Wanted battery repair Maryland

Thorsaw

1 mW
Hello,

I have a 72v 48ah Made in china (with Japanese cells) battery that will no longer hold a charge. I believe that I left it too long without charging it. The battery has a full BMS. I can ship the battery anywhere if someone is able to take a look.

Why don't you get a multimeter and have a look yourself? There are some problems that are worth fixing, and others that aren't.

Thorsaw said:
Hello,

I have a 72v 48ah Made in china (with Japanese cells) battery that will no longer hold a charge. I believe that I left it too long without charging it. The battery has a full BMS. I can ship the battery anywhere if someone is able to take a look.
If you don't want to try yourself, you can put up an ad in local classifieds. But be careful that the person doesn't disappear with your battery.

You really need to get a $15 sparkfun digital multi meter/DMM and test each cell, and also where the break in current is. Perhaps the pack is fine and the BMS died.

There are unscrupulous battery mechanics that will say its shot, charge you $40 for the diagnostic, quote you a huge fee if you want it shipped back (so you say keep it), charge you a "lithium disposal fee", buy a new BMS, and then sell it for $500.

Back