Chrome Triple Fork for 26" bike

Diddler

1 W
Appreciate any insights regarding the following. Does anyone know the widest drop outs featured on a triple fork?
Reason for my question. I'm finding numerous fat wheels whose axle width is 170mm, however cannot locate any vendor carrying an extra wide triple fork sufficiently wide enough to accommodate a hub that's 170mm.

Any thoughts on this folks. Any idea where I can look would be appreciated.

thank you,
Diddler

170mm is a rear fat wheel spacing. 135mm is a front fat wheel spacing, and it's easy to find forks that wide.

Was under the same impression that 170 was rear and 135 front. However, located a front wheel at local bike shop which calls for 170 front. Was a bit surprised, but assumed my novice status simply didn't know.

Thanks for the update.
Diddler

Message for Chalo,
Apologies for being in error. Returned to the local bike shop to double check whether they had a front hub with a width of 170. Sure enough, Chalo correct as usual. The person had made a mistake; and, sure enough the wheel I liked has a 135mm hub width.
Thanks Chalo for challenging me to look again.
Diddler

As I develop my ebike, Chalo correctly observed it's essentially a fashion piece. At this point, due to non-stock by numerous sources, I cannot find a fat, chrome triple fork with drop outs at least 5.3/8 inches.

Any ideas who might be a source that custom makes this product? Appreciate any suggestions I may contact.

Thanks
Diddler

Can anyone shed light on the following. When searching for chrome triple forks, there seems ample supply with Steer tube 1" however cannot locate a product with Steer 1 & 1/8.

Is it a matter that 1 & 1/8 is no longer in style? What's the deal? Thoughts?

Diddler

There are always both kinds around. There may be a limited supply of whatever's more popular, due to manufacturing and shipping delays.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333884609965

Yes, have seen numerous ones on ebay. Most don't reveal dropout measurements, thus useless to guess and have to return item.
If you have any suggestions, I will yield to your wisdom.
thanks,
Diddler

Diddler said:
Yes, have seen numerous ones on ebay. Most don't reveal dropout measurements, thus useless to guess and have to return item.

They're all 100mm unless they say otherwise. If they're for a fat tire they'll say so, and they'll be 135mm.

Diddler said:
thanks,
Diddler
For ebay, I've found that asking the seller often works.

https://www.lairdframe.com/

Try asking a frame builder who does custom geometry and forks. Their jigs might be too short but I am assuming you want a long chrome chopper style fork? Anyways, there are a lot of custom frame builders doing this type of thing.

You can use the legs and steer tube from a normal width chopper fork, and maybe someone can make you wider triple clamps.

Back