E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

fluid2150 said:
Just working on my new b52. Putting lights in and noticed they use giant Anderson plugs,
15480449390560.jpg but what I just realised is that there is no inline fuse, or fuse at all? This normal? I'm going to install a 60 amp audio inline fuse so I can tap into the power for my head light and tail light.
Any thoughts?

That's is one big battery 😲
15480495928410.jpg

This is an adapter I made for my sons B52 for power takeoff to run lights.

Lighting-adapter.jpg

This is where I'm sort of headed with my seat height. I realize I can't get as low as a rigid frame storm, but you get the idea. In this picture the Storm seat is 32", and my Stealth is 36". I've since raised the Storm seat 2" in a compromise to pedal geometry so call it 34", which I can live with.

seat-height.jpg

Some new. Updates 😍
Installed the switch and now there is light 😲

Attachments

• 15482451878740.jpg
    15482451878740.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,204
This is my ass hatchet collection. They get more comfortable from left to right, except the new one on the far right is yet untested. The one on the left is my stock Bomber seat made by SDG. It should of been STD because after about 2 minutes a sexually transmitted disease would be preferable between your legs. It's by far the most uncomfortable seat of the bunch. At least it has acceptable looks, and does work as a seat so I give it a 1 out of 10.

Next in my collection is a seat made by Velo. It came on a Cadillac branded bicycle made by Kent bicycles. It's slightly more comfortable than the SGD, mainly because it's wider, and has more padding. It feels like it should be more comfortable then it is, but it isn't. The combination of it's shape, and size just didn't work very well for me. It's also a little style limited with a Cadillac logo in the middle of it, so I give it a 2 star rating.

The third seat is an Origin 8, Classic. It's noticeably more comfortable than the first two because it has a superior shape that works. It a little more saddle like. The Classic is a $20 copy a high dollar seat that looks just like it. It's a decent looking seat with a good shape, but where it comes up short is in the padding department. It has thin padding, and under that the seat pan is rock hard. Even so this seat is comfortable for a lot longer then the first two. I might still be using it on my Bomber, but even though it's a pretty decent looking seat, It's styling is a little too classic for the Bomber's modern avant-garde look. I give it a 4 out of 10.

The 4th seat is an expensive snooty ass $200 Brooks Cambium. Yeah I have to admit it's a little more comfortable than all the ones so far, but not by much. Since the top is a hammock design made out of thick rubber, it's softer than the others, but that doesn't mean it feels soft. It's pretty hard actually, but has more give where it needs it. It's not a whole lot more comfortable than the Classic, but it is more comfortable. Looks wise it's a combination between modern, and classic. I didn't feel like it fit with the Bombers Styling much better than the Classic. It's main problem though was pretty bad. The rubber top started tearing in at least 2 places, and would have gotten a lot worse if I hadn't taken it off when I did. I was kind of fat at the time, probably 235. Hey I'm under 200 now so stop laughing. Even overlooking that failure I still only give the Brooks a 5 out of 10, because it's really not that comfortable, and the looks weren't quite right for a Bomber.

That just leaves the last seat on the right. Made by Bontrager. I think it was a oem seat for some Trek model, made by Bontrager. It was $30 shipped. Haven't installed it yet so I can only comment how it feels in hand, but I like the way it looks. It's about as wide as the Cadillac seat, not quite as much padding, but the shape looks a little more comfortable. It's not flat like a skillet, it tapers down a little towards the sides. It almost could be a cross between the flat Cadillac seat, and the more rounded saddle Classic, but it has complimentary modern to a Bomber. I have high hopes for this seat.

AH2-2.jpg

Considering only looks as I don't know these exact saddles, my first and most preferable option would be last one due ergonomics, it does look ergonomic, no idea what materials it is made. People say that it takes time till saddle adjusts to you or vice versa.
Second option would be second saddle.
And last option would first saddle.

I've Velo VL3147 on my regular bicycle. It's is best what I ever had. Last years I ride seldom. But if I ever what I know that I found saddle which is ok for me. I share my bike with heavy rider. Saddle holds pretty good. Made at least few thousands kms on it.

Otherwise if looks no matter than I lean towards brooks type grandpa or old style saddles with two big springs, for EV transport. I keep my ass on road bumps therefore need most possible cushioning.

If you find YOUR saddle you can't part with it.

Nice up date and mods TV. Came across this video. This guy is a new Bomber owner. The 1st minute and the last 7 minutes or so is really neat as this guys is so excited to get his Bomber and ride it. I think we can all relate.

[youtube]uVm7DcYJSEU[/youtube]

Here's a first look at my new shorter shock. Looks like swapping the spring won't be possible. At least we can assume this spring won't be too weak. 1000 lbs

20190125-130318.jpg

This is how I work on my bike when I need to get the rear wheel off the ground. The bike is tied down on a table lift, and I use 2x4s under the gearbox to lift the rear end.

20190125-131241.jpg

I'm going to lube my gearbox. I don't usually go to this much trouble, but since the shock is removed I can lift the rear wheel high enough to make the upper ports more accessible. Usually they're a pia to get to because the swing arm is close.

Gearbox-lube-ports.jpg

VBoxx lubing done, so I mounted the shock. The eyes were a perfect fit, exactly like stock. It looks like it changed the ride height about 1" lower, or maybe only 7/8" but I'll take it. I'm wondering if the Chinesers calculate their ft lbs the same rest of us, because this 1000 lb spring doesn't feel much different than the stock 750 lb spring. That's good news though because this spring feels right in the ballpark. Now it makes more sense they were advertising this shock for a 70cc pit bike which would probably weigh even more than Bomber.

New-shock-first-look.jpg

Even though I've only sat on it on the lift, I'm ready to declare my lowering project a success. The spring wt seems good. I added preload to adjust the sag. The sag now feels about equal to where I had the stock shock adjusted. Where the adjuster ended up in it's range seems just about perfect, with plenty more adjustment if I need it. The rebound adjustment seems very precise, with a lot of positions. All the way fast feels like no damping at all, just spring, and all the way slow feels like molasses, or at least you can say it's real noticeable.

This is showing less than 34". With weight on the seat it will be about 32" sitting at a light. I could already touch both feet to the ground before, but it felt crowded. Now I'll almost have stand over height.

seat-height.jpg

Bontrager-seat-first-look.jpg

I'm still evaluating these bars. There's a little bit of a culture clash between their high cruiser looks, and my new sporty low profile seat. They're not bad, but I have one more set coming next week I'm going to look at.

s-l1600.jpg

Depressing to see your lift. Sold custom Kendon with the Vespa 250. Never thining how advantageous it would be with a heavy ass eBike.

Theodore Voltaire said:
VBoxx lubing done, so I mounted the shock. The eyes were a perfect fit, exactly like stock. It looks like it changed the ride height about 1" lower, or maybe only 7/8" but I'll take it. I'm wondering if the Chinesers calculate their ft lbs the same rest of us, because this 1000 lb spring doesn't feel much different than the stock 750 lb spring. That's good news though because this spring feels right in the ballpark. Now it makes more sense they were advertising this shock for a 70cc pit bike which would probably weigh even more than Bomber.

New-shock-first-look.jpg

Its not all about spring rate, shock compression valving can affect how much spring weight is needed. I had one shock with a 550# spring that felt stiffer than the shock that came on my Fighter wich was a 750 pound spring. Bike looks tits man. Glad to see you back on the thread.

Productive day so far. I decided to bleed the rear brake first because it went squishy after I changed the bars. Then I washed the whole bike for the first time in about a year. After that I rode it around the neighborhood for a little while.

My first impression is pretty positive. The new shock feels soft, so I adjusted the preload a little harder, and maybe go a little more, but I never could get the stock one comfy feeling like this. It's rides a little softer than before. There's still plenty of room to the ground before any danger of striking the pedals. I can't tell exactly how much sag there is when I'm riding, but it's feels like 1 to 1 1/2". I'll probably try dropping the fork legs another 1/2" in the trees.

My new seat feels great, I'm impressed for $30. I can feel some padding, and the shape, and size seemed like a pretty good match for my butt bone. I remember the stock seat hurt my but before even leaving the driveway, so this one must be a lot better.

Then there's these new handle bars. Nothing changes the riding experience like a different set of handle bars. These bars are a trip. They almost remind me buckhorns. They're rise 4", but they're not that wide, and sweep back at a much more aggressive angle than I usually like, but they have personality. They're easy to ride with, but working the throttle, and shifter feel more like twisting a nipple then rolling your hand back. The shifter is no big deal, but will take getting used to on the throttle. Will have to remember to hang on tight. I might get used to the silver color, I've always admired the look of polished aluminum.

The VBoxx is shifting like butter after lubing it. My bike has over 10,000 miles now. This has been the most dependable bike I've ever owned.

Lowered-Electronaut-2.jpg

20190127-153738.jpg

Looking good TV.

Question for everyone...what lube do you use on your rear shock bushings?

Mine have been getting squeaky recently and I just threw some PTFE spray on there, but have no idea if that's a good idea or not. In the past I've used WD40 and regular lubrication oil...again, no idea what's best.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Looking good TV.

Question for everyone...what lube do you use on your rear shock bushings?

Mine have been getting squeaky recently and I just threw some PTFE spray on there, but have no idea if that's a good idea or not. In the past I've used WD40 and regular lubrication oil...again, no idea what's best.

Cheers

Any synthetic grease would be fine. I just used some of this stuff, and it's great in the gearbox too.

super-lube.jpg

Back