14KW E-Scrambler From VoilaMart Frame

VisE-Moto

1 mW
Wussup Guys!

Been lurkin here from the last few months planning my emoto build and decided to be super original using the bomber style frame.

What will actually be original is some custom welding for a scrambler style seat and larger rear shock as well as 19” motorcycle wheels shinko 705 dual sport tires.

Lucky for me my welder is a big motorcross guy and can literally fabricate anything with wheels, so we should end up with something pretty unique.

Performance Specs:

3.5T 5000w hub motor
Sabvoton 72200 200a cont. 450a Phase
72v42ah Li-Ion Battery w/Discharge Bypass
Pit Bike 28” Triple Tree Fork & RFY Rear Shock
Hydraulic Brake Set w/203mm Rear & 220mm Front Discs

I want to run a strong regen brake set up and will be asking for help on programming the controller soon 😄

My goal was to build a fun commuter bike for light trail use with “light” motorcycle top speeds of 65-70mph, strong acceleration & 50+ mi throttle only range @ 40-45mph.

All the parts have been ordered via eBay, amazon and AliExpress and will be in next week
Total cost just under $3000

I’m a noob so any help is great! Thanks guys 👏🏾

Ps. As a fun security touch I’m adding a fingerprint scan ignition to unlock and start the bike 🏍

You will need a bigger motor to do 65mph for more than a few minutes. One of the motor simulators can tell you how much power it's going to take to go a given speed. 5kW might be OK for 45mph. That's close to a stock Sur-ron power.

fechter said:
You will need a bigger motor to do 65mph for more than a few minutes. One of the motor simulators can tell you how much power it's going to take to go a given speed. 5kW might be OK for 45mph. That's close to a stock Sur-ron power.

From reading around here and on YouTube I’ve seen a number of guys hit 60+ with the 5kw hub. Seems like the controller amps and the flux weakening optimized.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the stock Suron looks like it has a peak of 7kw and is wound for torque

VisE-Moto said:
fechter said:

From reading around here and on YouTube I’ve seen a number of guys hit 60+ with the 5kw hub. Seems like the controller amps and the flux weakening optimized.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the stock Suron looks like it has a peak of 7kw and is wound for torque

I think Fetcher is pointing out how long, not if it can hit 65. Basically how long can a 5kW motor take 9kW+ before it melts.

VisE-Moto said:
fechter said:

Ahhhh I see so you’re saying short bursts might hit that number but continuous speed won’t be that without certain death

What’s the deal on heatsinks from https://hubsink.com
For the money I think it would be huge for the overheating possibility of overheating

VisE-Moto said:
What’s the deal on heatsinks from https://hubsink.com
For the money I think it would be huge for the overheating possibility of overheating

Hub sink is almost pointless without statorade, and statorade alone is enough usually.

For sure, I’ve heard of it. How difficult is safely drilling into the hub for that?

VisE-Moto said:
For sure, I’ve heard of it. How difficult is safely drilling into the hub for that?

Pretty easy since aluminum is so soft. You could put some tape on the drill bit to help keep you from overshooting and hitting something inside. Tilt or set the hub horizontal so you can drill slowly from below, and the bits of aluminum fall down, out of the hub instead of into it.

VisE-Moto said:

I did mine just regularly pulling it apart. Unscrew, put on an old disc rotor, use bearing puller to grab onto disc, and that's it.

VisE-Moto said:

Ahhhh I see so you’re saying short bursts might hit that number but continuous speed won’t be that without certain death

The stock Sur-ron is about 4.8kW limited by the controller. The motor can take a lot more.

The 5kW hub motor might survive OK with cooling mods as mentioned. Having a temperature probe in the motor would be a good idea when pushing things.

For sure, appreciate the help!

Still waiting on my wheel to get trued, taking longer than expected. From there it’s back to the welder for some finishing touches before wiring!

Wussup guys! Got a test fit of the ride

But I’m running into an issue with wiring the Sabvoton 7220 controller to the TFT display, looks like there’s no plug in for the screen... have any of you ran into this?

Is there a work around to get things connected to the display? I have a back up controller the kit came with, just has a lower power output.

Thanks I’m advance!

Attachments

• 19ADED4A-F6AA-4516-AF21-8B8B6027DD34.jpeg
    19ADED4A-F6AA-4516-AF21-8B8B6027DD34.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 2,088
  • B23658DD-6A45-4F8A-AE4D-82A6DA2D1F68.jpeg
    B23658DD-6A45-4F8A-AE4D-82A6DA2D1F68.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 2,088
  • F1B6FD32-5766-4DE9-A18C-DE16BA107529.jpeg
    F1B6FD32-5766-4DE9-A18C-DE16BA107529.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 2,077
Lil update.

Still waiting on my welder to finish the seat frame and rear shock mount.

Good news is I picked up the Sabvoton CT-22 screen (same as onyx) to go with the Sabvoton 7200 unit

Waiting on statorade to coming in and it’s bolt on parts, connect wires and go!

Finally got my bike back from the welder... not too bad!

Love the angles and ride height, now for the bolt ins before wiring

Attachments

• E20C2264-8D93-4685-B3E0-B59A6634D5FA.jpeg
    E20C2264-8D93-4685-B3E0-B59A6634D5FA.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 1,795
Looking good dude. What's the fitment of the headset etc? Also what size rims and tires do you have?
Thanks!

Where are you sourcing your battery from?

I've been looking for a high current battery and it seems like the only way to get what I'm looking for is to build my own pack, or buy a suitable pack and remove the existing then install my own BMS. I'm considering a 150A continuous build, so would like to find a battery with BMS that's rated for something like 175-200A.

mattoak said:
Where are you sourcing your battery from?

I've been looking for a high current battery and it seems like the only way to get what I'm looking for is to build my own pack, or buy a suitable pack and remove the existing then install my own BMS. I'm considering a 150A continuous build, so would like to find a battery with BMS that's rated for something like 175-200A.

I actually did the later, bought a 72v42ah from an alibaba vendor, then swapped the 80a bms for a 200a continuous

Oh wow , this build looks awesome. I know there hasn’t been any post in a while but I would love to see an update on how this turned out

How did the fingerprint scanner work? How would u set one up? Possible with Vesc?

And your welder who is good with bikes, is he available? I want a rear swingarm made

Back