E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
User avatar
cruzxia   100 W

100 W
Posts: 103
Joined: May 18 2012 5:27am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by cruzxia » Jun 11 2019 7:08am

Rix
Still have my B52. With upgraded motor and battery. It is a rocketship.
I still ride every week. I have tryed a few other e bikes, but nothing compares to the stealth bikes.
Cruzxia

User avatar
StudRock   1 W

1 W
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 11 2018 3:15pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by StudRock » Jun 11 2019 7:38am

Rix wrote:
Allex wrote:
Jun 09 2019 10:09am
And you dont want 5403 unless you use it for high speed cruising. Doing some light offroad then 5404 is better - less heat, more efficient, you should also have better acc from dead stop on that one.
So true :bolt:

@Rix - Just for my understanding, are you saying that some bombers were sold with a 5404 from the factory, or as an option...?. Or... were they installed after that fact...? I ask because I understood you to say that you were reselling them. If that’s the case, then I can send an email out to whom I bought it from and ask.

@Allex - to your point, unfortunately, much like Tv.... I too live in a concrete jungle and would be doing very limited off-roading and definitely nothing agressive. I think I would get more use out of the 5403 and the higher speeds....

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 11 2019 9:51am

StudRock wrote:
Jun 11 2019 7:38am
Rix wrote:
Allex wrote:
Jun 09 2019 10:09am
And you dont want 5403 unless you use it for high speed cruising. Doing some light offroad then 5404 is better - less heat, more efficient, you should also have better acc from dead stop on that one.
So true :bolt:

@Rix - Just for my understanding, are you saying that some bombers were sold with a 5404 from the factory, or as an option...?. Or... were they installed after that fact...? I ask because I understood you to say that you were reselling them. If that’s the case, then I can send an email out to whom I bought it from and ask.

@Allex - to your point, unfortunately, much like Tv.... I too live in a concrete jungle and would be doing very limited off-roading and definitely nothing agressive. I think I would get more use out of the 5403 and the higher speeds....
No, any Bomber made after the later half of 2011 to 2017 had the 5403. That said, I imported 25 5404s around late 2012 and sold the last one in 2017, actually I did't sell it, it went to a certain Stealth Factory rider's hurricane when he destroyed his wheel down in Las Vegas. In other words, the motors I sold were installed after the fact.

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 11 2019 9:52am

cruzxia wrote:
Jun 11 2019 7:08am
Rix
Still have my B52. With upgraded motor and battery. It is a rocketship.
I still ride every week. I have tryed a few other e bikes, but nothing compares to the stealth bikes.
Cruzxia
Glad to hear it and glad you still pop in from time to time. Stealth bikes are the best, hands down.

User avatar
DunkenKBliths   100 W

100 W
Posts: 173
Joined: Nov 22 2012 7:34pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by DunkenKBliths » Jun 11 2019 9:03pm

Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...
1500x500.jpg
DUNKEN K BLITHS / eVangelist !
https://twitter.com/dunkenkbliths

User avatar
StudRock   1 W

1 W
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 11 2018 3:15pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by StudRock » Jun 11 2019 9:59pm

Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 12 2019 9:36am

StudRock wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:59pm
Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?
Stealth tech said to get the domino throttle to work properly, it needs a .08-5 volt resistor added inline, did you do that?

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 12 2019 9:37am

DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:03pm
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg
Nicely done Dunk, how do you like the Tesla?

User avatar
StudRock   1 W

1 W
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 11 2018 3:15pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by StudRock » Jun 12 2019 10:53am

Rix wrote:
StudRock wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:59pm


Stealth tech said to get the domino throttle to work properly, it needs a .08-5 volt resistor added inline, did you do that?

Rix - as you may recall, at that time, I did not have that information from the Stealth tech. To resolve the “Throttle unplugged” error on the DC1, I had to put 2 - 220 ohm 1/2 watt resistors in parallel. That resolved the Throttle unplugged error. It was able to bring the VDC down from 4.51 to 4.35 VDC on the Domino. I’m not sure if I have .08 resistors in my box or not...

User avatar
DunkenKBliths   100 W

100 W
Posts: 173
Joined: Nov 22 2012 7:34pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by DunkenKBliths » Jun 13 2019 12:01am

Rix wrote:
Jun 12 2019 9:37am
DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:03pm
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg
Nicely done Dunk, how do you like the Tesla?
I haven't got it yet...its on order...and will be one of the first in the batch arriving in Australia...(August)
DUNKEN K BLITHS / eVangelist !
https://twitter.com/dunkenkbliths

User avatar
bigbore   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 512
Joined: Sep 25 2009 7:43am
Location: Italy

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by bigbore » Jun 13 2019 12:05pm

DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:03pm
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg
Impressive :shock:
Bets e-bike and best electric car in your garage :D
Tell us some more .... are you getting a performance model with 4WD?

User avatar
DunkenKBliths   100 W

100 W
Posts: 173
Joined: Nov 22 2012 7:34pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Contact:

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by DunkenKBliths » Jun 13 2019 7:57pm

bigbore wrote:
Jun 13 2019 12:05pm
DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:03pm
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg
Impressive :shock:
Bets e-bike and best electric car in your garage :D
Tell us some more .... are you getting a performance model with 4WD?

yes Performance model with Performance Kit (20inch wheels, lowered, bigger brakes, track ready, performance kit etc)

All in Pearl White..... (it don't get any faster) - 0-100kms (0-60miles) in 3.2 seconds...

haha.. number plate : "REVOLT"

I'll post a picture when it arrives in August!
DUNKEN K BLITHS / eVangelist !
https://twitter.com/dunkenkbliths

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 13 2019 8:23pm

DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 13 2019 7:57pm
bigbore wrote:
Jun 13 2019 12:05pm
DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:03pm
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg
Impressive :shock:
Bets e-bike and best electric car in your garage :D
Tell us some more .... are you getting a performance model with 4WD?

yes Performance model with Performance Kit (20inch wheels, lowered, bigger brakes, track ready, performance kit etc)

All in Pearl White..... (it don't get any faster) - 0-100kms (0-60miles) in 3.2 seconds...

haha.. number plate : "REVOLT"

I'll post a picture when it arrives in August!
Sweet Dunk!!! Looking forward to it.

Brute   100 W

100 W
Posts: 146
Joined: Feb 04 2012 2:51am
Location: Melbourne outer east

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Brute » Jun 27 2019 5:31am

StudRock wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:59pm
Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?
Stealth originally offered 3 different motors for the Bomber , called high torque , mid torque and speed motor . The high torque motor wasn`t offered for long . And it became the torque motor and speed motor . The torque motor did about 63 kmh and the speed motor did about 80 kmh . Eventually they only offered the speed motor . I don`t know the model numbers but I have ridden them all . My mate bought the torque motor .

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 28 2019 10:48am

Brute wrote:
Jun 27 2019 5:31am
StudRock wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:59pm
Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?
Stealth originally offered 3 different motors for the Bomber , called high torque , mid torque and speed motor . The high torque motor wasn`t offered for long . And it became the torque motor and speed motor . The torque motor did about 63 kmh and the speed motor did about 80 kmh . Eventually they only offered the speed motor . I don`t know the model numbers but I have ridden them all . My mate bought the torque motor .
That was pre 2011 options, and the motors offered were the 5303, 5304, and 5305, 2008 and part of 2009 years, then 5403 and 5404 and 5403 in 2009 to 2010. Then 5403 only after 2010, and after 2017, H55XX motor for the Bomber.

st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by st35326 » Jun 28 2019 1:33pm

DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 13 2019 7:57pm
bigbore wrote:
Jun 13 2019 12:05pm
DunkenKBliths wrote:
Jun 11 2019 9:03pm
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg
Impressive :shock:
Bets e-bike and best electric car in your garage :D
Tell us some more .... are you getting a performance model with 4WD?

yes Performance model with Performance Kit (20inch wheels, lowered, bigger brakes, track ready, performance kit etc)

All in Pearl White..... (it don't get any faster) - 0-100kms (0-60miles) in 3.2 seconds...

haha.. number plate : "REVOLT"

I'll post a picture when it arrives in August!

My P100D w/ Ludicrous + disagrees with this statement. 0-60 2.3 seconds :confused:
Attachments
10.88.jpg
2016 Model S P100D 1/4 Mile

st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by st35326 » Jun 28 2019 1:47pm

Is anybody on here is still building 18560 battery packs for purchase? I reached out to Alex as he was the original builder of my 21s-7p 30Q pack (which is still running incredibly well by the way), that's in one of my Bombers currently, but he is now trying to make a buck off the Sur-Ron thing and went radio silent.

Now my other Bomber's LiFePO4battery has given up a cell group. I reached out to Battery Space (who is the recommended by ES for getting an 18650 battery built), and they declined stating that there BMS would be too large to fit the dimensions for the Bomber.
https://www.batteryspace.com/PCM-with-E ... -Pack.aspx

Post up or PM me if your building packs as I'd like to get another 21s and knock the dust off this bike and get it riding again. :lowbatt: :cry:

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6655
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Jun 28 2019 3:48pm

st35326 wrote:
Jun 28 2019 1:47pm
Is anybody on here is still building 18560 battery packs for purchase? I reached out to Alex as he was the original builder of my 21s-7p 30Q pack (which is still running incredibly well by the way), that's in one of my Bombers currently, but he is now trying to make a buck off the Sur-Ron thing and went radio silent.

Now my other Bomber's LiFePO4battery has given up a cell group. I reached out to Battery Space (who is the recommended by ES for getting an 18650 battery built), and they declined stating that there BMS would be too large to fit the dimensions for the Bomber.
https://www.batteryspace.com/PCM-with-E ... -Pack.aspx

Post up or PM me if your building packs as I'd like to get another 21s and knock the dust off this bike and get it riding again. :lowbatt: :cry:
Contact Cowardly Duck, he has built several packs for folks on ES. The only challenge I see is getting the battery sent from Australia to the US. It will have to probably go by sea freight.

User avatar
Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2633
Joined: Jun 26 2011 8:41pm
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jun 28 2019 6:37pm

Hey yeah, if your keen for a custom 18650 build let me know...here is the one I build for an FUTR Alpha earlier this year:

This gave the bike up to 200km range! :shock:

And I just completed a series on building a 2.3Kwh battery for a FUTR Beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NgGlP ... CIBLs76DM2

Previous to that I also built a 2.5Kwh battery for my Fighter:
DSC_4271 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4287 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4325 (Medium).JPG
I'm not too sure about shipping, but would be happy to investigate options for anyone that's keen. I looked into shipping a fully built Alpha for one guy in Germany a while back and it was over $2500AUD by air. :shock: Haven't looked at sea options yet though and it would obviously be less just for the battery.

I'm keen to build a huge pack for a Bomber, Hurricane and P7...then I would have made the worlds longest range packs for every Stealth option. :D

Flick me a PM or email to ebikegarage@outlook.com to discus options.

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by st35326 » Jun 28 2019 10:52pm

Rix wrote:
Jun 28 2019 3:48pm
st35326 wrote:
Jun 28 2019 1:47pm
Is anybody on here is still building 18560 battery packs for purchase? I reached out to Alex as he was the original builder of my 21s-7p 30Q pack (which is still running incredibly well by the way), that's in one of my Bombers currently, but he is now trying to make a buck off the Sur-Ron thing and went radio silent.

Now my other Bomber's LiFePO4battery has given up a cell group. I reached out to Battery Space (who is the recommended by ES for getting an 18650 battery built), and they declined stating that there BMS would be too large to fit the dimensions for the Bomber.
https://www.batteryspace.com/PCM-with-E ... -Pack.aspx

Post up or PM me if your building packs as I'd like to get another 21s and knock the dust off this bike and get it riding again. :lowbatt: :cry:
Contact Cowardly Duck, he has built several packs for folks on ES. The only challenge I see is getting the battery sent from Australia to the US. It will have to probably go by sea freight.

Thanks Rix

FL bomber   100 W

100 W
Posts: 149
Joined: Feb 12 2016 12:57pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by FL bomber » Jul 01 2019 9:50am

ST35326.. I bought a battery pack
From HI-C battery out of Colorado.
It's 72V 36AH 20s12p Samsung 30q.
Been running it on a 42-mile round trip commute. I only use 20 to 23AH. It's nice not to have to charge at work anymore. But if you don't need that many AH I would go with 20s 10p
30AH. Will be lighter and easier to slip into the frame. I'm happy with my pack
Comforting that it's stateside in case of any warranty issues.

User avatar
Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2633
Joined: Jun 26 2011 8:41pm
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 01 2019 7:49pm

Yeah, the only reason I can see it making sense to get me to build a pack to have shipped overseas is if you want maximum capacity.
I haven't seen anyone else apart from Alex and another guy in Spain building these custom like I do, so if anyone outside Australia wants maximum capacity and isn't worried about shipping costs, then it makes sense and I'm happy to do the work.

I'm currently looking at options to build a high capacity pack for a Bomber based in Melbourne. The maximum I think I can fit is around 60AH, 3.5Kwh using 20700 cells, but that's at 16S (60V nominal) so a drop in speed of about 20kph would need to be accepted.

With 18650's I can fit 49AH, 3.25Kwh at 18S (67V nominal) which is what I built for a Futr Alpha earlier in the year.

Or if I match the stock battery voltage of 20S (74V Nominal), using 18650s I think I might be able to fit a sub 2S pack either up in the neck area or above the pack just under the seat-post sub-frame giving the same 49AH as the 18S pack above, but at 20S. This would be tricky though and impossible to achieve without access to an example bike to mock up options from.

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by st35326 » Jul 02 2019 5:03am

FL bomber wrote:
Jul 01 2019 9:50am
ST35326.. I bought a battery pack
From HI-C battery out of Colorado.
It's 72V 36AH 20s12p Samsung 30q.
Been running it on a 42-mile round trip commute. I only use 20 to 23AH. It's nice not to have to charge at work anymore. But if you don't need that many AH I would go with 20s 10p
30AH. Will be lighter and easier to slip into the frame. I'm happy with my pack
Comforting that it's stateside in case of any warranty issues.
Very Interesting. How long have you been running the pack? Id imagine with that many 30Q in parallel you'd not see much sag at all. Whats your voltage hot off the charger, if you dont mind my asking?

st35326   100 W

100 W
Posts: 177
Joined: Jan 26 2016 9:46am
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by st35326 » Jul 02 2019 5:07am

FL bomber wrote:
Jul 01 2019 9:50am
ST35326.. I bought a battery pack
From HI-C battery out of Colorado.
It's 72V 36AH 20s12p Samsung 30q.
Been running it on a 42-mile round trip commute. I only use 20 to 23AH. It's nice not to have to charge at work anymore. But if you don't need that many AH I would go with 20s 10p
30AH. Will be lighter and easier to slip into the frame. I'm happy with my pack
Comforting that it's stateside in case of any warranty issues.
I'm not seeing any packs above 52v on their website, did you have them custom build one for you (or am I missing it)?

https://www.hicbattery.com/Ebike-Battery_c_11.html

FL bomber   100 W

100 W
Posts: 149
Joined: Feb 12 2016 12:57pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by FL bomber » Jul 02 2019 2:35pm

ST35326.. Patrick from Hi-C email him or call him he'll build whatever you need

Post Reply