with the word "slave" sounds more accurate.

Back