E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Cozen89 said:
I finally got my f37. Man this thing is fun! Unfortunately after my first ride, I realized my charger isn’t working. So waiting on a new one from Stealth. Amazing customer service btw.

Just curious if anyone has a FB group for these bikes? If not anyone want to join the one I started? I don’t really care to own or moderate it but it would be cool to have a little community to share stuff with. Other than on here of course. 😁

I started a group over a year ago. You can be the third member,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317457038911524

Hey for all you of roaders what front tire are you using? The Duros seem to be impossible to get other than at stealth and the shipping is nuts anything else I find is 2.1"

I may switch to moto if I can't find anything ...

Thanks..

1abv said:
Hey for all you of roaders what front tire are you using? The Duros seem to be impossible to get other than at stealth and the shipping is nuts anything else I find is 2.1"

Thanks..

You can forget about Hook Worms, I finally cornered the market.

Theodore Voltaire said:
1abv said:

Thanks..

You can forget about Hook Worms, I finally cornered the market.

Maybe if I can glue knobs on them! seems like everyone switched to 27.5 or 29.

51239538789_dfaf59081b.jpg

51239538769_0d1748302d.jpg

New shoe for the rear... mmmmm Starcross soft...

Me like a genius managed to pop a tube on install.. Never have done that.. In all of the years of putting on dirtbike tires, Bicycle tires... Any damn tires.. oh well...

And another note... Found this beauty..
51238968648_9002ace7d4.jpg

Broke off at the hub. Installing a new one with the 90 degree bend at the hub is annoying. Had to loosen the hubsink to get it installed.

1abv said:
And another note... Found this beauty..
51238968648_9002ace7d4.jpg

Broke off at the hub. Installing a new one with the 90 degree bend at the hub is annoying. Had to loosen the hubsink to get it installed.

I give up, what is it?

That would be a spoke from my rear wheel. Thankfully I didn’t have to take the whole
Wheel apart.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Cozen89 said:
I finally got my f37. Man this thing is fun! Unfortunately after my first ride, I realized my charger isn’t working. So waiting on a new one from Stealth. Amazing customer service btw.

Just curious if anyone has a FB group for these bikes? If not anyone want to join the one I started? I don’t really care to own or moderate it but it would be cool to have a little community to share stuff with. Other than on here of course. 😁

I started one last week and there's 3 people in it now. Shall we combine forces? haha https://www.facebook.com/groups/404344470547976

Cozen89 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Cozen89 said:

I started one last week and there's 3 people in it now. Shall we combine forces? haha https://www.facebook.com/groups/404344470547976

Sure why not?

litespeed said:
I meticulously built my own pack. I have a 20s15p 30Q pack (8g leads with copper bars and 8mm connectors) that is still pretty new. I’m think I should probably build a new one out of the 21700 cells that are 35 amp cell and 4 to 5 amp each. A 20s10p of those cells would just amazing. When I was pushing to a 200 amp limit the pack wasn’t even feeling it, at 250 amps it has never even gotten warm.

Tom

Hey Tom so your build.. I see that you have 3 separate 8awg leads... do those tie into one 8 ash lead to the controller? Or do you go thicker?

Could use some advice. Turns out it wasn’t a bad charger. It was a bad Anderson connector on my F37 battery. Looks like it might’ve arc’d at some point and slightly melted the connector. So I need to replace them. Should I swap the Anderson connectors for XT90? Is one better than the other? And what size amp connectors do I need? Thanks!

Attachments

• E2AABDE4-738F-466E-A714-A13148B44BB5.jpeg
    E2AABDE4-738F-466E-A714-A13148B44BB5.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 700
  • F102A5A9-7529-4837-A566-3D306CB30B51.jpeg
    F102A5A9-7529-4837-A566-3D306CB30B51.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 700
For charging you can use xt30 or higher. Basically everything above xt30 for this slow charger is overkill.
These connectors are way better than PP as this connector was invented back in the 1960's

I apply Dielectric grease to all my connectors, and I've never had a failure. There's a lot of different brands, this is just an example.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/permatex/chemicals---fluids/grease---lube/dielectric-grease/47cb50ae2109/permatex-dielectric-grease/per0/22058?pos=2

1abv said:
litespeed said:
I meticulously built my own pack. I have a 20s15p 30Q pack (8g leads with copper bars and 8mm connectors) that is still pretty new. I’m think I should probably build a new one out of the 21700 cells that are 35 amp cell and 4 to 5 amp each. A 20s10p of those cells would just amazing. When I was pushing to a 200 amp limit the pack wasn’t even feeling it, at 250 amps it has never even gotten warm.

Tom

Hey Tom so your build.. I see that you have 3 separate 8awg leads... do those tie into one 8 ash lead to the controller? Or do you go thicker?

I build my packs (in case I didn’t already say?) so I can charge and discharge with my hobby charger. So two 8s and a 4s. I made a wiring harness that puts them all in series. Yes it is also made with 8 gauge wire. If I was to do again I’ll use 6 gauge on the packs, 10mm connectors and 4 gauge to the controller. The MaxE had 8 gauge wires…..I think the Nuc 24 is 6 gauge if I remember correctly.

Tom

Thanks, I went with xt60 and everything is all good now. Can’t wait to get out and rip!

Attachments

• C55E7AFF-324F-4760-8ED9-484EE36870E8.jpeg
    C55E7AFF-324F-4760-8ED9-484EE36870E8.jpeg
    806.2 KB · Views: 652
51240559037_ba12995b03_b.jpg

Tom thanks for the info! This climb was a real stator burner... What temp do you have set for thermal rollback? mine starts at 105 and cuts off completely at 135. This is also for the controller. When I took it apart it had 105 degree caps. In testing I've found the controller gets hot but not as hot as the motor.

On another note I found this video about sizing DC breakers..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjcQ5GMLrQ

So I found out my bike isn’t as fast as I thought it was…..but may be a bit faster in a full tuck. Picture this, I’m sitting on the bike full upright trying to hold my iPhone on the Nuc screen while I accelerate to 60 mph. I found myself getting a bit nervous as I approached 60 with just one hand holding on just to find out while watching the video that I let off at 59…….I thought i had timed it and held it to 60. It took me 10 seconds……. I assumed it would take less than 7. My but dyno needs re calibrated! I’m 6’-4” and 225 lbs. I assume my bike is about 125 lbs but never weighed it…….I may need to. https://youtu.be/HgBT-3kpoVk

I have my motor temp set to roll back at 100 degrees.

Tom

51242035579_93c640f288_b.jpg

Tom.. That beastie is rapid. nice!

I used to have my bike set at 100 but I found with my set up it would cut back too quickly and I couldn't ride the terrain I want . I try to keep it under 105 as much as I can. Maybe the Nuc will assist w that.

New Shoe review...
So going from the Bridgestone to the Michelin

70/100x19 Michelin Starcross soft

I set it up with my usual 12 psi, Running a moto tube. right out of the gate I instantly felt the difference between the 2 tires. the M403 has a softer feel on pavement. It as a squishy character on pavement especially on higher speed turns. While I never thought that the tire was going to buckle or break loose it just doesn't feel as connected at the Bridgestone did on tarmac which could be because the Bridgestone was pretty warn out but also the lugs on the Starcross are super squishy. I did some fire roading and then added a bit more tire pressure 13psi. The jello feeling was still there but pushing it in 25-35 Mph sweepers it never let go. I defiantly had to get used to the feeling and for fast fire roading the Bridgestone is probably better. It almost felt like had low tire pressure. I've ridden with this tire on dirtbikes and never had this feeling but Im using a front for a rear bla bla bla....

I found that I have to adjust my suspension because of the character of the tire. The soft sidewalls and soft lugs made the ride much more compliant. It did what I wanted it to do which was to help out with high speed square edge rocks and quick shock travel. I never felt like the tire was going to break loose even when upping the speeds. The tire felt much better with more weight over the front in high speed turns.

As far as climbing goes, while on the bike the tires have about the same level of grip which is because the motor does not have enough power to break them loose while climbing a hill. In fact even when doing doughnuts the tire was much harder to break loose. On the other hand when pushing the bike up hill, Much like the Bridgestone the Starcross make the bomber into a tractor.

On down hills the grip levels esp when braking are fantastic. Braking modulation is a bit more specific but the braking limits are defiantly higher.

On rocky stuff the rear wouldn't buck up as much and tracked better Vs the Bridgestone which allowed me to keep higher speeds.

In sand the Starcross wins hands down. Much easier to control and goes where you want it to. Of course all of this makes sense because the tire was designed for soft conditions.

When I first had the Bridgestone I ran it at 15 psi and eventually dropped it to 12psi (I weight 165lbs) I will probably wind up around 13-14 with this tire.

If you ride offroad this is pretty bad ass. A little looser than the Bridgestone but once you get used to it the limits are a bit higher.
If you want to do more higher speed fire road stuff.. the Bridgestone or maybe the Starcross medium.

51242121357_ed79b8a72c_c.jpg

This was an amazing trail... Hidden single track with a couple of serious downhills.. Saw a big ass momma bear and a cub... when I was at the top

Cozen89 said:
Thanks, I went with xt60 and everything is all good now. Can’t wait to get out and rip!

Welcome to the club, its been a long while since I have seen the Fighter grace these pages, really nice.

1abv said:
51240559037_ba12995b03_b.jpg

Tom thanks for the info! This climb was a real stator burner... What temp do you have set for thermal rollback? mine starts at 105 and cuts off completely at 135. This is also for the controller. When I took it apart it had 105 degree caps. In testing I've found the controller gets hot but not as hot as the motor.

On another note I found this video about sizing DC breakers..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjcQ5GMLrQ

Great pics, this gives a nice perspective of where you ride.

Rix said:
Cozen89 said:

Welcome to the club, its been a long while since I have seen the Fighter grace these pages, really nice.

Thanks! Yeah these fighters seem to be a really rare breed. So far I’m diggin it tho. Taking some getting use to on the downhills in such a higher seat position than my previous bike (s73 RX with dual motors)

Any recommendations for tires for my fighter? Seems the selection for 24x3 is real slim. I ride about 65 road/35 off-road. Anyone try 24x4 tires?

Back