show my e-bike!!!

Mathurin

100 kW
Hey man, is that a Tongxin motor?

What kind of speed/noise/consumption/ect does it yeild?

Nice shot of the BMS. Some of the chip numbers seem to be rubbed out. Too bad, I'd like to know how it works. I can see some stray strands of wire around where the 7 between-cell wires attach. A short there would be bad. There's some real tiny 6 lead parts in the middle that look like they have numbers, but I can't read them. Can you see the number?

8) aiicsu 8)

Thank you! We are fortunate to have your presence here.
You are helping us like no-one else can help; an ambassador of China
to the English-speaking e-bike world.

Wow, this is great, to see by your eyes, past the Great Wall!

PS: Do you have a first name?
Call me Reid, or just call me happy :wink:

It's great to have someone from China here. Most everything we use comes from China these days (there are few American based parts companies) and it's very amazing what you can buy for such a low price.

It will be interesting to see what you have to say.

:arrow: One piece of advice: In some areas of the messageboard the conversations go so fast that if you are struggling with English you might find yourself having a hard time keeping up with the postings. If you post in areas like your own thread (like this one) then you will be guaranteed to be able to control the flow of postings.

It's great to have someone from China here.

I agree!
On one level because of the added personal interaction with someone from a different culture than the english-speaking cultures which, despite small differences, are all very similar.

On another level because of the added EV experience and info.

On a third level because wars are almost always caused by bad leadership of any society spreading misinformation and fear to turn their people against those who look a little different or have different ways. On a very humble level, this interaction now is helping to prevent a world-war three, a war which if happens, may leave no survivors except insects and bacteria.

And on a fourth level because my mother visited China and in the future I'd love to too.

If you post in areas like your own thread (like this one) then you will be guaranteed to be able to control the flow of postings.

I know Safe means well with this advice, but aiicsu, I disagree with Safe. Jump in anytime, any thread, just like anyone else. We can see past the errors in grammar and spelling, and the challenge should be exciting. I learned spanish via intense "immersion" courses, and hanging out trying to keep up with speakers of fluent spanish. So I'm not going to 'dumb down' my writing for aiicsu, who is probably quite smart, has access to translation assistance, will keep up and be the smarter for it.

Great pic.
The motor is very compact and looks well made.

I'm interested in the controller.
Is it a sensorless controller, or does it use hall effect sensors?

How many wires go from the motor to the controller?

aiicsu said:
the controller can supose sensors,what type sensors do you use?
it is three wires going from the motor to the controller.

If it only has 3 wires between the motor and controller, then it is sensorless. I don't think I've seen a bike motor with a sensorless controller before. Sensorless controllers are common with radio control airplanes. Sensorless should be good. It is much easier to connect and you won't ever have problems with sensors.

I think Andrey's bike had 6 wires (3 big, 3 small) coming out of the motor. I couldn't quite figure out what the 3 small wires were for.

Is the controller something your company makes?

Fechmaster, can you enlightened us as to how these sensor-less motors and controllers turn sans sensors? How do they know where the rotor is?

When the motor is stopped, it doesn't know. It generates a startup sequence to get the thing moving, then looks for the zero crossing of the back EMF from the phases while they're commutating. It's basically using the windings and magnets as the sensors. It would not behave well in a stall situation or when the motor is moving extrememly slow. Once it gets going, it seems to work great. You can do all sorts of other cool things like dynamically adjust the timing with the right software.

Most of the controller is on a programmable chip. Almost all R/C brushless controllers are sensorless.

Here's a nitty-gritty, but accurate discription of what's involved:
http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r8/ukri/pels/Synopsis2.pdf

Thank you. The third-harmonic extraction-detection described in the link is most fascinating!

aiicsu, Very cool, a practical bike::goes anywhere.

---
Buzzz, I see what you mean about the C'lyte sensorless motors,
but that pedaling to 5kph must be their decision, and not due to the sensorless controller...
the Tonxin motor is freewheeling, great! So, it requires a pedelec sensor to make the first pulses, to trigger the controller?

---

aiicsu, which Tonxin rpm motor did you choose?
Q: How fast does your bike go? :eek:

We will not tell your secret to Chinese police. :p
We are all speeders here. :)

Q: Does the Tongxin motor accept higher voltages?
Does it break down? Does it get hot?

----

谢谢朋友

Reid

*thank you, friend

The clyte Pedal-First controllers available that i know of do not need this sensor.. but do require you to move the wheel before it can get going.. i do not know if this is by choice or not.

Don't all the clyte brushless controllers operate this way if the hall wire connections are broken?

If you lose one of the 3 sensors, the motor will sort of run on two phases. With no halls, the controller will have no idea which phase to fire.

:lol:

Very funny. So you have a "stealth e-bike".

Thanks for the battery data.

How big are the cells you currently build into packs?

Can you quote me for as large a 37V (10S) pack as $400 will buy?
Large as possible--15Ah or 20Ah (or more! :lol:) would be great!
Can you do it? Parallel is OK too.

I would like tap-outs so I can monitor the cells' discharge voltages,
tokeep track of the cells' capacity imbalances as they age.

thanks friend,
Reid

aiicsu said:
Reid Welch said:

Very funny. So you have a "stealth e-bike".

Thanks for the battery data.

How big are the cells you currently build into packs?

Can you quote me for as large a 37V (10S) pack as $400 will buy?
Large as possible--15Ah or 20Ah (or more! :lol:) would be great!
Can you do it? Parallel is OK too.

I would like tap-outs so I can monitor the cells' discharge voltages,
tokeep track of the cells' capacity imbalances as they age.

thanks friend,
Reid
Greeting All
the battery pack of 24V10AH is made by 7cells of 10.5AH,the single cell of dimension is 8.2*126*110mm,
the batterypack of 36V15Ah is also made by 10cells 15.5Ah,the price is $388/set(with bms,on including charger),and the 37V20Ah'S price is $492(with bms,on including charger),
I will now teach you a new English "word":

OOOOOOOooooooOOOoooOOOOOoooOO

(I like your battery price and size options!)

I will PM you for more information. I think you have a new customer!

Thank you!

Reid

I think I'd most like the 36V/20AH.
Perhaps it will fit here in place of the now-returned BatterySpace 8Ah pack.

What size would the box be? Dimensions?

The original SLA box is 105mm x 105mm x 360mm.
So, there is much space here for a battery pack.

:)
thanks!

The size is perfect. Thanks.

Here is good humor now; I'll create a POEM for you,
in honor of your work and services.

Many people pay me :lol: money for this; :wink:
they pay me money to not write them a poem :lol:
I don't know why. Here is your poem.
It is....

for aiicsu

Some poems
are like old batteries
made with acid and from lead.

It won't accept much charge,
this poem,
so I'll send it off China,
for good will, and for a friend,
to remake a better way;

like the life he builds his way
for adventures and excitement;

all of which does surely serve
to awake A Sleeping Giant.

Cheers,
Reid

Reid Welch said:
Many people pay me :lol: money for this; :wink:
they pay me money to not write them a poem :lol:
I don't know why. Here is your poem.
It is....

Don't get your hopes up too high for getting a free battery.

Just when i think Reid canot be any weirder... he surpasses all expectations.

In a world of black and white, isn't it refreshing to have people out in some other distant portion of the EM spectrum, unseen and unappreciated by most of us myopes?

Back