Let's see some e-bikes doing some work!

drewdiller

100 W
I haven't posted here in a while, because I haven't e-biked in a while, been too busy off roading with my new-used Surly Pugsley (which I might electrify later this winter). I must say getting back on an e-bike after having been without gave me the EV grin all over again :D

It's fall, which means cleaning up fallen leaves for me. I have a compost site about a half mile away, and I have two sedans. Logical conclusion? Just walk a wagon that carries two trash bins full of leaves.

Well... that's all fine and stuff for jobs that are relatively small like pulling some weeds... but there are leaves eeeeeverywhere.

SO I bought a Burley Travoy, scrounged for some tie downs of some kind, and here is the result:

IMG_4326.JPG

As you might imagine I got some stares. :shock:

The quick-mount feature of the trailer is handy at the dump site... I just unhook and abandon the bike. Piece of cake. I just need a quicker tie-down arrangement.

Awesome dude!

I like to haul stuff with the ebike. Once I get my new build up and running I'll be doing dump runs again with garbage and recycling. People think you are crazy.....yeah. On an ebike, it's quite practical if you have a good trailer setup. I'm using this kid cart I got for free off craigslist. I'll post some pics of hauling a huge tv and a TON of groceries (including 10 gallons of liquid).

Yeah, that's right. I rather do something "crazy" like this than drive the car.

Attachments

• 7-7-10.jpg
    7-7-10.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,131
  • 9-2-10 001.jpg
    9-2-10 001.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,131
I've been throwing paper for a little over a week now on the bike. On Wednesdays and Sundays I have to use the car because of the size of the paper. It is SOOO much easier to do the route by bike than it is from the car it's crazy. I can do it much quicker and with fewer throwing errors. Wednesdays and Sundays kinda suck, but since the weather has been nice so far, throwing from the bike has actually been kinda fun. Not only do I get to do my crazy paper boy impersonation from "Better Off Dead" I also get to play a live action version of Paperboy the arcade game! :lol:

http://www.free80sarcade.com/paperboy.php

View attachment 1

Paper1.JPG

i really like the duallity of using the ebike,im going to attempt a carryall for other bicycles in a few months.ive never typed those words,duallity and carryall.hope there right :? .

Hmmm....
Here's DayGlo Avenger as it used to look, plus the Kennel Trailer (empty in this pic)
file.php

The trailer isn't actualy hooked ot hte bike in the pic, but Hachi is about 100lbs, and I haul her (or the other dogs, one or more at a time depending on which ones) around in this:
file.php

Though sometimes it gets used for at least a couple hundred pounds of dogfood instead:
file.php

file.php

file.php

Or a lot of bikes/parts:
file.php

When Hachi was smaller, she used to ride *in* DayGlo Avenger's cargo pod:
file.php

but she would never fit now.
Plus it's now re-insulated to keep cold groceries cold:
file.php

Pic from quite a while back, when I used to drink a lot of soda:
file.php

Kinda weighs a lot, and sloshes too:
file.php

Sometimes just for some odd stuff:
file.php

Or for just regular grocery runs:
file.php

where the heavy stuff is in the cargo pod and not-quite so heavy in that bag on the rack.

The older trailer,
file.php

still used sometimes:
file.php

but being two-wheel it doesn't balance as well for big heavy loads, so I keep it down to two or three bags, whereas I can do 5 or 6, maybe up to 8 on the other trailer.

Somehwere I have some pics of CrazyBike2 loaded up heavy, but can't find them right now.

My bike is a front wheel drive Crystalyte X-408F motor with 3 12V-35AH SLA batteries mounted on the trailer. Not much for speed, but I have hauled some very heavy loads.Image002.jpg

Back