That boys is how its done
I love carbon its so dam pretty
Stealth bomber owner 138 livin the dream

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Aug 27 2015 10:36pm

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceEbi ... page_panel

Hey guys, Hyena were tossing around some ideas about a universal social media location on Facebook for highend ebikes. So Hyena created the Performance Ebikes Anonymous page which I am an associate. Anyway we are inviting everyone to check it out and friend us. It a work in progress and is another way to fuel all of our passions for Ebikes. Think of it as a support group for all of us ebike junkies.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Aug 27 2015 11:49pm

I know you guys probably get tired of hearing this, but it's hard to contain myself. My Bomber is greatest bike I've ever owned. Greater than my 1964 Honda S90. Greater than my 1969 Honda CL175K3. Greater than my 1974 Norton Commando 850. Greater than my 1977 Moto Guzzi Le Manns 850. Greater then my 1988 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200 (previous record holder). Greater than my 1997 Harley Davidson FLHRI Road King. And greater than my 2001 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200

So why is my Bomber the greatest? Because although some of them came close, none of them gave me the feeling of exhilaration I get riding down the street, flying my streamers in traffic at 45 to 50 mph with only the sound of my tires, and the wind blowing past my ears. It feels light as a feather. It feels like the future, only now. I try to duck my head down out of the wind to hear a sound, but there's nothing to hear. It always amazes me. There's no explosions happening. No fire, No smoke. No vibration. It's magnetic. It's still hard for me to believe it can do this.

And there's the fact that this moose is so strong. No matter what I do, it always feels like it's just loafing along. It never seems to get hot. It never strains a muscle. It never breaks down. It only costs 12 cents to charge it. It never complains about anything. There's nothing else like it. It's so worth to me, what it costs. I'm so glad I bought it.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 28 2015 1:01am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:I know you guys probably get tired of hearing this, but it's hard to contain myself. My Bomber is greatest bike I've ever owned. Greater than my 1964 Honda S90. Greater than my 1969 Honda CL175K3. Greater than my 1974 Norton Commando 850. Greater than my 1977 Moto Guzzi Le Manns 850. Greater then my 1988 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200 (previous record holder). Greater than my 1997 Harley Davidson FLHRI Road King. And greater than my 2001 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200

So why is my Bomber the greatest? Because although some of them came close, none of them gave me the feeling of exhilaration I get riding down the street, flying my streamers in traffic at 45 to 50 mph with only the sound of my tires, and the wind blowing past my ears. It feels light as a feather. It feels like the future, only now. I try to duck my head down out of the wind to hear a sound, but there's nothing to hear. It always amazes me. There's no explosions happening. No fire, No smoke. No vibration. It's magnetic. It's still hard for me to believe it can do this.

And there's the fact that this moose is so strong. No matter what I do, it always feels like it's just loafing along. It never seems to get hot. It never strains a muscle. It never breaks down. It only costs 12 cents to charge it. It never complains about anything. There's nothing else like it. It's so worth to me, what it costs. I'm so glad I bought it.
Yah TV, I know the feeling. Went for a ride today, will be making another video. Its going to be a little different then my other videos, some slow riding in it amongst other unique stuff. Like you said, I have no regrets on the Bomber and Fighter.

ezza   1 W

1 W

Post by ezza » Aug 28 2015 2:44am

Well said TV! I agree wholeheartedly. Loving my Bomber. Just wish I had a fighter too. :lol:

That kickstand is gorgeous. You even made an Alu mould for it. So nice!!

With regards to a trailer I tow the kids around on a tagalong. They are constantly hassling me for a ride. You can see in the pick how it attaches to the seatpost. Works brilliantly, even in the rough stuff.
Attachments
Brooms head bike ride 173 (800x533).jpg

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Aug 28 2015 7:43am

Theodore Voltaire wrote: It never seems to get hot.
My stock Bomber motor 5403 became very hot last Sunday while hill climbing at low speed a very steep hill. I reached 122 °C and then I had to get down in normal mode (2kW max) and pedal a lot to keep on climbing :mrgreen: So an e-bike can also be strenuous to ride in certain situations :D

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Aug 28 2015 9:36am

bigbore wrote:
Theodore Voltaire wrote: It never seems to get hot.
My stock Bomber motor 5403 became very hot last Sunday while hill climbing at low speed a very steep hill. I reached 122 °C and then I had to get down in normal mode (2kW max) and pedal a lot to keep on climbing :mrgreen: So an e-bike can also be strenuous to ride in certain situations :D
That's because Bomber's make better street bikes than dirt bikes. That's not a very popular concept here, I know, but it's the truth. The problem with that is most places won't allow it. Luckily for me, Texas isn't one of them.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Aug 28 2015 10:19am

We've had outsiders come into this thread and make fun of the looks of our Monocoque frame, but if they knew the genius of this type of frame design they wouldn't be laughing. This type of frame is perfect for an electric bicycle because it not only provides a safe place to hide the battery, but it's one of the most lightweight, and ridged designs ever conceived.

Every time I ride my bike, I'm amazed at how a bike as fast, and lightweight as a Bomber, can be so sure footed going fast on bumpy streets with my 230 lbs of weight on it. I'm twice as much as the bike. I can't detect any flexing at all between the front, and rear wheels. Any bike this strong weighs more than twice as much. Lightweight, and strong makes for a very good bike every time, but isn't easy to achieve. Many large factory's with nearly unlimited resources have tried and failed to find the complete package that Stealth has found. Anyone can make a bike go fast, but making a fast bike that handles well is an entirely different story, and much more difficult. That's why when you look around at all the other bikes like a Stealth, there aren't any.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 28 2015 1:26pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:[

That's because Bomber's make better street bikes than dirt bikes. That's not a very popular concept here, I know, but it's the truth. The problem with that is most places won't allow it. Luckily for me, Texas isn't one of them.
You know TV, it just became apparent to me, that no matter how many times we go round and round about the Bomber's and Fighter's offroad capabilities, we will never agree. Doesn't matter how many offroad videos I make, us agreeing these machines being better offroad then on is not going to happen :lol: . I will leave it at that.

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Aug 29 2015 1:47am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:My Bomber is greatest bike I've ever owned. Greater than my 1964 Honda S90. Greater than my 1969 Honda CL175K3. Greater than my 1974 Norton Commando 850. Greater than my 1977 Moto Guzzi Le Manns 850. Greater then my 1988 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200 (previous record holder). Greater than my 1997 Harley Davidson FLHRI Road King. And greater than my 2001 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200
Wow. That is some serious bike cred.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Aug 29 2015 9:55am

Rix wrote:

You know TV, it just became apparent to me, that no matter how many times we go round and round about the Bomber's and Fighter's offroad capabilities, we will never agree. Doesn't matter how many offroad videos I make, us agreeing these machines being better offroad then on is not going to happen :lol: . I will leave it at that.
As long as we can all ride where we like to ride it matters little.

Archer   10 W

10 W

Post by Archer » Aug 29 2015 10:57am

Hi TV,

Hey what bikes are those your parked with in your posted pic? I couldnt quite make out the name on em.

Have you ridden any of em by chance?

Thanks Tim.

Ottodog   100 W

100 W

Post by Ottodog » Aug 29 2015 2:15pm

Archer wrote:Hi TV,

Hey what bikes are those your parked with in your posted pic? I couldnt quite make out the name on em.

Have you ridden any of em by chance?

Thanks Tim.
Those are the infamous Sondors e-bikes. Crowdfunded project that went viral. Google Sondors e-bike and you'll get all you'd ever want to know.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 30 2015 12:59am

As long as we can all ride where we like to ride it matters little.

_zps0scajsri.jpg[/img][/url]
As the French would say, Touche`

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Aug 30 2015 3:43pm

Hyena, do you sell a replacement battery pack as a drop in replacement for a 2014 Fighter battery? I'm looking for an economical upgrade of my original battery which still works very well but only holds 950 Wh.

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Aug 30 2015 3:51pm

Rix, What's your favorite 24x3" front MTB tire? For mixed terrain varying from sand to loam to clay hard pack to loose rocks. The Razorback seems OK. But I presume you know all the options out there.

Must be 2.75 or wider. Don't care about on-road performance. Online purchase option. Front only. My SR241 rear (thank you) with Tubliss has performed brilliantly since day one.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 30 2015 4:56pm

Emmett wrote:Rix, What's your favorite 24x3" front MTB tire? For mixed terrain varying from sand to loam to clay hard pack to loose rocks. The Razorback seems OK. But I presume you know all the options out there.

Must be 2.75 or wider. Don't care about on-road performance. Online purchase option. Front only. My SR241 rear (thank you) with Tubliss has performed brilliantly since day one.
We have limited options for front tires in the 24MTB size. Either they are really sucky and cheap like Walmart crap, or they are mostly sold out. The one tire I really liked was made by Arrow racing, it was the Arrow Prime Bite 2.75x24 in the harder compound. This tire hooked up better than the Razorback and lasted longer for me on the rear than the Razorback when I ran them on my Bomber before going to the moto wheel. Its a good all around tire. I would definitely run this on the front if I could get more of them. http://www.arrowracing.com/home.html Also the 24x3 Felt Bermaster is a good all arounder. It doesn't do anything great, but just about everything good. I don't ride in wet weather, because we don't get much, but I heard that they suck on wet pavement. Think it was CD that noted that. There are other tires that folks have tried, I think they are too small for what I need though.

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Re: Front tires

Post by Emmett » Aug 30 2015 6:44pm

Thanks Rix.

I see some bad reviews on various Arrow brand tires (durability issues). Makes me feel safer going a Razorback again. The Duro Razorback wears quite fast on harsh ground, but it's performance is nicely predictable on most types of dirt. Extra $ for safety is usually a wise thing.

The BermMaster 24x3 is cheap at $25. What's the rubber compound like in terms of softness? Looks like it'd need to be a soft rubber with that style of tread pattern. If soft rubber then it might be good value for dry weather.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2015/Pa ... -Tire.aspx

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Aug 30 2015 6:56pm

That berm master look awfully slippery even for a little bit of off roading.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Aug 30 2015 7:13pm

Rix wrote:I heard that they suck on wet pavement. Think it was CD that noted that
Yeah that pretty much goes without saying! Likewise wooden boardwalks and bridges if you ever find yourself on those and the painted lines / crossings on the roads too. I can't afford to come off any more so I'm overly cautious in these situations these days.
If you want to corner on wet pavement you'd be better off removing the rubber and using the rim as ice skate like blades :P

The berm masters are OK for general trail riding and their extra volume is good if you need to plow through some sandy stuff. I was running one on the rear when racing on a kart track too and they held on pretty well. Either way, sadly you won't get them in AU for $25.

As an aside, I've recently built up a bike with 241s front and rear and was surprised to find I had no more front end grip than the 24" and 26" mtb tyres I'd been running on previous bikes. When I threw the bike around on my local trails I found it washed out and slid in the same places my others did, which surprised me. Still, if nothing else they're more puncture resistant and look cool :)
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Aug 30 2015 7:31pm

I think I'm quite sensitive to having a predictable front end on dirt. I love the SR241 on the rear. It's transformed my bike and given me far greater riding opportunities and confidence to push it. But I don't feel a need for something heavier like the SR241 on the front. The Razorback can do a lot, on the front. OK it's not so great on hard surfaces (knobs roll), but in most terrain types the big gains come from a good fork with suitable suspension adjustments to either end of the bike. The light weight MTB front wheel is also very useful for lofting the front over nasty things at speed with little time to react. But I had to ask Rix about other options besides the Razorback. As well all know, the 24" size aint very common, and a 26" wheel wont fit.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Aug 30 2015 10:04pm

Emmett wrote:As well all know, the 24" size aint very common, and a 26" wheel wont fit.
You can run a 26" wheel up front, with the expected minor changes to the geometry. I had one on my old fighter for a while and use them on my other bikes currently. As you said, the lighter front wheel is nice and you have to be riding like a real maniac to need the extra strength of a moto rim up front.
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Aug 31 2015 12:32am

Hyena wrote:You can run a 26" wheel up front, with the expected minor changes to the geometry.
Thanks for the insight Hyena. But my poor choice of words to say "won't fit". For my usage I still doubt I could make a 26 front MTB wheel work. I'm open to thoughts. This is my logic ...

Obviously the chosen tyre has to clear the frame and controller on a full compression stroke, else I'm going over the bars in a hurry. My forks can at present be slid down just 7mm in the triples. Even if that extra 7mm was enough for the tyre clearance, I'd have to raise the rear the same amount to retain chassis balance in corners. 7mm of sag is actually a very substantial change if riding fast corners.

My current shock has as much spring preload as I want to dial into it without giving up lots of rear traction and control over bumps. Rider sag lets the tyre stay in contact with the ground. So to raise the rear 7mm or more, I'd need a longer shock, which is also possible, but then the dropped down swingarm angle will probably have other side effects on rear suspension. So all up, I'm thinking I'm better off buying lots more Razorback front tires.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 31 2015 12:59am

Allex wrote:That berm master look awfully slippery even for a little bit of off roading.
Don't tell my dad that, he swears by Bermaster on the front and the 2.75-19 SR241 on the rear. He will never run any other combo. :lol:

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 31 2015 1:08am

Emmett wrote:I think I'm quite sensitive to having a predictable front end on dirt. I love the SR241 on the rear. It's transformed my bike and given me far greater riding opportunities and confidence to push it. But I don't feel a need for something heavier like the SR241 on the front. The Razorback can do a lot, on the front. OK it's not so great on hard surfaces (knobs roll), but in most terrain types the big gains come from a good fork with suitable suspension adjustments to either end of the bike. The light weight MTB front wheel is also very useful for lofting the front over nasty things at speed with little time to react. But I had to ask Rix about other options besides the Razorback. As well all know, the 24" size aint very common, and a 26" wheel wont fit.
I know you are, more so than most, including me. That writing is on the wall with your suspension setup. The best overall 24" MTB tire on currently made is the Duro Razorback. The Razorback is a harder tire with a 60A durometer rating. That said the Duro wild Life Leopard is identical to the Razorback, except its made with a softer compound 47A durometer . I tried this tire on the rear of my old Bomber, got 215 miles out of it. Got about 100 miles more out of the Razorbacks. So you may want to look at this tire if offroad traction is your primary concern. http://www.municycle.com.au/catalogue/U ... t_id=Tyres