Is there anyway of running a rear hub on a 12x150 dropout frame

Sammybrock

100 µW
Hi all I’m from the uk and have a few different bikes and builds.. one being a custom Aprillia enjoy :)
My question is I have a few surplus DH bike frames all of which have 83mm bottom brackets and 12x150mm rear dropouts .. I know I could run mid drive on these frames with the bbshd but I’d like very much to run a rear hub motor! Is there anyway it’s possible? One of my frames is the Marin quake xlt 7.9 with bolt thru 12x150 dropouts

Thanks in advance folks

Thanks for the reply’s

I’m looking for a rear hub soloution .. one that will work with a 12x150 rear dropout

E-HP said:
electric_nz said:
Grin all-axle from ebikes.ca would fit the bill
I think the OP is looking for a rear motor.

That is a rear motor.

E-HP said:
electric_nz said:
Grin all-axle from ebikes.ca would fit the bill
I think the OP is looking for a rear motor.
Sammybrock said:
Thanks for the reply’s

I’m looking for a rear hub soloution .. one that will work with a 12x150 rear dropout
Grin All Axle IS a rear hub motor, E. One that works with thru axles.

What is a 12 x 150mm dropout? Got a pic?

Sammybrock said:
Thanks for the reply’s

If you're OK with doing some fabrication, then you're in luck, since the Marin has replaceable dropouts. You could search the forum on that subject.

Thanks for the info

Looks like il have to find someone who can make me some cnc dropouts to allow me to fit a standard rear hub motor as I’m not knowledgeable to make my own I’m afraid… anyone here make dropouts if I send the originals as templates ?

Thanks

This is the same frame in question

Attachments

• B1ECEA9D-F434-4C09-B906-F571E88F1466.jpeg
    B1ECEA9D-F434-4C09-B906-F571E88F1466.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 500
Sammybrock said:
Thanks for the info

cnc dropouts to allow me to fit a standard rear hub motor
Thanks

Where are you located?

Here is te Grin thru axle hub motor. It is made to work with a diversity of quick release axles. https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/all-axle-hub-motor.html

Checkout this thread for bolt-on ideas I use a bolt on dropout, steel, on an aluminum XC bike for alotta wattage output. Works well for me. You can see what I did at the end o the thread, near this years posts. This is what people have been doing for years if they want to mount a hub motor on a frame that was never intended. Very many wonderful ideas here.

Yes, my hub motor is designed for a 150mm distance.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26444

Thanks for the link lots of interesting ideas to mull over there !!

I’m located in the UK I see most people are on the other side of the pond who maybe able to fabricate me some dropouts

Back