Self charging rat style

aras6666

100 µW
Hi, this is my first post. I always wanted to write here, but since last two years I was just reading anonymous. Here is my bike.20210522_092233.jpg
It has 36V battery in rear wheel (looks like hub motor, but it is battery) and also two more batteries (24V), one under seat, and another where bottle should be. There are two seats, three independent batteries, two step up transformers. It run on 40 volts, idea is to prevent batteries from aging (never replace batteries), also it have possibility to charge itself during ride or stop somewhere. I use it for three years as of now every day as I do not have car (also in heavy rain/snow). It can do around 100km range. When at home I charge it from solar micro grid (my other project). So kind of self sustainable. I am open to share more details if you like, please comment. Thanks for reading.

Looks very similar to another persons ebike that a bunch of endless sphere members scared off months ago.
If it was you, then welcome back.

Do you have a pic of the rear wheel battery?

aras6666 said:
Hi, this is my first post. I always wanted to write here, but since last two years I was just reading anonymous. Here is my bike.20210522_092233.jpg
It has 36V battery in rear wheel (looks like hub motor, but it is battery) and also two more batteries (24V), one under seat, and another where bottle should be. There are two seats, three independent batteries, two step up transformers. It run on 40 volts, idea is to prevent batteries from aging (never replace batteries), also it have possibility to charge itself during ride or stop somewhere. I use it for three years as of now every day as I do not have car (also in heavy rain/snow). It can do around 100km range. When at home I charge it from solar micro grid (my other project). So kind of self sustainable. I am open to share more details if you like, please comment. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reply, was not me :), I wonder what "scare off means" :)? I do not have pic of rear at this moment. I will take it no problem. I will upload with next post.

I found two pictures, little older but you can see battery. Second one is solar micro grid packed when I was moving it from old house to new one. Little messy but it was prototype :).
20210114_162854.jpg
20210822_151647.jpg

And here also one when bike was more less one year. With only two batteries and one step up converter.

20200714_172334.jpg

Very cool bike, anything you make with your own hands is grrreat! :thumb:
Damn I like the size of the hubs.
Clean, very clean look to it :thumb:

mad max 2 was always the best film out of the three.

Bike officially passed three years, so I decided to make some repair. The biggest problem was from some time dropping chain. I tried to fix problem by buying new bike, hehehe, but anyway decided to use hack from emtb forum, it more less work, still sometimes it happen but not so often. As of now I am happy. Then I made rear wheel true again, one spoke was broken. Also I installed ne saddle, as on old one springs broke a year ago. Also LCD cable and engine cable was fixed too as random errors was happening from time to time.
Then front break pads broke, so I replaced them as well. Now ride is amazing, I feel free and young again, lol. Best wishes for everyone. We have beautiful weather, and inflation can go f**k itself.
DSCN7706.JPG

Sure no problem. I was looking for ready made product, but was hard to find something that fit, so I went on forum, this was inspiration - http://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/photos/5/3/6/7/0/_/medium/IMAG0411.jpg. So I took small part of garden hose, cut it on upper side, so then it was possible to put chain inside, then made four holes for zips. That's it. Quick and super easy.

I have had some free time today, so I started repair trailer as well, old one rusted and broke in the middle. Also I decided to change one wheel to two all-terrain longboard wheels, so trailer will be more stable and I hope increase load. It is very early stage...

DSCN7712.JPG

BTW, I bought new bike anyway in which there will be no problem with dropping chain, as there is no chain. For 600$ bucks it was bargain :), hope you have as great weekend as mine.
DSCN7699.JPG

Back