EEB Chinese clone rear shock

nalu808

1 W
I am planning a EEB clone build and unsure what size rear shock to get. I am going to run 19" moto wheels front and back. I see some use 200mm 220mm and 240mm. Looks like most I have seen run 240. I will mostly do street riding.. Any help would be appreciated.

I have found posts elsewhere that talk about setting up rear suspension, not much talk here except for the rare bird that might chime in.

The different lengths of shocks will give different heights to the saddle.
What I did with my build, was to use a length of bar, with holes in it. One end bolted to the swing arm, the other end drilled at 190, 200, 210,220mm and then tried each position to see what felt comfortable. For me it was 200mm. Any longer and saddle height was a problem.
In shocks I have tried 190mm (which I had) and am now using a 205mm motor cycle type (Being I am heavy and needed the stronger springing).
The 205 shock I have, while only 5mm longer than my ideal, just makes the bike a little high with the saddle fully down.
As for difference in travel and performance, I never noticed any difference.
My bike is used on road all the time.

So, my suggestion, is find out what is the right height to suit you and then look for shocks around that size and unless you are using an air shock, you will need to find out what is a suitable spring strength to suit also.

Back