Scott nitrous frame

Standard rear hub sizing for a rear ehub and space in the frame for battery’s
Any suggestions on hubs ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 064A0934-8BE8-4075-878D-65AA40C9D554.png
    064A0934-8BE8-4075-878D-65AA40C9D554.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 621
Entirely depends on what you want to do with it.
Speeds, acceleration goals, weight constraints, efficiency, reliability, etc. Plus, your weight, types of terrain encountered, hills?
We could throw you a bunch of makes/models/types but they may not be appropriate to your planned scenario.

For an in-frame battery mount a "halong" style might fit, but if it didn't you could mount it under the down-tube. There may be water bottle rivets already there or they could be installed. This is not a cheap battery, but if want to match the quality of the bike, this is the place. Battery diamensions show here;
https://em3ev.com/shop/52v-14s4p-shark/
Since you would be buying a premium battery, you might as well go with a 52 Volt system. This is as high as one can go with standard 48 V controllers. I would mate it with medium size rear hub motor (around 3 to 5 Kg.s, most likely a Bafang) that has a motor speed-range of 250 to 270 rpm @ 36V for a top speed of 25 to 27 mph.
To go faster, you need more battery you don't really have space for.
This would ok for lite trail riding, but it won't do steep hills, again a larger batt/motor would be required.
But this set-up would be a great low-maintance urban cruiser.
Range would be about 20 miles, which is further than one would think.

Do your best to get a battery inside the triangle, if its a custom works from a notable builder or diy.

See how much space you have when the fork and wheel are in place, and how much the suspension fork will travel. If the frame has any holes in its tubing for hiding cables then you'd ought to think carefully putting any extra weight, on one of my bikes I hung the battery off the top tube with internal cable routing and it cracked.

Sammybrock said:
Scott nitrous frame

Thanks

For what specific usage, under what specific conditions?

To pick out parts, you should define (and state here) what you need the bike to do for you, under what conditions, so that you can choose parts that can do the job without being stressed, but aren't overkill / too big / too heavy, etc. Stating a budget would be useful, too, so that we dont' suggest things beyond the spending limits.

Otherwise you might end up getting things that won't do what you need them to, and have to spend that money all over again to buy new ones that will.

Without any info on that, suggestions you get from us will vary wildly and be for the most part useless to you--they may range from tiny very-low-wattage systems that only provide a bit of assist up to things that weigh 50lbs and turn the bike into a highway-capable motorcycle. ;)

Sammybrock said:
Scott nitrous frame

Thanks

Something like this might strike a good balance, given the available battery space. Plus it's quiet and lightweight too.
https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/motors/mg310-std.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sGFoJUO-BM&t=20s

Thanks for all the reply’s

I managed to get a 48v 1000w hub secondhand off eBay very cheap so when it arrives I will list what it is I have model etc I have only paid very little on the auction :) so with some luck it mite be ok… fingers crossed

Back