ES is looking for a volunteer moderator

A subforum for posting jobs, work offers, etc... whether they be a one-time gigs, full employment, or something in between.
neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

ES is looking for a volunteer moderator

Post by neptronix » Feb 24 2021 2:24pm

Hi all.

We are looking for a moderator who specializes in dealing with interpersonal issues to work beside me and our other moderators.
Our current moderator team is mostly made up of engineers who are better at handling spam, duplicate posts, off topic posts, etc, and aren't so strong at dealing with 'human conflict'. This gap in our team desperately needs filling.

The ideal candidate:
1) Gives people chances to change their behavior before issuing any punishment - compassion first; ban hammer later.
2) Appreciates vigorous debate but understands that when it crosses into repeated personal attacks, intervention is needed to keep the conversation useful to others.
3) Does not have a strong political, religious, racial, sexual, sexuality, etc. bias of any kind, as our community is very diverse.
4) Does not have commercial conflicts of interest.
5) Is not here to exercise power.. but to help shape a more positive environment for everyone.

Yes, i know i'm asking for a rare bird. But.. it never hurts to ask. Let's hear from you!
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500 MTB.
Monster MTB: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: Heavy duty Cannondale semi recumbent - under construction.
Blue Dream: Maxaraya FS semi recumbent and high efficiency mid-drive - under construction.

tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Re: ES is looking for a volunteer moderator

Post by tomjasz » Feb 24 2021 7:01pm

WOW!
Last edited by tomjasz on Mar 18 2021 12:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

goatman   100 MW

100 MW

Post by goatman » Feb 24 2021 11:23pm

Last edited by goatman on Feb 24 2021 11:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeftieBiker   100 kW

100 kW

Post by LeftieBiker » Feb 24 2021 11:28pm

I could probably do it, but I'm stretched a little thin, moderating most of the day at the Leaf site. If you don't get a good volunteer, PM me.

joel52334   1 µW

1 µW

Post by joel52334 » Mar 16 2021 12:56am

I've been a moderator all my working-adult life. It'd be happy to share vi PM, Hangouts, what ever. I'm an IT & Systems Engineer 26+ years. I'm Mr in between all the time.

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Mar 16 2021 4:33pm

joel52334 wrote:
Mar 16 2021 12:56am
I've been a moderator all my working-adult life. It'd be happy to share vi PM, Hangouts, what ever. I'm an IT & Systems Engineer 26+ years. I'm Mr in between all the time.
Hell of a first post.. can't realistically take you on due to how new you are.

Sorry to the others. I'm being ultra picky here.
I would still like to give anyone willing to fill a role here a role in the future when we have software that allows greater customizations of what permissions we give. Thank you for volunteering and i will keep you in mind for other tasks if you are interested in them.
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500 MTB.
Monster MTB: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: Heavy duty Cannondale semi recumbent - under construction.
Blue Dream: Maxaraya FS semi recumbent and high efficiency mid-drive - under construction.