Raleigh Redux | X1 Pro | 14s7p 35E

Yet another x1 pro conversion. The Abomination was never going to be comfy enough for me to ride realistically, and I never got around to taking a video. So, I tore it off and slapped the kit on the redux. This bike once had the cyclone 3000 with barely 1000w.

Top speed so far is 48 mph, on 14s 45a max current. But, I cruise at 24-27 most of the time. Range is ab 35-40 miles on the 1kwh rectangle pack. Also featuring the Ghetto Ratchet Strap EM3ev Battery Mount Technology , so I can easily transfer the pack over to the other 2 bikes (high racer 'bent, and the cyclone beach bike).

That's the way I like to have things: one battery powering 3 bikes. I'd rather put money towards bikes, motors and controllers, with only one high expense consumable. Though, after spending money on performance car parts, I find the the entire ebike industry as a whole to be absurdly affordable and sustainable. Plus, it's a lot more fun to hot rod these things than my 11 second firebird was. Holy hell, the ebikes I could have built with that $40,000 ..............

In 3 years, this will be the 8th ebike I've built, owned, maintained, broken, repaired, upgraded and continued to ride. It's also the 6th mid drive conversion I've done, that took only 6 hours (vs. 15-20) to a complete, rideable machine. I'm trying to get more fluent in the assembly of these things, so I can market a more realistic labor charge to my customers at the shop.

nOx6BQt.jpg

Saw your post on the cyc group. Bike looks really efficient. What size is the primary chainring?

Yeah, a car hobby will really put ebikes in perspective. Everyone thinks ebikes are really expensive, but for a hobby involving motors and adrenaline prices are very reasonable.

flat tire said:
Saw your post on the cyc group. Bike looks really efficient. What size is the primary chainring?

Yeah, a car hobby will really put ebikes in perspective. Everyone thinks ebikes are really expensive, but for a hobby involving motors and adrenaline prices are very reasonable.

It doesn't matter what the hobby is, as long as you follow one rule. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Bike looks cool. Stocky.

flat tire said:
What size is the primary chainring?

It's a 32T , with the 11/53T secondary reduction 219 rings. I need a narrow-wide for this thing, which is something CYC should be selling with their kit. It holds the chain better. I also have the 12/72T 219 ring set that comes with a 42T chainring. That will be my next mod, to see what the extra reduction is like, along with prob a 38 or 40T narrow-wide. Wish I had more battery! This thing flies.

E-HP said:
Bike looks cool. Stocky.

Thanks, I liked the bike the day I saw it. Sold 3 at the shop.

Some bumpy shaky video I took in the neighborhood. Got it up to 38mph, but I've seen 43 in other places, on only 2500w.

[youtube]q1W-qFRSYrk[/youtube]

Back