Power in Motion stealth electric bicycle

We at Power in Motion are pleased to present you with one of our latest conversions, a 2010 Norco XFR fitted with a Bafang motor combine with a sensorless controller. Our technician made a real effort on this project in order to "stealth" the conversion, and the results are very smooth looking!

The XFR has made a really great candidate for the conversion. Dual discs, good gearing, and a sporty ride - the XFR is a new bicycle from Norco in 2010, a sort of cross mountain / road hybrid which offers 700c wheels but has a more rugged frame, and it would be good for anything from commuting to light duty off roading. The Bafang motor itself is so small it virtually disappears between the cassette and the disc rotor, and the wiring is clean. This bike looks really slick, and ended up being pretty lightweight too.
xfr right rear view lighter web version.jpg
In this shot, you can really see how small these Bafang motors are. They're barely bigger than an internal gear hub, yet they provide a good boost. This model in particular is a high RPM unit that offers a higher top speed, and this bike is quite quick. A 25 amp sensorless controller helps keep acceleration and torque in good standards as well!
xfr rear section closeup web version.jpg
This adjustable Swiss made ESGE kickstand is good for getting around the disc caliper and widely spaced frame and giving the bike a stable leg to stand on.
xfr left side view lighter web version.jpg
The center bag holds the controller, battery, and cleans up the wiring lines. The bike is able to hold up to a 37v10.5ah battery within the bag and remain its stealthy looks. We at Power in Motion really liked this particular project, its a good looking ride and a solid performer.

disndat said:
If you are offering different companies beside crystalyte then you should update your website to show people what you sell.Just a suggestion.Nice bike btw.
Disndat:

Thank you for the suggestion! We are still evaluating a few brand of motors and controllers, as soon as we confidence with it and ready, we will put it out on the web site. It will also be available in Toronto area that you can walk in and try it out.

I have put 3000 watts through the 600w motor briefly(cant do anything with the 1000w cause it blows controllers) but have not gone full throttle yet-its very fast up to 2200 watts but if I did it would be about 80-90 km/hr.I dont like to go faster than 60 km/hr on a bicycle.I am waiting to try steveos new controller with the 1000w and see what happens ;)

wow. I love it. How come I can't find it on your website? I'd like to tell people about it.

This is the future of electric bikes. Please put this on your website. It'll turn heads.

Back