BBSHD Cadence

Dorosko

1 mW
I've got a BBSHD ludicrous V1. What is the target RPM with a 52v battery to achieve the greatest power output? From what I can gather, the greatest torque is at stall, the greatest efficiency is at about 80% of no load rpm and peak power is achieved at 50% of no load torque. I'm figuring, based on this, that I should be gearing to achieve about 85-90 rpm. This seems low. I know that the controller also makes decisions that impact the torque, power and speed curves. Am I close here? Can anyone educate me on this or give me the peak power RPM? Thanks

Peak power would happen at 50% of no-load speed for a motor with an unlimited controller. But since the controller limits the current, and this stays nearly constant until you get close to the no-load speed, the max power point will be where the current starts to drop below the limit. If you have a way to measure the current, you can try to see where this happens. I don't know where it will be with that version of controller, but on a stock BBSHD, it will be faster than your feet can pedal.

Back