E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Thanks Rick the feedback .I'll get it done .
Also looking and waiting for power velocity new controller.

This stuff works fine for me. I have already avoided the walk of shame a couple of times.
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B006GQ41DY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I always have some of that stuff inside my tubes :wink:

bigbore said:
This stuff works fine for me. I have already avoided the walk of shame a couple of times.
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B006GQ41DY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks BB, I use slime in my tubes, but it was 2 years old. Maybe if I had pulled the staple out of my tire it might have sealed back up. My bike is sitting on the lift right now with a puddle of slime oozing out of the tube.

Theodore Voltaire said:
bigbore said:

Thanks BB, I use slime in my tubes, but it was 2 years old. Maybe if I had pulled the staple out of my tire it might have sealed back up. My bike is sitting on the lift right now with a puddle of slime oozing out of the tube.

Is still liquid after 2 years? I added some water inside a tube some months ago because I didn't hear the slime lapping around. It's water based so is possible to do that.

QQ Guys... I just got the frame back from the powder coater, everything looks great, HOWEVER, they took my markings off the end caps that that bolt to the swing arm. Are the caps that bolt to the swing arm specific to the left or right side...? and for that matter, is there an "inside or outside" to the cap...? if so, how can I tell..? Any help would be much appreciated...!! :bigthumb:

Here's a few pics of the results so far...

SB1.png

SB2.png

SB3.png

You Bomber is going to look great SR. It's been a while since I replaced my swing arm bearings, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference about the end caps.

StudRock said:
QQ Guys... I just got the frame back from the powder coater, everything looks great, HOWEVER, they took my markings off the end caps that that bolt to the swing arm. Are the caps that bolt to the swing arm specific to the left or right side...? and for that matter, is there an "inside or outside" to the cap...? if so, how can I tell..? Any help would be much appreciated...!! :bigthumb:

Here's a few pics of the results so far...

SB1.png

SB2.png

SB3.png

Your KTM's little brother. Very nice.

Thanks TV, Rix..

Yes, that is what I was going for, KTM Jr. lol. As soon as I'm done I'll take a picture of the KTM and Bomber together. I even re-wrapped the Bomber with the same Carbon Fiber as I put on the KTM so they match.

Okay, from TV response, it's SAFE to assume that the caps that mount the swing-arm to the Vboxx are NOT side specific (Left/Right side) or (inside/outside) for that matter... correct...? I'm asking again because I dont want to put them on and blow out those Vboxx bearings. I'm going to try and put the swing-arm on tomorrow and the front forks.

Thanks guys...!! :D

I remember the bearings are the same on both sides, so the end caps should be identical on both sides too. I don't think there's a inboard, or outboard side to the caps. Here's a close up of mine, maybe you can tell from this.

end-cap.jpg

Check out this eBike. It has a VBoxx.

http://mammothebike.com/

You can see it better in this YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=_cwDf4h1xHA

[youtube]_cwDf4h1xHA[/youtube]

Theodore Voltaire said:
I remember the bearings are the same on both sides, so the end caps should be identical on both sides too. I don't think there's a inboard, or outboard side to the caps. Here's a close up of mine, maybe you can tell from this.

TV...thanks for the picture. Yes, I would agree with you, I would think that both sides would be the same, especially if the bearings are the same. I just wanted to make sure... Thanks again..

last Saturday with a friend of mine who has a mid drive e-bike I took the longest trip ever with the Bomber.
20190511_172604-2.jpg
I did 35km off-road but the slopes of the hills near Pisa are 30km away from home so I covered 60km of transfers and I arrived 5km from home with the battery exhausted.
20190511_172707-2.jpg
I'm still tired after 2 days but these are some epic pictures we took....
This one we was at 824m elevation:
20190511_115022-2.jpg

20190511_132717-2.jpg

IMG-20190511-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190511-WA0003.jpg

Hey Guys... as you know, I’m putting the bike back together and I’m contemplating putting a Full Twist Throttle system on. Doing a search in the forum, I see that a few of you have installed them a while back. I want to get your opinion, are you still happy with the choice..? Or should I stick with the half throttle.

My next question is... From what I’ve read, one of the better ones seems to be the Domino unit, however, I believe it incorporates the ReGEN upon release. I’m looking to get your feedback... can the Domino unit be installed directly into the CA-3 WITHOUT any re-wire, and, WITHOUT ReGEN connected at all..?

I hope to have the Bike back together by the weekend and I’ll post up some pictures. So far everything is looking good...

Thanks guys..

0B1B5176-5F7D-41BA-8244-A70F0BA4066C.jpeg.
Well I got my 1000 cycles and clocked up 30,000 kms from the original pack so more than happy, with no signs of loss. Time to take the bike back to Stealth for upgrades including some extended range and 6.3 Kw of goodness.

Looks good White...!! - you're sure getting your moneys worth out of that battery. I assume that you use it as a daily driver of some sort..?

Thanks for the feedback TV.. I'm not sure if I'd like the full twist or not. I have a motorcycle background and it just feels natural to me having a full throttle. However, I can see where the concern would be. With a motorcycle, you can hear the engine and naturally are warned to be cautious of where you put your hands. With an ebike not so much until its too late.

Okay...Here's the update on the progress of the bike restoration. I have the bike about 98% back together and everything is looking good so far. No left over parts, no missing parts that I know of :shock: It starts and stops, the CA came online just fine and the wheel turns..lol... I just have some minor adjustments on the Fox Fork that I need to make and some clean up. I do have a few questions though.

- Because I dont have the heavy duty Torque Blocks (just the factory ones), I do not intend to use the ReGEN braking and I dont want anyone else that might ride the bike to use it either. That said, can I just disconnect the wire and cap it, or will it throw some type of error on the CA...? or cause any other issues...?

- Since I purchased the bike second hand from someone on the forum, I do not have any manuals that came with the bike for the CA. Are they available online that I can download that are specific to Stealth...? I'm trying to make sure that I have everything dialed in correctly for maximum performance and usage. My CA is a v3 I believe (2016 model stealth)

- Lastly... I took Rix's advice and I viewed Dlogics video on how to adjust the shifter cable for the vBoxx. In the video he mentioned to tighten the 2 cables up at the shifter and just back it off with minimal play. (which I did, maybe a 1/4 of turn).. however, he further went on to say that.. if you have the bike in 1st gear and roll it backwards, it shouldn't make that "clacky" sound as it does with all of the other gears. Mine still makes that sounds in 1st gear... Thoughts...? is that normal

Thanks guys..!

The orange looks cool StudRock, like to see it finished. I don’t use the bike for commuting simply joy riding.

Not sure if anyone needs some spare parts as I will have two rear wheels, two chargers and two used packs that I would sell cheap.

StudRock said:
Looks good White...!! - you're sure getting your moneys worth out of that battery. I assume that you use it as a daily driver of some sort..?

Thanks for the feedback TV.. I'm not sure if I'd like the full twist or not. I have a motorcycle background and it just feels natural to me having a full throttle. However, I can see where the concern would be. With a motorcycle, you can hear the engine and naturally are warned to be cautious of where you put your hands. With an ebike not so much until its too late.

Okay...Here's the update on the progress of the bike restoration. I have the bike about 98% back together and everything is looking good so far. No left over parts, no missing parts that I know of :shock: It starts and stops, the CA came online just fine and the wheel turns..lol... I just have some minor adjustments on the Fox Fork that I need to make and some clean up. I do have a few questions though.

- Because I dont have the heavy duty Torque Blocks (just the factory ones), I do not intend to use the ReGEN braking and I dont want anyone else that might ride the bike to use it either. That said, can I just disconnect the wire and cap it, or will it throw some type of error on the CA...? or cause any other issues...?

- Since I purchased the bike second hand from someone on the forum, I do not have any manuals that came with the bike for the CA. Are they available online that I can download that are specific to Stealth...? I'm trying to make sure that I have everything dialed in correctly for maximum performance and usage. My CA is a v3 I believe (2016 model stealth)

- Lastly... I took Rix's advice and I viewed Dlogics video on how to adjust the shifter cable for the vBoxx. In the video he mentioned to tighten the 2 cables up at the shifter and just back it off with minimal play. (which I did, maybe a 1/4 of turn).. however, he further went on to say that.. if you have the bike in 1st gear and roll it backwards, it shouldn't make that "clacky" sound as it does with all of the other gears. Mine still makes that sounds in 1st gear... Thoughts...? is that normal

Thanks guys..!
CA is this:
ca3-dp-cycle-analyst-direct-plug-in-6ff.jpg

What you have is DC1

StudRock said:
Hey Guys... as you know, I’m putting the bike back together and I’m contemplating putting a Full Twist Throttle system on. Doing a search in the forum, I see that a few of you have installed them a while back. I want to get your opinion, are you still happy with the choice..? Or should I stick with the half throttle.

My next question is... From what I’ve read, one of the better ones seems to be the Domino unit, however, I believe it incorporates the ReGEN upon release. I’m looking to get your feedback... can the Domino unit be installed directly into the CA-3 WITHOUT any re-wire, and, WITHOUT ReGEN connected at all..?

I hope to have the Bike back together by the weekend and I’ll post up some pictures. So far everything is looking good...

Thanks guys..
Domino is the best. I cant stand half throttles as one part wants to twist and the second part wants to grip you hand instead, its contradicting for me.
You dont have to connect dominos microswitch so just leave those wires bare.

White, yes... I hope to have the bike completed and ready to go over the weekend. I’ll post some pictures up shortly after.

Allen... thank you for the information on the CA. To be honest, I’m a little confused on the version or what to do a search on. I understand that. CA3 is the version of the software, however, you also mentioned that I have a DC1. That said, should I be doing a search for a CA3 or DC1 to download the manual and proper settings

Do you know if I can simply disconnect the factory ReGEN connector without throwing errors or causing any other issues..?

Allen..Are the grips on the domino throttle replaceable like a normal motorcycle throttle..? Or, are they molded to the throttle itself..?

Thanks guys for your input.. I really do appreciate it

Back