Lining up the rear gear cogs with the Tongsheng TSDZ2

IrlDaveBlue

10 mW
Hi,
I am planning to install a Tongsheng TSDZ2B 48 volt 750 watt mid drive motor on a Giant Escape 0.

The Giant Escape 0 has a single front chain ring.

Does anyone know whether the chain ring on the TSDZ2, will protrude much more from the frame than the original front chain ring?

Can this create a problem with lining up the chain with the rear gear cogs?

If there is a difficulty in lining up, are there any techniques to get around this?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Do you have a ruler? 50.2mm from the centerline:
e-bike-kit-for-bikes-with-coaster-brake-tongsheng-tsdz2-mid-drive-motor-250w-01.jpg

I think a standard 42t ring on the tongsheng tsdz2b will be fine look at the chain ring that comes as standard on the giant escape its pretty big anyway. I fitted a bafang bbs02b on to a marin mount vision 2 and ended us shaving 2mm of the drive side bb to get a nice chain line.i fitted a tsdz2b on to my voodoo bokor last night and had to use a spacer ring on the drive side because part on the chain wheel housing was fouling on the chain stay, the chain ring had plenty of room though, the housing will foul on the frame before the ring unless you run a 60t dinner plate sise ring or something.

Thanks E-HP and Bafangfink,
Good to see the diagram and also to hear that about the variations between the Marin mount vision 2 and the Voodoo bokor.

Did you shave 2mm off the TSDZ2 chain ring?

Hopefully, we won't have to do that. But if we do have to shave off a couple of mm... do you have any tips on how to go about it?

Best Wishes,
Dave

IrlDaveBlue said:
Thanks E-HP and Bafangfink,
Good to see the diagram and also to hear that about the variations between the Marin mount vision 2 and the Voodoo bokor.

Did you shave 2mm off the TSDZ2 chain ring?

Hopefully, we won't have to do that. But if we do have to shave off a couple of mm... do you have any tips on how to go about it?

Best Wishes,
Dave

That's 2mm off the bottom bracket (frame), not the TSDZ2.

Back