10kW, custom cut aluminum frame, QS205, full suspension, VII

owhite

100 W
Hello people,

This is an update of a bike construction that was designed and build here. The general strategy is to do CAD design, get parts cut by sendcutsend, and weld it together.

The main issue with the first bike is that the controller was mounted on top of the battery box. The controller is shown in green, the batteries are purple. The issue was that the phase wires had to run through the area where the batteries were in order to get to back hub.
uW7jEdB.png

This absolutely sucked. I dont have a good picture but a lot of connectors and crap ended up being crammed in the battery box area, including high amperage wires and I was worried if anything got loose it'd be way to easy to short against the batteries.

So the new version I flipped the location of controller and batteries. The controller area is in green, and the new bike version is on the right:
TFgf1AV.png

To do this I had to make the bike slightly wider, but there werent any other significant changes to the geometry.

Assembly was fun, I got a new build table to align everything:
XuHE2d4.png

The final build resulted in a nice clean battery box on the top, and high amperage wires in a separate compartment which will be covered by a plate:
DIp4Ikm.png

The controller with heat sinks got stuck into the underside: https://i.imgur.com/8X0E5gg.png
(More info on the controller is available here.)

And now the underside is going to be buttoned up with a water tight seal when all the bolts are in:
19EQmfQ.png

And the phase wires are nice and out of the way. I 3d printed a waterproof cap for their exit:
RzcQ5qS.png

Here's a pic of the final bike:
Q1IxATs.png

I was shocked how rapidly this bike came together. Definitely easier because had all the supporting parts like fork, handlebars, bottom bracket etc, but the total frame build was only a couple months.

is the swingarm a tubolar aluminium profile ? You could even try to route the phase wires inside the arm for a cleaner look

Back