Jumping Curbs On My Ebike

Ypedal

Staff member
Playing around, and finally learning how to work with windows movie maker a bit.. got my neighbor to filme a quick vid standing under a tree ( It was lightly raining )

Nothing great, but i've been riding this thing like you see in the video for the last 3 weeks or so, hopping off the sidewalk at 40 km/h is more fun than this.. but still cheap entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsrpzLA3ODg

Next i need to build a medium ramp ! :p

Attachments

• hopcurb.JPG
    hopcurb.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,684
Absolutely thrilling compared to the cruise-control test video! :wink:
And I love the Ypedal.com mascot... :D

What? you mean to tell me the cruise control did not give you the warm and fuzzies ?

I"ve sold my folding bike, so i have to put the Giant back together to use as a chase bike, we have a really nice nature park close by that will make a real cool video as soon as i get the chance.

neat video, i gave you a five

you ruin your bike, did you get if for free?
Or durability test. For sure will not last long.
If you mean this fun , that's not high perform MTB.

miro13car said:

???

Is this for real? Nothing in that movie has even the slightest chance of damaging that bike.

I went up a gutter on my e-bike so fast on Friday it jumped me clean off the pedals and I landed on my arse on the seat, with my feat dangling beside the pedals....OUCH. My lights fell off (hanging by their cable)and I ended up in the service road completely out of control :)

At least I beat the traffic through the intersection. :twisted:

miro13car said:

If you think that's rough, you should try following me to work every day !

The bike is solid, no worries at all.. i regularly ride from the street at 40 km/h, swerve onto the sidewalk from a driveway, ride the 3 ft interval bumps standing on the pedals and hop off from the 6" height back into the street. Multiple times per trip, 5 days a week.

When i had the 2 x 36v packs on the rear rack, i could not do this, i was afraid for the seat post tube. but with half the weight back there and the other half strapped to the frame, everything is insulated with rubber and bolted/glues/strapped on tighter than it looks. These metal straps will hold 100 lbs worth of ductwork !

My next project after the chopper is an X5 powered BMX on Lithium ! :twisted:

Edit " Oh god mark.. i was laughing so hard just now my vision is just now clearing up ! lol... .. grippy pedals help ! "

Gaston;

Don't know if this rack would work with disc brakes but I thought you might like to give it a look. Seems to me it might work better than a seat post rack.

http://www.axiomgear.com/product/racks/rear_suspension_racks/product.php?id=137

Hmm.. i considered those, they have them at the local bike shop, the rear of my frame has no place for the bottom bolt on the carrier.

I still prefer the Bolt-On seat post racks

http://www.axiomgear.com/product/racks/seatpost_racks/product.php?id=152

Instead of the quick release.

I picked up 2 more last weekend, I'm going to bolt 2 of them on top of each other on the seat tube, then make a bracket to secure my 2 Limn packs to the 2 racks, i'll be back to the rear weight issue, but with 20ah on board :wink:

Building a bike that won't fall apart on the first pothole, is NOT that easy, i'm into it for well over 2500 $ on this bike alone already, that goes up to 3000 + once i bolt on the Lithium.

Worth it ?...to me.. Absolutely ! 8)

I just bought something similar, but much cheaper and crappier:
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7CRCNNSP

It seems solid enough, and is rated to 9kg - more than double my 3.8kg batttery.

Now I'll hunt for a toolbox or something to screw to the rack and pu the battery in.

I didn't want to spend much as I still think I'll mostly have the battery in my backpack, but I wanted the option of mounting it to the bike as well.

I also have one of those, it's a knockoff of the schwinn .

Not bad.. it managed to hold 48v 12ah of SLA for a few months ! * 40 lbs

but that was WAY too much for it, flexy and the deck eventually fell apart.

The axioms are stronger.

Attachments

• giant.jpg.jpeg
    giant.jpg.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,408
Ahh...yeah, 40lbs of SLA would probably destroy this rack. 8lbs of Lithium will be fine :)

And hey - my Dually will look much like your red bike shortly - when I get the Triple Crown Marzocchi Bomber Junior T's reinforced, hub motor mounted and fitted to the bike.

Halfway through making the reinforcements now.

Back