E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

FL bomber said:
36cm ×15.5 ×11.5 is the size to fit in the bomber? Em3ev said they could fit 21 s 7p with BMS.
I would not go as low as 7P with any cell on the Bomber or Fighter. Even with a cell 30Q cell capable of 20A+ you are then limited to ~20AH and will be stressing the cells with every 5KW launch. That battery will not have a very long life unless you limit power to less than 3-4KW.

I would suggest to everyone you want a minimum of 8P, or better 10P for any 18650 replacement pack for the Bomber or Fighter, even with super high C rate cells.

Cheers

FL bomber said:
36cm ×15.5 ×11.5 is the size to fit in the bomber? Em3ev said they could fit 21 s 7p with BMS.

FL, I just went out and did some careful eyeballing using the dimensions of 36x15.5x11.5 cm you provided. Its going to be a real tight fit.

I think it will fill fit but you'll probably have to remove some or all of the rubber cushion on the back side, and about half of it on the bottom. Good luck. I give it a 85% chance of working.

I just got a brain storm. Why am I stressing about the width of the battery? I wouldn't care if it was 1 1/2" wider then the frame, if it fit the other dimensions. I could easily fabricate some kind of spacer to take up the gap. That should increase the possibility's I would think.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I just got a brain storm. Why am I stressing about the width of the battery? I wouldn't care if it was 1 1/2" wider then the frame, if it fit the other dimensions. I could easily fabricate some kind of spacer to take up the gap. That should increase the possibility's I would think.
Yup! I did this previously with some LiPo. As long as the wider sections clear the top/bottom lips, you can cram up to 135mm wide pack in there. I used some thick weather insulation padding around the side panels to buffer them out a bit. Works well. :)

Just make sure the bottom lip is not cutting into the battery at all or you could have one very expensive firework. :p

Cheers

FL bomber said:

21S7P are 147 cells .... it seems a lot less than what we could fit there.
I bet they use plastic spacers to hold the cells together.
My 20S14P battery made with hot glued cells has the following measurements without BMS: 37,5cmx12cmx14cm
Weight 14Kg and deliver 2900Wh from 4.15V to 3.00V single cells voltage range measured in real life than it has 206Wh/Kg in real life conditions.

Theodore Voltaire said:
FL bomber said:

FL, I just went out and did some careful eyeballing using the dimensions of 36x15.5x11.5 cm you provided. Its going to be a real tight fit.

I think it will fill fit but you'll probably have to remove some or all of the rubber cushion on the back side, and about half of it on the bottom. Good luck. I give it a 85% chance of working.

Stock battery on bombers from 2012-2015 is 36x15,5x11x5 so I dont see why it would not fit- it is the same measurement I make longer packs than 36cm and they fit with ease.

Cowardlyduck said:
FL bomber said:
I would not go as low as 7P with any cell on the Bomber or Fighter. Even with a cell 30Q cell capable of 20A+ you are then limited to ~20AH and will be stressing the cells with every 5KW launch. That battery will not have a very long life unless you limit power to less than 3-4KW.

I would suggest to everyone you want a minimum of 8P, or better 10P for any 18650 replacement pack for the Bomber or Fighter, even with super high C rate cells.

Cheers
Nah, 30Q cells are good for 15A and stock controller is 65A thats 9Amps per cell during launches. About 2/3 of their rated value. Almost vacation for them =)
But of course you will have longer life you you use 1/3 of their rated value.

I use 3p pack with GA cells on another build and push 20A trough them so about 2/3, this battery is now 3 years old and I still have 97% of the capacity left

I came across these guys looking through EBR.
Hi-C battery they're out of Colorado and offer a one year warranty. They make 20s 72 volt 21 amp hour up to 42ah. Prices starting at 1249

FL bomber said:
I came across these guys looking through EBR.
Hi-C battery they're out of Colorado and offer a one year warranty. They make 20s 72 volt 21 amp hour up to 42ah. Prices starting at 1249

For what it's worth, I posted a link to Hi-C in the Sondors owners group (8700 members), and owners living in Colorado claim to know the owner personally, and vouch for the company. Apprently the owners name is Patrick Duggan. He's known locally through the Denver eBike owners club.

Hey Theodore I just got off the phone with Hi-C. They sound like they know what they're doing and prices seem reasonable. They're building packs from 30 Qs and vtc6 cells. Waiting on 20s 12p price quote.

FL bomber said:
Hey Theodore I just got off the phone with Hi-C. They sound like they know what they're doing and prices seem reasonable. They're building packs from 30 Qs and vtc6 cells. Waiting on 20s 12p price quote.

I'm all ears FL. It turns out the owner, Patrick Duggan is a member of the Sondors owners group, and he's in direct contact with other members in the group, asking him about battery rebuilds for their bikes. That's a positive sign on his part because we have a bunch of vendors in the group, and no one wants a negative report when close to 9000 people could potentially see it. Every vendor brave enough to deal with us has proven honest, and above board so far.

21s or 20s 12p for my bomber.
What are the pros and cons efficiency?heat buildup?
Power? With the 21s I can use the stealth Chargers I have. But the 21s I think we'll be to tight at 380cm
Versus the 20s at 360cm. Will the 20s still hit same speeds as stock bomber?

FL bomber said:
21s or 20s 12p for my bomber.
What are the pros and cons efficiency?heat buildup?
Power? With the 21s I can use the stealth Chargers I have. But the 21s I think we'll be to tight at 380cm
Versus the 20s at 360cm. Will the 20s still hit same speeds as stock bomber?

I would be happy with 20s. Stock battery's for our Bombers are 72v nominal, so there shouldn't be much difference, but hopefully less sag. I want more range. So 12p would be about 36ah? That's bunches. Is this still Hi-c battery?

Keep in mind that old stealth batteries are LifePO chem. Those stays at 3,2V per cell almost during whole discharge - 77V
li-ion cells goes down in voltage while in use so it could be as low as 3V, at 20s its 60V so much lower top speed.
But they are also higher at full charge at 4,2V per cell, that would gives us 84V and a tad higher top speed after a full charge, but this does not last for long and they quickly fall below 80V

I recommend going with 21s or more if you want speed. This will keep your nominal voltage at 75,6V vs 77 on the stock pack.

Yes Theodore this is from Hi-C. 75.6v 36ah.
380x135x108mm 2630wh
180A Peak current
100A Bluetooth BMS
26.5lbs
75.6v. 5A charger
BMS will be shrink-wrapped externally102x138x12mm

1900 dollars
Free shipping
Will the 380 mm fit with padding under bottom of pack

I've contacted a Chinese factory in darkest china. Doing a little better this time than with the last one. This is what he's recommending, except they will custom build the size to

370x140x140 mm
LG 3400mAh 18650 3.7v Cell
150A peak, 80A continuous bms
I'm not sure about the price, but maybe $1250 shipped

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/72V-40AH-electric-bike-Lithium-battery-for-3000W-4000W-Motor-72V-E-bike-Li-ion-battery/202225_32919737249.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.43.320b171ctBZoZY

I guess 380mm long is too much.
My battery is 370mm long and it's not very easy to fit, I need to insert the battery diagonally and upwards.

FL bomber said:
What cells are in stealth new pack? How do they fit 22s? Must not be using 18650

I think this is what's going on FL, the home builders are making more compact battery packs by gluing cells directly to each other, but manufacturers are unwilling to to do that. They apprantly insist on using a frame that separates the cells from each other for safety reasons, but that makes the physical size of the whole pack larger. Even the chinese factory's, that get no respect, are unwiling to glue the cells directly to each other.

Hey FL, hold the bus. I talked to a different vendor in the Sondors owner group that says she can make us replacement battery's with 80 amp BMS an either Sanyo (panasonic cells) or Samsung cells

I think her factory is in china, but she lives in Arlington Texas, about 20 miles from my house.

Back