Ultimate stealth ebike 30 mph

MarkJohnston

10 kW
What you think? 30mph on flats no problem. CHEAP CHINA DD motor voilamart :lol: FOC 6.5 k miles on kit. It can burn out in the rain easy :lol: doing awesome fish trails :twisted:

Super stealthy with the bags, been pulled over by cops several times given a fix it ticket for no rear red light. never knew what was up :lol:

Her name is Sheila she is slow to start but a reliable girl. 35 mph downhill.

Just bought a hope tech V 4 but hasn't arrived yet. For now just one shit rim brake. I hope my "hope" is halfway towards a motorcycle brake. I need some serious stopping power

Attachments

• PXL_20211121_034557531.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211121_034557531.MP.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 989
  • PXL_20211121_034557531.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211121_034557531.MP.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 988
  • PXL_20211121_034628357.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211121_034628357.MP.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 988
The bags cost $300. Most other ebikers build the battery mid tube. But that just kind of stands out to me, though I can see WHY. I'VE BEEN snapping racks because of the weight and speed. 50 lbs of cargo going 30 mph... I also stripped the upper bosses where the rack arms attach.

Next thing I guess is to buy a TUBUS SS rack. Steel is real. Those mofos you CAN SIT ON LOL.

I guess the worst case scenario if I need to pull the Plug here with this bike I can recycle all these accessories for regular bicycles. Grocery store and touring, sure.

The bags last forever. JANDD (J and D) makes really good BAGS for bikes. They can last for a life time with no abuse. The stitching is amazing.

Cool idea! One advice for those cheap chinese motors is use 3 very strong cable ties just above the spring that protects the motor wires at dropout zone, because the spring invariably moves away from the bend unless there are cable ties holding it there.

Camouflage the motor: underneath the pain is nice grey aluminium which is the same color as the tarmac, at first it's shiny and then it becomes street-grey, you can take the paint off in 5 minutes using an angle grinder sander and a wire brush for the edges.

I feel lucky to be in a European country where the police don't care if my bike is over-spec. Scooters are the real danger on the roads. My girlfriend was hit twice scooters in 3 months on cycle paths... One time the scooter was on the wrong side of the road.

zzoing said:
Cool idea! One advice for those cheap chinese motors is use 3 very strong cable ties just above the spring that protects the motor wires at dropout zone, because the spring invariably moves away from the bend unless there are cable ties holding it there.

I feel lucky to be in a European country where the police don't care if my bike is over-spec. Scooters are the real danger on the roads. My girlfriend was hit twice scooters in 3 months on cycle paths... One time the scooter was on the wrong side of the road.

Yeah I didnt do that and the spring moved away. Now I have problems.

I thought Europe was much harsher on ebikers. I always see videos of cops stopping ebikes and checking them, giving them tickets.

MarkJohnston said:
I thought Europe was much harsher on ebikers. I always see videos of cops stopping ebikes and checking them, giving them tickets.
Europe is a big place. Many countries, regions, municipalities, towns, etc. With varying levels of ebike policing policies.

Back