E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Dallas doesn't really have dirt anymore, because, you know, it's dirty. I know where there's a little secret dirt though. We used to sneak down here and smoke joints when I was a teenager.

Midway rd trail.jpg

When I hill climb, I do it with one hand.
[youtube]_2k9gIJ6-t4[/youtube]

Allex said:
TV, you never metioned that, after controller swap, the buzz from the motor is now gone when you are driving.

That's true, there is a difference. With the stock controller there always was a low pitched buzz, mainly accelerating from a stop with heavy throttle. It only did it in a narrow zone at lower speed. My sons B52 makes exactly the same noise. Now with the new controller is doesn't do it anymore. I always thought my bike was very quiet, but it's even quieter now.

There's another difference I can feel, and hear, but it's coming from the QS motor magnets. I first noticed it during the installation process. If I spin the wheel by hand it has a kind of alternating magnetic attraction feel, like detents, and there's a very slight sound associated with it. The sound is not nearly as noticable as the buzz from the stock setup.

Really though, I didn't think my bike could be more silent than it was before, but it actually is quieter now. Actually the silence is something I'm very proud of. It's not just the motor. It took me a long time to make my brakes quiet. The stock forks made a clanking noise on heavy hits, but my Fox 40s only have hushed fluid sound. When riding over rough ground almost all the bikes I've ridden with sound like garbage wagons, but my bike has no rattles, clanks, or squeeks. I don't let my chain wear out enough to slap the swing arm. To me silence is the sound of quality.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:
TV, you never metioned that, after controller swap, the buzz from the motor is now gone when you are driving.

That's true, there is a difference. With the stock controller there always was a low pitched buzz, mainly accelerating from a stop with heavy throttle. It only did it in a narrow zone at lower speed. My sons B52 makes exactly the same noise. Now with the new controller is doesn't do it anymore. I always thought my bike was very quiet, but it's even quieter now.

There's another difference I can feel, and hear, but it's coming from the QS motor magnets. I first noticed it during the installation process. If I spin the wheel by hand it has a kind of alternating magnetic attraction feel, like detents, and there's a very slight sound associated with it. The sound is not nearly as noticable as the buzz from the stock setup.

Really though, I didn't think my bike could be more silent than it was before, but it actually is quieter now. Actually the silence is something I'm very proud of. It's not just the motor. It took me a long time to make my brakes quiet. The stock forks made a clanking noise on heavy hits, but my Fox 40s only have hushed fluid sound. When riding over rough ground almost all the bikes I've ridden with sound like garbage wagons, but my bike has no rattles, clanks, or squeeks. I don't let my chain wear out enough to slap the swing arm. To me silence is the sound of quality.

Why you hear the sound from QS motor might depend on the stright stator. The old crystalyte had an angeled stator that prevented this... is my theory.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I have to admit it, but this Sur Ron seat looks way cooler on my bike.

20221207_203823.jpg
20221207_204303.jpg
file.php

Theodore,
Which surron seat did you get?
Can you post a pic of the bottom to show us how you were able to mount it please.

gobi said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

20221207_203823.jpg
20221207_204303.jpg
file.php

Theodore,
Can you post a pic of the bottom to show us how you were able to mount it please.

It's a stock SurRon seat I bought on eBay, mounted on a 1/4" aluminun plate. The seat post hole is drilled at the same angle as the seat post tube.

20201229_143726.jpg
20201229_143741.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
Dallas doesn't really have dirt anymore, because, you know, it's dirty. I know where there's a little secret dirt though. We used to sneak down here and smoke joints when I was a teenager.

Midway rd trail.jpg

When I hill climb, I do it with one hand.
e]

Wut.......? TV doesn't ride off road. The Bomber is made for the street. :mrgreen:

1abv said:
92915355-7D59-4CF3-B892-3EDA4F8C97EF.jpeg

Bags?? I thought they came in bricks from the sky like romancing the stone???

Your Bomber really blends in nicely with the scenery.

370F7DA5-4ED8-4B80-8704-C2A848FD6768.jpeg
Found this waterfall at the end of the trail..

Attachments

• DB2553F7-6C31-4462-8924-0E42FC1A6360.jpeg
    DB2553F7-6C31-4462-8924-0E42FC1A6360.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 237
Theodore Voltaire said:
gobi said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

20221207_203823.jpg
20221207_204303.jpg

Theodore,

It's a stock SurRon seat I bought on eBay, mounted on a 1/4" aluminun plate. The seat post hole is drilled at the same angle as the seat post tube.

20201229_143726.jpg
20201229_143741.jpg

Exactly what I needed, I ordered a Luna surron seat (shipping was only $9) and once I get it I will swing by my local metal place and have them cut me the base aluminum plate.
Thanks!

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I gotten more inquiries about my seat than anything else I've done to my bike.

Even more than the tassels? :bigthumb:

lol, that seat and your bike's red frame is the shizzle bro,

You guys have access to some nice spaces to ride, thanks for sharing the pics!

That was from a little bit ago but it’s a nice area.. have been to it since the rains here. It may be a s-show now. F8A82CFE-0C92-4BA2-A7DD-D97E33D67554.jpeg

This one had a bunch of water crossings. It’s was pretty bad but fun.

A0E33FC3-DDE1-4513-8D82-EA2F0BA0DCCD.jpeg

This is what you get when chasing down a fast guy on a surron down a rock field…

Back