E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jan 10 2019 10:36pm

tomjasz wrote:
Jan 10 2019 9:16pm
Take it from someone who lives around the factory and in a part of the country where HD shops are a big presence. HD has been into electric design for more than a decade. Not starting, rather they’ve been watching the economics. Or so an HD engineer reports. But if reliability follows their pattern, I’ll stick to building.
I resemble that remark, owning a Harley made me the mechanic I am today :lol: :wink:

tomjasz   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jan 11 2019 11:40pm

Rix wrote:
Jan 10 2019 10:36pm
tomjasz wrote:
Take it from someone who lives around the factory and in a part of the country where HD shops are a big presence. HD has been into electric design for more than a decade. Not starting, rather they’ve been watching the economics. Or so an HD engineer reports. But if reliability follows their pattern, I’ll stick to building.
I resemble that remark, owning a Harley made me the mechanic I am today :lol: :wink:
Eggs Ackley!
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jan 12 2019 7:41pm

tomjasz wrote:
Jan 11 2019 11:40pm
Rix wrote:
Jan 10 2019 10:36pm
tomjasz wrote:
Eggs Ackley!
We really need like tabs on our post, this comment deserves 5 likes.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 14 2019 12:48pm

I don't think it's so much about Harley watching the market for the right time, as it is Harley doesn't have a clue about electric bikes. The LiveWire is yuck. When you know what you're doing you create the market. When you don't know, you wait around for someone else to do it. I'm pretty sure when the first Bomber was made all the other manufacturers thought there wasn't a market for it. Stealth created their niche.

What Harley should do is toss the mid drive idea, and build a Stealth Bomber spec bike that looks exactly like this bike, and call it the XRe They would instantly become a major player the high performance electric bicycle, street market. A niche currently owned exclusively by Stealth. Equipped with a VBoxx, or even better, a Harley billet 10 speed pedal gear box (probably commissioned). $15,000 or more list price. If it was guaranteed to go 50 mph, and had a 30 ah battery you know you'd be making excuses to go by the Harley shop for a look.

tomjasz   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jan 14 2019 9:49pm

Seriously! You truly believe HD CFO, CEO, and corporate staff are that shallow?

HD had a scooter long before scooters were cool. HD has been poking at electric for at least 20 years. The market is only now waking up. But given it’s filled with low price leaders, who’d not evaluate the market with patience and control. Maybe Sondors showed them run of the mill eBike buyers are clueless tight wads. I swear bot my Sondors buddies have their First Communion money. ALMOST TRUE. :wink:
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

Cowardlyduck   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jan 15 2019 4:38am

Good to see people still enjoying their first experience on a Stealth!

No idea who this guy is, but his reaction is typical. :D

Cheers
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Heat-sinked Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

The stuff I make and modify.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 15 2019 9:24am

tomjasz wrote:
Jan 14 2019 9:49pm
Seriously! You truly believe HD CFO, CEO, and corporate staff are that shallow?

HD had a scooter long before scooters were cool. HD has been poking at electric for at least 20 years. The market is only now waking up. But given it’s filled with low price leaders, who’d not evaluate the market with patience and control. Maybe Sondors showed them run of the mill eBike buyers are clueless tight wads. I swear bot my Sondors buddies have their First Communion money. ALMOST TRUE. :wink:

I hope Harley will eventually hire the right people, but electrics are going to be a huge challenge. Harley hasn't had a successful bike in the last 70 years that wasn't a big twin or sportster. If Harley manages to succeed with electrics i doubt the inspiration will come for Willey G, and company.

FL bomber   100 W

100 W

Post by FL bomber » Jan 15 2019 12:45pm

My bombers new pack is assembled. 72v36ah 30Q 20s12p.
The bombers battery discharge connector is a Anderson SB 50 correct? Charge connectors are Anderson power-pole 45a correct? I need to confirm this with Patrick at Hi-C battery.

Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Jimboyr6 » Jan 15 2019 5:37pm

I would say that is correct
Stealth bomber owner 138 livin the dream

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 15 2019 8:47pm

FL bomber wrote:
Jan 15 2019 12:45pm
My bombers new pack is assembled. 72v36ah 30Q 20s12p.
The bombers battery discharge connector is a Anderson SB 50 correct? Charge connectors are Anderson power-pole 45a correct? I need to confirm this with Patrick at Hi-C battery.
Oh boy I'll really looking forward to this FL. I don't understand about having to hook up the BMS, I hope it's easy. I got my new zero interest credit card ready to rip.

The output connector is a Anderson SB 50, but my original factory connectors were Chinese copy's of a Anderson SB 50 that wouldn't connect to a genuine Anderson SB 50. Easy enough to swap if you have the old one, or one like your new one. As long as both sides are the same brand you're good to go.

The charge connector is a Anderson 30 amp

\ (•◡•) /   100 mW

100 mW

Post by \ (•◡•) / » Jan 15 2019 9:01pm

Cowardlyduck wrote:
Jan 15 2019 4:38am
Good to see people still enjoying their first experience on a Stealth!

No idea who this guy is, but his reaction is typical. :D

Cheers
I like that photoshopped wheelie on the thumbnail :lol: