Noob EEB Enduro Build

Man I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully reason will prevail and someone will come to their senses.

I am sending positive vibes it will get sorted!

Keep us posted.

Damn I'm sorry to hear that man. Hope you get it sorted out, it really is a blast to ride once you get it together. Keep aliexpress in the loop and you should be fine. Keep us posted too.

@Geargrind: Wow, this does not exactly sound like fun. :shock:

But I agree with shortcircuit911 here: Usually Aliexpress solves those issues in a professional manor.

All the best to you and good luck !

Wow. Did the seller send you a boat load of items, when you only ordered one or something?
[/quote]

That's what I thought, but the package weight is no where near that amount of parts according to FedEx.. Sigh

HolgiB said:
@Geargrind: Wow, this does not exactly sound like fun. :shock:

But I agree with shortcircuit911 here: Usually Aliexpress solves those issues in a professional manor.

All the best to you and good luck !

Thanks for the luck ,hopefully Its better odds than winning tonight's big Lottery.

shortcircuit911 said:
Damn I'm sorry to hear that man. Hope you get it sorted out, it really is a blast to ride once you get it together. Keep aliexpress in the loop and you should be fine. Keep us posted too.

Just my crazy luck. Im in contact with FedEx via phone and email. Time will tell , Ill let ya all know what happens.

Gstegman said:
Man I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully reason will prevail and someone will come to their senses.

I am sending positive vibes it will get sorted!

Keep us posted.

This is why sellers need to make sure they accurately fill out the commercial invoice they stick on their shipments. Sick to my stomach all day at work. so the positive vibes are appreciated.. :shock:

@ Geargrind, Wow, This makes my experience with aliexpress seem like small potatoes. I bought from a seller called "ebike club". I recieved a frame with a 1 mm gap between the swingarm linkage and the bearing and the shock mount was not straight.

Gstegman said:
Yes you are spot on. I was laying in bed right after I posted that and it hit me. I also noticed I don’t have a red light on the controller but nor do I have a green (but USB DONGLE was plugged in).

I got swamped with work but managed to remove the tabs on the controller and am now trying to figure out how I want to stuff the battery and controller inside. I am thinking I might TIG something up to keep the battery weight as low as possible yet clear the bump outs of the sidecovers.

I officially have a roller just need some more understanding on the fine art of Sabvoton programming. Hall test is good, throttle works but havent set anything else.

Thanks for checking in, getting real close!!!

I see you have assembled an EEB, did it have a gap between the swingarm linkage mounts and the bearing?

Ghost Rider said:
Gstegman said:
Yes you are spot on. I was laying in bed right after I posted that and it hit me. I also noticed I don’t have a red light on the controller but nor do I have a green (but USB DONGLE was plugged in).

I got swamped with work but managed to remove the tabs on the controller and am now trying to figure out how I want to stuff the battery and controller inside. I am thinking I might TIG something up to keep the battery weight as low as possible yet clear the bump outs of the sidecovers.

I officially have a roller just need some more understanding on the fine art of Sabvoton programming. Hall test is good, throttle works but havent set anything else.

Thanks for checking in, getting real close!!!

I see you have assembled an EEB, did it have a gap between the swingarm linkage mounts and the bearing?
No one asked me but just wanted to say that mine was nice and snug when assembled 8)

SHIPPING UPDATE for those who asked prior:

Well after days and nights because of the time difference between china and the US , I have contacted the seller on Aliexpress and asked them to fill out the new commercial invoice that FedEx requested. And finally I received that form back, IT was completed wrong again ! Sooo, I filled out my own with info that I received from the seller and a representative via fedex themselves. I emailed said form to fedex, ok all good right ? NOPE.. Now I get email from fedex wanting 2 more forms filled out. One form for( Importation of Motor Vehicles and Motor Vehicle Equipment Subject to
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards ) OMG !, and another form (Aluminum Extrusions Worksheet
This worksheet is not required by U.S. Customs, however, a detailed description of the merchandise is required.
04/22/14
Antidumping (ADD) and Countervailing (CVD) duty may apply to aluminum extrusions produced in China) DOUBLE OMG !.

I was a hour late to work trying to get this all filled out after receiving forms via email early in the morning and having to call the Inspector lady( which was awesome to talk to by the way). Now back to waiting to see what happens next, shipment should be released (hopefully)and I still don't know If Ill be surprised to get a tariff bill or not yet... Sigh

Gstegman said:
Geargrind, I know it sucks but hang in there man!

Thanks , My wheels finally arrived today ! A bonus front laced 19" moto wheel was also shipped ?? so I received two laced front wheels (Novak 20mm hubs) and one rear laced hubmotor wheel. But I didn't get a tire on either laced front wheels, but the rear 19" laced hub motor came with a CST Brand 90/90 -19 . This has been a nerve wrenching, sleepless night shipping nightmare. The seller was nice and tried to do what I asked and I truly believe it wasn't his fault but his shipping contact or partners error all around . So now I have to try to find a matching tire or something else to mount on the front rim.. The saga continues..

Geargrind, Did you get hit with any crazy charges? Do you have more stuff coming or just missing a front tire?

I vote they comp you the front wheel for the headache.

Glad to hear you got your stuff.

Dude wtf! Glad you got your stuff.
They should give you something free. I got a free Gibson lesson Paul (copy) Ace Frehley edition for free because they didn't ship on time, BS tracking, slow response times. So I filed a claim against them and got a full refund. Might be worth a shot.

Gstegman said:
Geargrind, Did you get hit with any crazy charges? Do you have more stuff coming or just missing a front tire?

I vote they comp you the front wheel for the headache.

Glad to hear you got your stuff.

So far I haven't been hit with any charges, but I don't know how all that works.. I might get a surprise bill or something in the mail yet, hope not though. I don't have any more items with that order, just a missing tire, but received a spare laced front wheel. So I just ordered a shinko for the front (from a US bike shop ) for now. It wont match the rear, but it will probably end up being more suitable for my riding area any way.

shortcircuit911 said:
Dude wtf! Glad you got your stuff.
They should give you something free. I got a free Gibson lesson Paul (copy) Ace Frehley edition for free because they didn't ship on time, BS tracking, slow response times. So I filed a claim against them and got a full refund. Might be worth a shot.

I guess you could say I got a free spare front moto wheel laced as I didn't pay for that .. and I just ordered a Shinko tire for the front from a motorcycle shop here in the US.
And Wow ! They sent you a Guitar and got a full refund ? Glad you got something straightened around at least. Im just happy I received basically what I ordered finally. Now the wait for more parts..

Geargrind, Do you have enough goodies for a build thread? I would love to follow your progress?

Today I hope to program my controller and do a first test ride!

She is alive! Kept it to 5000w indicated and that resulted in a short duration sprint of 45 mph. In the back of my head I am wondering if everything is properly tightened...

I still have some considerable odds and ends on the to do list but am overall very pleased.

Thanks for all the help that got me to this point!

Gstegman said:
Geargrind, Do you have enough goodies for a build thread? I would love to follow your progress?

Today I hope to program my controller and do a first test ride!

Im expecting some more parts to come in the next few weeks, sooo maybe I can start a thread sometime in the future. Hope all is going well with your build.

If anyone with the EEB frame has pics of how you mounted battery and controller I could use some help. I am thinking of making a sort of battery box out of Aluminum angle iron but not sure yet. Any help is appreciated!

Gstegman said:
If anyone with the EEB frame has pics of how you mounted battery and controller I could use some help. I am thinking of making a sort of battery box out of Aluminum angle iron but not sure yet. Any help is appreciated!

I was just wondering how you have been doing with your build ? I have all but the battery, (Hoping there may be some deals At EM3EV around black Friday), so I cant give you any thoughts on mounting the battery...I mounted my controller down underneath under the frame, but my frame is the same as shortciruit911's.

Great news on your build. I have about 25 miles of test rides on the bike.

For now the controller is horizontally mounted between seat and handlebars with zipties. I used a piece if foam from EM3EVs outstanding packaging. The battery is at the lowest part of the frame again with foam.

I threw the tires on a bathroom scale one at a time and suspect I am at around 125lbs, ouch!

No rear brakes yet as I havent solved the issue of my phase wires hitting the rear rotor. I have a plan but need to get my little CNC mill going again (moved across country a few months ago).

As others have mentioned the moto seat is less than comfy on my old arse so I may source some foam options from the pitbike crowd.

I can tell you its night and day from my 2018 RadRover. I am having a blast!

Best of luck with yours, keep us updated...

Awesome thread guys, lots of valuable information, I’m about to embark on the same journey that you guys are on, I’ve been emailing back and forth with several alibaba providers for a while now, one thing that I still cant decide on is the rim size / motor winding combo, I know I want the QS 205 50H but not sure if 4T or 5T and to lace it on a 17”, 19”, 24” or 26” rim, what are your pointers on how to choose one over the other combo?

Back