E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Emmett » Aug 18 2018 9:38pm

StudRock wrote:
Aug 18 2018 7:53pm
Is there a setting in the DC1 that only allows charging up to 90%...? Otherwise, I'm not sure how I can manage "consistent" charges to 90% with a timer, unless I dial the 3 hours back to an hour or so...?
If you know the cell type (max volts per cell), nbr cells in series and the charged volts for the pack, then you can calculate to check if the 100% volts on the display is really 100% for the cells.

I doubt the DC-1 can terminate the charging process. The charger is directly connected to the battery, so only it can decide when its output voltage is at maximum. If you open the charger there might/should be a little pot you can adjust.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 18 2018 10:53pm

StudRock wrote:
Stealth family now that I got my first FLAT..! Yup, rear tire and a roofing nail dead in the middle of it. The tube had some Slime but not enough when I pulled the nail out. So...I put the bike up on my hydraulic motorcycle jack, strapped it down and learned on the fly how to remove the rear wheel. It was simple enough... the B@#$# was taking that freakin tire off. I didn't know if it was okay to use my motorcycle tire irons with that rim, so I stuck with the plastic MTB ones. Yeah, that was a lot of fun... :x :x Luckily for me, I noticed the nail while it was in the garage. I dont know how you guys do it out in the field with the tire on the bike. - Anyway, I expanded my vocabulary quite a bit and finally got it done and I'm back in business...! :D
This is why I run a motorcycle rim tire combo on the rear. It wont stop a roofing nail but everything else short of that. I hate changing tubes and tires on the trail, I also run Mr Tuffy tire liners to help resist flats.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 18 2018 10:59pm

I doubt the DC-1 can terminate the charging process.
It doesn't Emmett. The DC1 will count a charge cycle when ever a battery gets below the programmed volt parameter and then charged back over it. My Bomber doesn't have a DC1 but my Fighter and P7 did/do. When my P7 discharges below 51 volts, and then I charge it up past 52, the DC1 registers a cycle, its very conservative with the settings and I understand why Stealth programs it that way. Its set up for the customer that doesn't know $h!t about $h!t.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Aug 19 2018 3:04am

You can open up the charger and adjust the voltage with a trimpot to what ever you like.
If you dont mess around you buy this:
http://www.ebikes.ca/cycle-satiator-72v-5a.html

To understand batteries - a must read:
https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php ... _batteries
https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php ... _batteries

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Aug 19 2018 11:59am

StudRock wrote:

On a side note...Do I qualify as a member of the Stealth family now that I got my first FLAT..! Yup, rear tire and a roofing nail dead in the middle of it. The tube had some Slime but not enough when I pulled the nail out. So...I put the bike up on my hydraulic motorcycle jack, strapped it down and learned on the fly how to remove the rear wheel. It was simple enough... the B@#$# was taking that freakin tire off. I didn't know if it was okay to use my motorcycle tire irons with that rim, so I stuck with the plastic MTB ones. Yeah, that was a lot of fun... :x :x Luckily for me, I noticed the nail while it was in the garage. I dont know how you guys do it out in the field with the tire on the bike. - Anyway, I expanded my vocabulary quite a bit and finally got it done and I'm back in business...! :D
Hey man,
I swapped to a moto rear as well. When I first had the bike I too got a flat out in the wild wound up walking it home, thankfully I was not that far. I use a stock moto tube and tire combo w moto rim laced to the motor (you have already prob read about many people this) Depending on your weight (I weight 165) you can get away with just this.... others have used strips, slime, and tubless. I run 14psi and have never had a puncture. you may be able to just add more pressure and be fine as well. When I first installed the moto rear I could feel the weight difference but that lasted less than a week at most... I would never go back to a MTB rear because as you have expierenced and expanded your vocab in the process... changing a hub mounted tire sux tuckass

Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 19 2018 6:15pm

I still run the original style MTB rear rim on my Fighter....although everything else is different. :lol:

When I first got my bike I did get a bunch of punctures and it sucked so bad. Since then I've found two main things make the MTB rim/tyre combo can actually work.
1) Increase the pressure. Yes this is a bit of a compromise, but it does help prevent pinch flats. I typically run 30-35PSI in my Duro tyres.

2) Use a tyre liner. I use an old tube with the valve stem cut out and cut all around the inside. Lay this in the inside of the tyre with plenty of talcum powder.

I also use plenty of talcum powder when installing the tube to prevent pinch flats. Since doing all this I've only got a handful of punctures in the 4+ years I've been doing it and most of those were slow leaks.

I typically carry about 4-6 Co2 canisters in my tool bag and when leaks are not catastrophic I just dump a Co2 into the tyre, ride as far/fast as I can till it gets dangerously low, then repeat until I get home. This approach has saved my having to change a tube a number of times.

The other thing I do is carry a Gaadi double ended tube.
They do sell a 24x2.25 inch version that does fit ok in the standard Bomber/Fighter wheels.
I've used these successfully at least a few times.

Alternatively, you could just go with a moto rim/tyre combo, but for me the extra weight is a big factor.

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

The stuff I make and modify.

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Aug 19 2018 7:55pm

As recommended by Rix, I run a Shinko SR241 at about 10 PSI on a narrow 19" moto rim. With Tubliss. It just clears the chain on my Fighter. It's awesome.

Initially I was concerned about the additional unsprung weight and negative handling. But it has a huge benefit to handling because the fat spongey tyre becomes a very active suspension component. The rear is bucked around much less with this setup.

When I do smash into hard edges at speed the Tubliss high pressure liner takes the hit easily. I ride over 6 to 12" high square edge sandstone rocks routinely at 20 to 40 km/h and it's no problem. Zero punctures so far after 100+ ride hours.

Obviously it has more than double the rear grip. The bonus function is I think money saved in the long term, because the SR241 tyre lasts perhaps 10x one Razorback tyre.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 20 2018 9:49am

Emmett wrote:
Aug 19 2018 7:55pm
As recommended by Rix, I run a Shinko SR241 at about 10 PSI on a narrow 19" moto rim. With Tubliss. It just clears the chain on my Fighter. It's awesome.

Initially I was concerned about the additional unsprung weight and negative handling. But it has a huge benefit to handling because the fat spongey tyre becomes a very active suspension component. The rear is bucked around much less with this setup.

When I do smash into hard edges at speed the Tubliss high pressure liner takes the hit easily. I ride over 6 to 12" high square edge sandstone rocks routinely at 20 to 40 km/h and it's no problem. Zero punctures so far after 100+ ride hours.

Obviously it has more than double the rear grip. The bonus function is I think money saved in the long term, because the SR241 tyre lasts perhaps 10x one Razorback tyre.
Yep, that why I will never run a bicycle tire on the rear of anything that puts out more than 1 kw again.

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Aug 20 2018 7:25pm

Speaking of moto tire action my vee rubber VRM 012 is donski!! long live the vee rubber!!
I bought it in 2015 and average at least 2 rides a week.... I prob should have replaced it a while ago but meh...
Since I'm going to try a new tire I though I would put up a review....

MY SET UP:

Front Tire: Duro

Front wheel: Stock 24" MTB

Front Tube: HD MTB tube with MR Tuffy strips

Rear Tire: vee rubber VRM-021

Rear Wheel: Pro wheel 19x1.6, spokes 11/12 127mm, 6mm shaft L bends

Rear Tube: IRC moto tube

My weight: 165lbs

Riding: 95% offroad

Pressure F/R: 14psi/14psi

Review
THE GOOD:
The vee rubber was the perfect companion with the Duro on the front for the most part. I love that I can very predictably slide both wheels at the same time and make adjustments in a turn by weighting the front or back more.. esp on loose 2 track and fire roads etc.
If I needed more grip the Duro never failed when weighting the front and when weighting the rear the Vee Rubber matched it. Running 14psi it had no issues with ruts or rocks or square edge bumps the rim never took a hit even at speed. I never had any issues with traction or climbing. The carcass of the tire is stiff (compared to my ICE moto) so it handled the lower pressures fine. I took it down to 12psi once and felt that this was a bit too low. I felt the rim hit at that pressure. Climbing trails I never felt a need for more traction. Out here in so cal the ground varies a little bit but is mostly hard, dry and rocky. There are places where its loose and sandy and can be muddy but for the most part it's hard. On flat ground or moderate down hills the tire was consistent and under braking and had decent grip so no issues there. On the road the tire handled well and I never thought that it would slide out from underneath me even in moderately aggressive turning and trail braking. If I need to do a direction change by sliding the rear it works great and gives good feedback.

THE BAD:
Descending esp on long steep single track is where the vee rubber could use a little help. The rear of the bike did not have the confidence that the front has and felt like an unequal match. It will lock up under braking quite easily even with dropping the seat down to the frame and leaning back. I would be forced to modulate the brakes a lot sooner than I would like and rely more on the front than I would like which can cause more front end push. :cry:
Where I'm at there is a lot of tall dead grass that can cover a trail for quite a while making the trail quite slippery. The vee rubber isn't the best here and lets go quite easily.On large smooth boulders the rear would loose traction w downhill braking...(is there a pattern forming??????)
lastly when I have to push the bike up a crazy steep uphill the rear spins a lot and makes is difficult to push up. Granted this is a small gripe..

THE UGLY??
In general the tire is very predictable has good feedback and is consistent but may not have the top tier traction for the more extreme off road situations or wet or slick environments. It is very communicative and will let you know when it has nothing more to give. It's a great tire to go with the Duro. It may not have the top tier of traction but its so predictable and such a great match for the Duro that it makes up for its lack of traction in more extreme environments. If I lived in a wet environment and ride in mud I don't think I would use this due to the design and spacing of the tread would cause it to clog quite easily. If all I was doing was downhills I would not go with this tire either but for trail riding in dry conditions its pretty badd ass.

So on that note screw that tire!!!!!!
I'm off to try the m403!! because well...as we all know knobbies look cool and isn't that the most important thing???
be Interesting to see how the 403s handle in comparison...... Thx for reading fellas!!!.....

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 20 2018 8:57pm

Im betting you will like the 403's better than the VRM everywhere except pavement.

djjoonie   1 W

1 W

Post by djjoonie » Aug 28 2018 2:52pm

Random pics of magura brake install, bleeding and etc. ditched the ancient 8 piston gatorbrakes 8)
just waiting on the front brake bracket for rst fork
rotors next.

custom rubber belt for emergnecy co2 :)

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Aug 28 2018 3:25pm

Dig yer fancy air pump!

djjoonie   1 W

1 W

Post by djjoonie » Aug 28 2018 5:10pm

1abv wrote:
Aug 28 2018 3:25pm
Dig yer fancy air pump!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Aug 29 2018 4:19pm

mmmmm freshy......

djjoonie   1 W

1 W

Post by djjoonie » Aug 29 2018 10:18pm

1abv wrote:
Aug 29 2018 4:19pm

mmmmm freshy......
I can smell the tire from my desk 8) looks awesome. do you have a side view? :D

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Aug 31 2018 11:35am

You guys see stealths announcement of the 6.2 setup? Anyone know what model motor that is?

StudRock   1 mW

1 mW

Post by StudRock » Aug 31 2018 1:27pm

Tire and wheel setup looks Great..!!

I wish I could say the same. As of late, I have NOT been having good luck with tires and wheels. Its started off a few weeks ago when I posted that I got my first flat on the Bomber from a roofing nail. 2 days later while driving into work, I hit a landscaping rock with my BMW. Turns out that a truck that turned on to the highway dropped 3 rocks. As my luck would have it, I was in the left lane passing someone... when I went to get into the right lane the rock was on the dotted while line. BAMM..!! :cry: Both Right side Tires and wheels, the front splitter, the rock kicked up and severed the main battery cable going from the front of the car to the back. Anyway, $5000 later (Insurance covered it), I'm back in business.

I later found out that 3 other cars hit the rocks as well... a Jeep, another BMW and a Vet. The Jeep actually saw the rocks fall off the truck, but as soon as he hit them it took out tire and wheel as well. no one was able to get a description of the truck. Anyway, having bad luck with tires lately...

That said... if I wanted to get a MC Rim for the bomber and put a MC tire on, where would I go about finding a rim..? is it safe to say that any bike shop can lace it up...?

Thanks guys...

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 31 2018 3:40pm

StudRock wrote:
Aug 31 2018 1:27pm
Tire and wheel setup looks Great..!!

I wish I could say the same. As of late, I have NOT been having good luck with tires and wheels. Its started off a few weeks ago when I posted that I got my first flat on the Bomber from a roofing nail. 2 days later while driving into work, I hit a landscaping rock with my BMW. Turns out that a truck that turned on to the highway dropped 3 rocks. As my luck would have it, I was in the left lane passing someone... when I went to get into the right lane the rock was on the dotted while line. BAMM..!! :cry: Both Right side Tires and wheels, the front splitter, the rock kicked up and severed the main battery cable going from the front of the car to the back. Anyway, $5000 later (Insurance covered it), I'm back in business.

I later found out that 3 other cars hit the rocks as well... a Jeep, another BMW and a Vet. The Jeep actually saw the rocks fall off the truck, but as soon as he hit them it took out tire and wheel as well. no one was able to get a description of the truck. Anyway, having bad luck with tires lately...

That said... if I wanted to get a MC Rim for the bomber and put a MC tire on, where would I go about finding a rim..? is it safe to say that any bike shop can lace it up...?

Thanks guys...
Here is a link for the rim. http://www.prowheelracing.com/yamaha-pl ... -19-black/ A motorcycle shop (or Bicycle Shop) would be able to lace and true this rim to your hub motor provided you buy the correct spokes. What year is your Bomber? I think I may have some data somewhere for lacing this rim to the older 54xx motor, but not the new H5580 motor.

StudRock   1 mW

1 mW

Post by StudRock » Aug 31 2018 4:19pm

Rix wrote:
Aug 31 2018 3:40pm

Here is a link for the rim. http://www.prowheelracing.com/yamaha-pl ... -19-black/ A motorcycle shop (or Bicycle Shop) would be able to lace and true this rim to your hub motor provided you buy the correct spokes. What year is your Bomber? I think I may have some data somewhere for lacing this rim to the older 54xx motor, but not the new H5580 motor.
My Bomber is a 2016... Thanks for any guidance you can provide... :)

djjoonie   1 W

1 W

Post by djjoonie » Aug 31 2018 8:23pm

I recently upgraded my bomber motor to new crystallite UFO-40 series from stealth, not sure if this is the newest one tho.
(UFO-40100 =>100km/hr 72V system)

Pinotman   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Pinotman » Sep 01 2018 1:39am

djjoonie wrote:
Aug 11 2018 2:52pm
Allex wrote:
Aug 11 2018 2:28pm
What a ludicrous price on the ebay.
I contact Ferrei directly back in 2014 and got a quote at USD$108.2 for a BL200X
it is indeed ludicrous price, I asked stealth direct, they said $550 for same no stealth logo light :cry: :evil: :twisted:
This was back in 2016, im not sure if stealth sells them anymore tho.
Guys if any one is still interested in the BL200XQ ( Studrock was) .. i know that Carbonvelo sell these at under $200 US. check out their website.

cheers Nic

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 01 2018 10:46am

StudRock wrote:
Aug 31 2018 4:19pm
Rix wrote:
Aug 31 2018 3:40pm

My Bomber is a 2016... Thanks for any guidance you can provide... :)
I think you may have the 54xx motor, can you snap a pic and post it on the thread?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 01 2018 10:47am

djjoonie wrote:
Aug 31 2018 8:23pm
I recently upgraded my bomber motor to new crystallite UFO-40 series from stealth, not sure if this is the newest one tho.
(UFO-40100 =>100km/hr 72V system)
This is crystalytes newest UFO 40 series, not to be confused with the new H series.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 01 2018 10:49am

1abv wrote:
Aug 31 2018 11:35am
You guys see stealths announcement of the 6.2 setup? Anyone know what model motor that is?
I have known about it, but can't find the announcement. Where did you see it? BTW nice tire, you will like it.

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Sep 01 2018 11:14am

Faster 6.2 kW motor on Stealth B-52's

Making every ride exhilarating and memorable drives Stealth Electric Bikes to continually improve our bikes performance.

Early 2018 Stealth introduced new generation batteries to our B-52 and H-52 models the feedback was phenomenal and our customers raved about the acceleration and extended range.

However, Stealth wanted to make our bikes even more exhilarating, we went full speed ahead and put Crystalyte's new generation lighter 6.2 kW motor on our B-52's and H-52's.

Punching out a peak power output of 6.2kW, the Crystalyte 6.2 kW motor is specially designed for Stealth and produce a full 1000 watts more than the previous motor with a bonus 25% weight reduction.

Combined with the new battery, the Stealth B-52 is an unstoppable joy machine. Twist the throttle for instant thrust, you'll be maxing out in seconds and hitting the brakes just so you can feel the power again.

If you are interested to know what riding the world's premium electric mountain bike feels like then contact your nearest dealer to book a test ride.

Sent to my email...
Btw...Is that UFO a better motor than the o.g. Motor?