New headlight wiring

Bear with me. I bought a Nakto ebike last summer. Overall I'm satisfied with it, but one of the things that irked me was the brightness of the headlight, or the lack thereof. I did something about it and bought a much brighter headlight online. The bike and stock headlamp came with a 3 pin Julet connector. The headlight I bought only had two terminals, but that's OK since I would just find the ground wire and play with each pin. Problem is, the headlight did not come with a Julet connector, only bare wires. Looking for rudimentary wiring diagrams for this bike yielded very little. I assumed the black wire was ground and the red wire was positive, so I soldered the headlight to a Julet connector I bought separately.

Black to black and red to red didn't work, so I decided to resolder. Problem is, the connections were so tight, I couldn't undo them without destroying the terminals. Now I'm left with 3 wires sticking out of the bike and 2 wires sticking out of the headlight. Has anyone wired a new headlight like this? I'm fine with not getting new connectors, I just need this to work. And yes, I'm aware that the other wire is for the horn. I can do without that for now (people typically ignore when I beep them anyway).

What lights did you buy do you have links and what battery and controller do you have?

Shipoffools said:
calab said:
What lights did you buy do you have links and what battery and controller do you have?

I got this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XVAEP8...t_i_N8Q2128CCQ1TQW5FA61T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1. Says it works with a very wide range of voltages. My bike's power system is stock, which means a 48v battery. As far as the controller goes, not sure. Whatever came with the bike.
I've got a couple of those. If you can't providing information about your controller, then perhaps provide the voltage you are getting out of the lighting connector.

I managed to figure out the wiring and get the light working. The difficulty lies with the color coding they used. Coming off the bike, there are black, red and white wires. The light has black and red due to the absence of a horn. The white wire coming off the bike powers the light, whereas the red wire powers the horn. Soldering those connections right at the bike was a royal pain though.

Back