E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » May 14 2019 4:59pm

Personally I prefer a half throttle by far. I think for a bike like a Bomber it's a lot safer.

White Knight   100 mW

100 mW

Post by White Knight » May 14 2019 11:01pm

0B1B5176-5F7D-41BA-8244-A70F0BA4066C.jpeg
Well I got my 1000 cycles and clocked up 30,000 kms from the original pack so more than happy, with no signs of loss. Time to take the bike back to Stealth for upgrades including some extended range and 6.3 Kw of goodness.
B-52 BOMBER #592

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 15 2019 8:03pm

Looks good White...!! - you're sure getting your moneys worth out of that battery. I assume that you use it as a daily driver of some sort..?

Thanks for the feedback TV.. I'm not sure if I'd like the full twist or not. I have a motorcycle background and it just feels natural to me having a full throttle. However, I can see where the concern would be. With a motorcycle, you can hear the engine and naturally are warned to be cautious of where you put your hands. With an ebike not so much until its too late.

Okay...Here's the update on the progress of the bike restoration. I have the bike about 98% back together and everything is looking good so far. No left over parts, no missing parts that I know of :shock: It starts and stops, the CA came online just fine and the wheel turns..lol... I just have some minor adjustments on the Fox Fork that I need to make and some clean up. I do have a few questions though.

- Because I dont have the heavy duty Torque Blocks (just the factory ones), I do not intend to use the ReGEN braking and I dont want anyone else that might ride the bike to use it either. That said, can I just disconnect the wire and cap it, or will it throw some type of error on the CA...? or cause any other issues...?

- Since I purchased the bike second hand from someone on the forum, I do not have any manuals that came with the bike for the CA. Are they available online that I can download that are specific to Stealth...? I'm trying to make sure that I have everything dialed in correctly for maximum performance and usage. My CA is a v3 I believe (2016 model stealth)

- Lastly... I took Rix's advice and I viewed Dlogics video on how to adjust the shifter cable for the vBoxx. In the video he mentioned to tighten the 2 cables up at the shifter and just back it off with minimal play. (which I did, maybe a 1/4 of turn).. however, he further went on to say that.. if you have the bike in 1st gear and roll it backwards, it shouldn't make that "clacky" sound as it does with all of the other gears. Mine still makes that sounds in 1st gear... Thoughts...? is that normal

Thanks guys..!

White Knight   100 mW

100 mW

Post by White Knight » May 16 2019 3:46am

The orange looks cool StudRock, like to see it finished. I don’t use the bike for commuting simply joy riding.

Not sure if anyone needs some spare parts as I will have two rear wheels, two chargers and two used packs that I would sell cheap.
B-52 BOMBER #592

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » May 16 2019 4:36am

StudRock wrote:
May 15 2019 8:03pm
Looks good White...!! - you're sure getting your moneys worth out of that battery. I assume that you use it as a daily driver of some sort..?

Thanks for the feedback TV.. I'm not sure if I'd like the full twist or not. I have a motorcycle background and it just feels natural to me having a full throttle. However, I can see where the concern would be. With a motorcycle, you can hear the engine and naturally are warned to be cautious of where you put your hands. With an ebike not so much until its too late.

Okay...Here's the update on the progress of the bike restoration. I have the bike about 98% back together and everything is looking good so far. No left over parts, no missing parts that I know of :shock: It starts and stops, the CA came online just fine and the wheel turns..lol... I just have some minor adjustments on the Fox Fork that I need to make and some clean up. I do have a few questions though.

- Because I dont have the heavy duty Torque Blocks (just the factory ones), I do not intend to use the ReGEN braking and I dont want anyone else that might ride the bike to use it either. That said, can I just disconnect the wire and cap it, or will it throw some type of error on the CA...? or cause any other issues...?

- Since I purchased the bike second hand from someone on the forum, I do not have any manuals that came with the bike for the CA. Are they available online that I can download that are specific to Stealth...? I'm trying to make sure that I have everything dialed in correctly for maximum performance and usage. My CA is a v3 I believe (2016 model stealth)

- Lastly... I took Rix's advice and I viewed Dlogics video on how to adjust the shifter cable for the vBoxx. In the video he mentioned to tighten the 2 cables up at the shifter and just back it off with minimal play. (which I did, maybe a 1/4 of turn).. however, he further went on to say that.. if you have the bike in 1st gear and roll it backwards, it shouldn't make that "clacky" sound as it does with all of the other gears. Mine still makes that sounds in 1st gear... Thoughts...? is that normal

Thanks guys..!
CA is this:

What you have is DC1

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » May 16 2019 4:39am

StudRock wrote:
May 14 2019 6:36am
Hey Guys... as you know, I’m putting the bike back together and I’m contemplating putting a Full Twist Throttle system on. Doing a search in the forum, I see that a few of you have installed them a while back. I want to get your opinion, are you still happy with the choice..? Or should I stick with the half throttle.

My next question is... From what I’ve read, one of the better ones seems to be the Domino unit, however, I believe it incorporates the ReGEN upon release. I’m looking to get your feedback... can the Domino unit be installed directly into the CA-3 WITHOUT any re-wire, and, WITHOUT ReGEN connected at all..?

I hope to have the Bike back together by the weekend and I’ll post up some pictures. So far everything is looking good...

Thanks guys..
Domino is the best. I cant stand half throttles as one part wants to twist and the second part wants to grip you hand instead, its contradicting for me.
You dont have to connect dominos microswitch so just leave those wires bare.

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 16 2019 5:58am

White, yes... I hope to have the bike completed and ready to go over the weekend. I’ll post some pictures up shortly after.

Allen... thank you for the information on the CA. To be honest, I’m a little confused on the version or what to do a search on. I understand that. CA3 is the version of the software, however, you also mentioned that I have a DC1. That said, should I be doing a search for a CA3 or DC1 to download the manual and proper settings

Do you know if I can simply disconnect the factory ReGEN connector without throwing errors or causing any other issues..?

Allen..Are the grips on the domino throttle replaceable like a normal motorcycle throttle..? Or, are they molded to the throttle itself..?

Thanks guys for your input.. I really do appreciate it

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » May 16 2019 7:16am

CA3 is almost identical to CA2 the main diff is the software. It is made in Canada and is used in most DIY builds in this forum and so you are totally unlimited in what you can do with all its functions. Stealth used this computer from the very first models as this was the only(and still is) generic display on the market for "people".

DC1 is something Stealth made specifically for their bikes later on. It has nothing to do with CA and is limited to what a user can configure in the menus. I don't know how it will react on the things you mention.

You can change the grips but I guess you wont need to do it for a long time. I had mine 3 years now and they look like new, extremely durable and at the same time very comfy and soft. I never had anything like them. My regular MTB grips start to show wear signs in just a month.

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 19 2019 6:43am

Hi Allex - Thanks for getting back to me. I still have more investigation to do on the CA. I looked yesterday at the firmware level and I'm 128. Still trying to figure things out.

On a side note, I figure that I give everyone a little update on the status of the restoration project. I'm happy to report that the bike is completely back together and I'm just working on some minor clean up stuff. First, I want to thank everyone that helped me out and provide answers to my countless list of questions. 1abv, Rix, Tv, Allex, WK, etc....Thank you, you guys have been awesome..! Without your input to this forum, I probably wouldn't have a Stealth.

Here is a little Before and After Shots..! - The White Knight has transition into the Traffic Cone or TC, as I like to call it...lol.

Before:

I had Air Support drop him in for the initial reveal...lol

Summary: The color is KTM Orange, I re-wrapped all of the panels in new carbon fiber wrap. I replaced brake pads, tires and tubes. I'll be upgrading to MC wheels towards the end of the season. I had the front fork and rear spring also powder coated and I repainted all of the bolts and wheels.

If you recall, I scratched my original Stealth Screen pretty good... so I had to fabricate a new one and wrapped it in Carbon Fiber as well.

I took progress pictures along the way as well... but I dont want to bore you with those..

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » May 19 2019 8:47am

Your bike came out awesome Rick. Those forks round off the orange package nicely. Did you revalve your suspension or do anything we can't see? Also, what brand of grips are those on the bars?

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 19 2019 2:34pm

Thanks Rick..!! I was debating either going with the Orange on the forks, or doing a matte black with orange decals.. Honestly, I'm very happy with the suspension so I didn't touch a thing.

Those are ODI Rogue 90mm grips. I think there're great, however, I just ordered a Domino Throttle system and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm not sure if I can replace the grip on the throttle with full size ODI grips.

Oh... I almost forgot... I promised you that I was going to take a picture of the KTM and the Bike after it was completed... Here you go..

The Big Brother..!!

Step Sister:

And of course, matching Key Rings...

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » May 19 2019 5:27pm

Looks great SR.

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 19 2019 7:22pm

Thanks Tv... I thought for sure you were going to comment about the streamers missing...lol. :roll:

White Knight   100 mW

100 mW

Post by White Knight » May 19 2019 8:44pm

I’m digging that orange paint SR, really suits the bomber. Now time to get it dirty.
B-52 BOMBER #592

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » May 20 2019 8:41am

StudRock wrote:
May 19 2019 6:43am

I need a new seat and I want to try something like you have. Can you tell me where I can find it?

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 20 2019 3:10pm

Hey Bigbore - I've had that seat for a while now.. Let me take a look when I get home and see if I can find out where I got it from.

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 20 2019 8:41pm

BigBore... I did a little checking up on that seat. Its a WTB Full Gel Seat. It doesnt have the model number on it anywhere that I can see, but here's a picture.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » May 21 2019 9:28am

White Knight wrote:
May 19 2019 8:44pm
I’m digging that orange paint SR, really suits the bomber. Now time to get it dirty.
Noooooooooo

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 23 2019 1:56pm

QQ for you guys that wired up the Domino full twist throttle...

Forgive me ahead of time if this is a stupid question, I honestly thought this was going to be straight forward. My intention (and assumed) that I could use the existing factory connector that was used by the half throttle. I removed the half twist throttle and cut and hard spliced the throttle to the throttle side of the connector following this wiring diagram. After I stripped the wires on the CA3 connector, there was only three wires (Red/Black/Blue). Is this not the case...?

Domino - Blue wire ...... to......Red wire
Domino - Black wire ..... to .....Black wire
Domino - White wire .....to .....Blue wire
Domino - Green wire ........ capped
Domino - Green wire ........ capped

Thank you..

StudRock   1 W

1 W

Post by StudRock » May 23 2019 7:34pm

Hey guys..I really need your help.

I've been searching for forum and the web for most of the day to find a solution. I've found nothing so far... :( Now I'm getting an error message "Checking Throttle, Throttle unplugged"... I thought maybe one of the wires I soldered broke, but that wasn't the issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions..?

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » May 30 2019 11:26pm

StudRock wrote:
May 23 2019 1:56pm
QQ for you guys that wired up the Domino full twist throttle...

Forgive me ahead of time if this is a stupid question, I honestly thought this was going to be straight forward. My intention (and assumed) that I could use the existing factory connector that was used by the half throttle. I removed the half twist throttle and cut and hard spliced the throttle to the throttle side of the connector following this wiring diagram. After I stripped the wires on the CA3 connector, there was only three wires (Red/Black/Blue). Is this not the case...?

Thank you..
Maybe a clue could be you don't have a cav3, you have a DC1. If that's the case, I would just go back the stock throttle. I think Stealth needs to go back to the ca in the first place. They should ask for a custom display big enough for a blind man to see lol, and by the way that looks like a really nice paint job. Anyone that goes to this much trouble to make their bike look good, is my kind of people.

Only20gp   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Only20gp » May 31 2019 3:56pm

Hi guys

Got a quick question, id love to purchase a stealth bomber, but unfortunately my funds are not enough.

I like it for wheelies and the speed of 80km/h but mainly the wheelies.

So im checking out an ad on ebay for an ebike with the following specs

12000 watt motor
72v 48ah panasonic battery
150 amp sabvoton controller

Now my question is, for wheelies, an ebike should have sufficient torque, id say this particular motor is probably more for speed. You guys reckon it should be able to pop wheelies like the stealth bomber?

I asked the guy what was the torque and he replied 230 Nm. Not sure what the stealth bomber torque is.

Sorry, im a complete noob. Hope someone can help.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » May 31 2019 4:13pm

Only20gp wrote:
May 31 2019 3:56pm
Hi guys

Got a quick question, id love to purchase a stealth bomber, but unfortunately my funds are not enough.

I like it for wheelies and the speed of 80km/h but mainly the wheelies.

So im checking out an ad on ebay for an ebike with the following specs

12000 watt motor
72v 48ah panasonic battery
150 amp sabvoton controller

Now my question is, for wheelies, an ebike should have sufficient torque, id say this particular motor is probably more for speed. You guys reckon it should be able to pop wheelies like the stealth bomber?

I asked the guy what was the torque and he replied 230 Nm. Not sure what the stealth bomber torque is.

Sorry, im a complete noob. Hope someone can help.
Yah, if you want power wheelies at say.....20mph for example, you need something that puts out at least 20kw. :bigthumb: :flame:

Only20gp   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Only20gp » Jun 01 2019 12:40am

I want wheelies like the stealth bomber, 20kw u said?? 😮

But the bomber only has 5.2kw or 5.3kw?
Kw refers to power right? Not torque? And for wheelies, torque is king?

Now I’m confused 😬.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jun 01 2019 10:14am

Only20gp wrote:
Jun 01 2019 12:40am
I want wheelies like the stealth bomber, 20kw u said?? 😮

But the bomber only has 5.2kw or 5.3kw?
Kw refers to power right? Not torque? And for wheelies, torque is king?

Now I’m confused 😬.
You are correct, torque is king. The later Bombers put around 6.3kw. As far as wheelies go, I can get the front wheel up on my P7R which only puts out 1.5kw or about 1/4 the power of the Bomber. Wheeling is technique more so than how much power the motor has. I don't know what your riding ability is, but the way I interpreted your comments, You want to twist the throttle and have the front wheel come up without any other rider input. Thats not going to happen even with what the latest Bomber without some additional rider input such as shifting your body weight, pulling up on the bars and stuff like that. Thats why I made the comment about having 20kw system. I will secede that my 20kw is overboard for any bike that weighs less than 140 pounds, but my point is you will need to combine technique with the twist of the throttle for wheelies at the power levels the Bomber has.