KT Controller Recommendation

episani

1 µW
Hi,

I'm trying to replace the controller of a Voilamart hub motor with hall sensors with something more sophisticated.

I have thought about a Sine wave KT controller with a LCD5 display.

The current controller can handle 26A max.

Can someone recommend me a reliable seller with quality KT controllers on Aliexpress?

I have been browsing sellers there but there's so many to choose from that it is very overwhelming and I have had a few bad experiences in the past from doggy sellers.

Thanks for your help.

What kind of amps and voltage do you want?

Some people like PWS Power, I've tried Conhismotor/Runismotor, Greentime EVFitting might have something, BMS Battery.

I never seen a high powered KT display controller, say 40A in 36/48/52V.

BMSBattery.com was pretty good for me. I bought a KT S09P with Bluetooth, only 22 amps but sensorless so you don’t need halls. Works really well and shipping was quick

markz said:
What kind of amps and voltage do you want?

Some people like PWS Power, I've tried Conhismotor/Runismotor, Greentime EVFitting might have something, BMS Battery.

I never seen a high powered KT display controller, say 40A in 36/48/52V.

My motor is only 1000W, I'm looking for a 48V, 30A controller.
I'll have a look to those shops.
Thank you for your suggestions

electric_nz said:
BMSBattery.com was pretty good for me. I bought a KT S09P with Bluetooth, only 22 amps but sensorless so you don’t need halls. Works really well and shipping was quick

That is quite a neat website. I'll have a look.
Thank you

I have bought from topbikekit.com

They have pretty good service.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910332326?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6e114c4dphAdEk

that's the link to the KT store on aliexpress that sells genuine KT parts straight from the manufacture. i have ordered from there and products seems to be great quality. never had any issues except having to wait about week or two to have your item shipped out. but that's expected as i think they make it as your order it and it's not just parts laying around collecting dust. so most all parts ordered is new with newest components or so i think :idea:

then again, when ordering from that site, i just order and forget about it until it's delivered in the mail :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/Ebike-Controller-Display-12MOSFET-Brushless/dp/B091BYB32K

If you search "KT sine wave controller 35A" you can find others.

Maybe constrain a bit more as to what you want by using a "more sophisticated" controller. Easily settable power levels? Speed and mileage readout? Programmable parameters? Quieter running? Something else?

If you tell us what you are trying to improve, we can probably make better suggestions.

I would recommend Kelly Controllers.
Since you have hall sensors a mini KBS-x are excellent.

https://www.kellycontroller.com/shop/kbs-x/

They also do a sensor less ones if you prefer.

They have good setup software that runs in your pc. Some models can use BT.

Utterly bomb proof controllers. I’ve broken motors, batteries & bikes galore but never broken either of the KBS’s I’ve bought. They are also tiny but very dense.

Just note the AMP rating is motor side. Which is the standard in cars/vehicles. So about double what the continuous battery draw will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

episani said:
Hi,

I'm trying to replace the controller of a Voilamart hub motor with hall sensors with something more sophisticated.

I have thought about a Sine wave KT controller with a LCD5 display.

The current controller can handle 26A max.

Can someone recommend me a reliable seller with quality KT controllers on Aliexpress?

I have been browsing sellers there but there's so many to choose from that it is very overwhelming and I have had a few bad experiences in the past from doggy sellers.

Thanks for your help.

Pasion ebike on Aliexpress is great. They go the extra mile and put XT90 battery connectors and XT150 phase wire connectors on by default. Bought a 1500W 26” kit off them with the KT 18 MOSFET 45A Sine Wave controller and the LCD3. Great combo, sine wave controller is quiet and smooth.

Got a very nice 1500W kit from CSC on Aliexpress as well. Same motor, MTX39 Sun Ringle rim, but this time the controller was the 45A KT Dual mode. Square wave drive which is slightly more efficient but noisier at low speeds. Dual mode means that there is an extra board in there that can sense the phase using only the phase wires and can fail safe to that in case the hall sensor in the motor fails. Sine wave version has an extra current sensor for sine wave simulation but cannot fall back to sensorless. Both great controllers. LCD3 on the sine wave and LCD8HP on the dual mode.

xt90 and xt150 connectors on from the factory big plus point ,
saves you having to do it , KT controllers are good lots of screens available and easy to program,
45 amp is plenty fast for most applications, only downside is I've tried kill mine so I can justify upgrade, but can't :mrgreen:

Greendog said:
xt90 and xt150 connectors on from the factory big plus point ,
saves you having to do it , KT controllers are good lots of screens available and easy to program,
45 amp is plenty fast for most applications, only downside is I've tried kill mine so I can justify upgrade, but can't :mrgreen:

Have you tried the open source firmware from the 200 page thread here? More stuff to have fun with the KT controllers. It implements field-oriented motor control and is dead quiet and smooth. You can set any current limit you want. You need a 7$ STLink dongle from Aliexpress and follow the directions to install. I’m running it on one of my 45A Sine Wave KT controllers. The 18 MOSFET KT controllers should be ok for 60A since that is the highest current they come rated for from the factory in certain versions. People have beefed up the traces with more solder and bigger phase wires to run 80+ Amps as well.

Thanks for that needed an upgrade project to get into :mrgreen: not done much on bike for bit,
think I know one you mean had skimmed through it lots of pages,
few extra amps be just right, :bolt:

Back