Torque arms

Hey guys i just built a bike for a customer and hes a big guy. One side of the axil started spinning in the torque arm and it ruined the hull wire. It seems one side of the axil is bigger than the other so i had to file the torque arm down to fit the one side and that was the problem. Are Their Different Size Torque Arms? Or Is Their A Better Way To Secure The Axil On A Powerful Hub Motor?

E-StreetBikes said:
Hey guys i just built a bike for a customer and hes a big guy. One side of the axil started spinning in the torque arm and it ruined the hull wire. It seems one side of the axil is bigger than the other so i had to file the torque arm down to fit the one side and that was the problem. Are Their Different Size Torque Arms? Or Is Their A Better Way To Secure The Axil On A Powerful Hub Motor?

There's different size torque arms and axles.
It's comes down to what comes with the motor.
It makes no sense 1 axle side is bigger than the other
It makes even less sense that 1 side of the axle span in it as its 1 big piece.

What torque arms did you install and please tell me you installed 2 although I doubt they are installed correctly if you didn't even notice the size differences

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34150

Here is a good link. Torque arms and plates have had a lot of discussion and nothing new is to be added.

You are new here so a quick recap.

Power levels dictate what you need. Low levels don't need plates/arms then it moves up to 1-2 arms then plates and clamping plates.

Lower levels can use purchased torque arms which have play or slop. That is made worse with regen or using reverse. The you need two arms, one adjusted left and the other right to lock the axel from twisting.

At some point you will need to make arms/plates that are fitted snug and even driven on to the axel. Holes cut small then filed to a fit with no play at all.

Then the next level is clamping. where a bolt or device draws the arm/plate slot down on the axel tight.

Back