E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your Ebike creation here.
Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4447
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jun 10 2021 10:15am

Cozen89 wrote:
Jun 10 2021 12:58am
I finally got my f37. Man this thing is fun! Unfortunately after my first ride, I realized my charger isn’t working. So waiting on a new one from Stealth. Amazing customer service btw.

Just curious if anyone has a FB group for these bikes? If not anyone want to join the one I started? I don’t really care to own or moderate it but it would be cool to have a little community to share stuff with. Other than on here of course. 😁
I started a group over a year ago. You can be the third member,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317457038911524

1abv   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Jun 10 2021 10:34am

Hey for all you of roaders what front tire are you using? The Duros seem to be impossible to get other than at stealth and the shipping is nuts anything else I find is 2.1"

I may switch to moto if I can't find anything ...

Thanks..

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4447
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jun 10 2021 10:53am

1abv wrote:
Jun 10 2021 10:34am
Hey for all you of roaders what front tire are you using? The Duros seem to be impossible to get other than at stealth and the shipping is nuts anything else I find is 2.1"

I may switch to moto if I can't find anything ...

Thanks..
You can forget about Hook Worms, I finally cornered the market.

1abv   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Jun 10 2021 11:03am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Jun 10 2021 10:53am
1abv wrote:
Jun 10 2021 10:34am
Hey for all you of roaders what front tire are you using? The Duros seem to be impossible to get other than at stealth and the shipping is nuts anything else I find is 2.1"

I may switch to moto if I can't find anything ...

Thanks..
You can forget about Hook Worms, I finally cornered the market.
Maybe if I can glue knobs on them! seems like everyone switched to 27.5 or 29.

1abv   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Jun 10 2021 4:33pm

Image

Image


New shoe for the rear... mmmmm Starcross soft...

Me like a genius managed to pop a tube on install.. Never have done that.. In all of the years of putting on dirtbike tires, Bicycle tires... Any damn tires.. oh well...

And another note... Found this beauty..
Image
Broke off at the hub. Installing a new one with the 90 degree bend at the hub is annoying. Had to loosen the hubsink to get it installed.

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4447
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jun 10 2021 5:10pm

1abv wrote:
Jun 10 2021 4:33pm

And another note... Found this beauty..
Image
Broke off at the hub. Installing a new one with the 90 degree bend at the hub is annoying. Had to loosen the hubsink to get it installed.
I give up, what is it?

1abv   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Jun 10 2021 5:57pm

That would be a spoke from my rear wheel. Thankfully I didn’t have to take the whole
Wheel apart.

Cozen89   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: May 14 2021 1:31am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Cozen89 » Jun 10 2021 8:08pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Jun 10 2021 10:15am
Cozen89 wrote:
Jun 10 2021 12:58am
I finally got my f37. Man this thing is fun! Unfortunately after my first ride, I realized my charger isn’t working. So waiting on a new one from Stealth. Amazing customer service btw.

Just curious if anyone has a FB group for these bikes? If not anyone want to join the one I started? I don’t really care to own or moderate it but it would be cool to have a little community to share stuff with. Other than on here of course. 😁
I started a group over a year ago. You can be the third member,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317457038911524
I started one last week and there's 3 people in it now. Shall we combine forces? haha https://www.facebook.com/groups/404344470547976

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4447
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jun 10 2021 10:15pm

Cozen89 wrote:
Jun 10 2021 8:08pm
Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Jun 10 2021 10:15am
Cozen89 wrote:
Jun 10 2021 12:58am
I finally got my f37. Man this thing is fun! Unfortunately after my first ride, I realized my charger isn’t working. So waiting on a new one from Stealth. Amazing customer service btw.

Just curious if anyone has a FB group for these bikes? If not anyone want to join the one I started? I don’t really care to own or moderate it but it would be cool to have a little community to share stuff with. Other than on here of course. 😁
I started a group over a year ago. You can be the third member,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317457038911524
I started one last week and there's 3 people in it now. Shall we combine forces? haha https://www.facebook.com/groups/404344470547976
Sure why not?

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4447
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jun 10 2021 10:20pm

1abv wrote:
Jun 10 2021 5:57pm
That would be a spoke from my rear wheel. Thankfully I didn’t have to take the whole
Wheel apart.
The last time I washed my bike I found a spoke that was loose.

1abv   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Jun 10 2021 11:05pm

litespeed wrote:
Jun 08 2021 2:36pm
I meticulously built my own pack. I have a 20s15p 30Q pack (8g leads with copper bars and 8mm connectors) that is still pretty new. I’m think I should probably build a new one out of the 21700 cells that are 35 amp cell and 4 to 5 amp each. A 20s10p of those cells would just amazing. When I was pushing to a 200 amp limit the pack wasn’t even feeling it, at 250 amps it has never even gotten warm.

Tom
Hey Tom so your build.. I see that you have 3 separate 8awg leads... do those tie into one 8 ash lead to the controller? Or do you go thicker?

Cozen89   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: May 14 2021 1:31am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Cozen89 » Jun 11 2021 2:19am

Could use some advice. Turns out it wasn’t a bad charger. It was a bad Anderson connector on my F37 battery. Looks like it might’ve arc’d at some point and slightly melted the connector. So I need to replace them. Should I swap the Anderson connectors for XT90? Is one better than the other? And what size amp connectors do I need? Thanks!
Attachments
E2AABDE4-738F-466E-A714-A13148B44BB5.jpeg
E2AABDE4-738F-466E-A714-A13148B44BB5.jpeg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 85 times
F102A5A9-7529-4837-A566-3D306CB30B51.jpeg
F102A5A9-7529-4837-A566-3D306CB30B51.jpeg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 85 times

Tats   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 466
Joined: Apr 17 2014 9:51pm
Location: NOR Perth, worlds best kept secret, Australia

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Tats » Jun 11 2021 4:53am

I prefer the xt90 anti-spark but they can be a tricky solder vs the Anderson crimping. So I use XT’s for controller and Anderson for charger connections. If you have space the big 50A or 75A Anderson’s are good.

User avatar
Allex   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4165
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Allex » Jun 11 2021 8:07am

For charging you can use xt30 or higher. Basically everything above xt30 for this slow charger is overkill.
These connectors are way better than PP as this connector was invented back in the 1960's

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4447
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jun 11 2021 9:48am

I apply Dielectric grease to all my connectors, and I've never had a failure. There's a lot of different brands, this is just an example.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/pe ... 2058?pos=2

litespeed   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1567
Joined: Aug 11 2010 4:42pm
Location: O’Fallon, Missouri

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by litespeed » Jun 11 2021 4:25pm

1abv wrote:
Jun 10 2021 11:05pm
litespeed wrote:
Jun 08 2021 2:36pm
I meticulously built my own pack. I have a 20s15p 30Q pack (8g leads with copper bars and 8mm connectors) that is still pretty new. I’m think I should probably build a new one out of the 21700 cells that are 35 amp cell and 4 to 5 amp each. A 20s10p of those cells would just amazing. When I was pushing to a 200 amp limit the pack wasn’t even feeling it, at 250 amps it has never even gotten warm.

Tom
Hey Tom so your build.. I see that you have 3 separate 8awg leads... do those tie into one 8 ash lead to the controller? Or do you go thicker?
I build my packs (in case I didn’t already say?) so I can charge and discharge with my hobby charger. So two 8s and a 4s. I made a wiring harness that puts them all in series. Yes it is also made with 8 gauge wire. If I was to do again I’ll use 6 gauge on the packs, 10mm connectors and 4 gauge to the controller. The MaxE had 8 gauge wires…..I think the Nuc 24 is 6 gauge if I remember correctly.

Tom
I'm married so you know I'm no stranger to pain!

Cozen89   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: May 14 2021 1:31am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Cozen89 » Jun 12 2021 1:45am

Thanks, I went with xt60 and everything is all good now. Can’t wait to get out and rip!
Attachments
C55E7AFF-324F-4760-8ED9-484EE36870E8.jpeg
C55E7AFF-324F-4760-8ED9-484EE36870E8.jpeg (5.31 MiB) Viewed 37 times

1abv   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Jun 12 2021 9:43am

Image

Tom thanks for the info! This climb was a real stator burner... What temp do you have set for thermal rollback? mine starts at 105 and cuts off completely at 135. This is also for the controller. When I took it apart it had 105 degree caps. In testing I've found the controller gets hot but not as hot as the motor.

On another note I found this video about sizing DC breakers..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjcQ5GMLrQ

litespeed   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1567
Joined: Aug 11 2010 4:42pm
Location: O’Fallon, Missouri

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by litespeed » Jun 12 2021 3:14pm

So I found out my bike isn’t as fast as I thought it was…..but may be a bit faster in a full tuck. Picture this, I’m sitting on the bike full upright trying to hold my iPhone on the Nuc screen while I accelerate to 60 mph. I found myself getting a bit nervous as I approached 60 with just one hand holding on just to find out while watching the video that I let off at 59…….I thought i had timed it and held it to 60. It took me 10 seconds……. I assumed it would take less than 7. My but dyno needs re calibrated! I’m 6’-4” and 225 lbs. I assume my bike is about 125 lbs but never weighed it…….I may need to. https://youtu.be/HgBT-3kpoVk

I have my motor temp set to roll back at 100 degrees.

Tom
I'm married so you know I'm no stranger to pain!

Post Reply