E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Dec 02 2015 12:07pm

PRW wrote:
Rix wrote:I have been to Dubai, its way more modern than most people would imagine. More modern than any of the US cities I have been to. Dare I say "futuristic" That said, when I was over there, I missed Italy and the US alot. I can understand why you miss Perth. Great video, thanks for making and posting.
thanks Rix. yes, Dubai is surreal in terms of buildings, cars, wealth - amazing place.

I may have the possibility of actually moving to San Francisco early next year - only a possibility at this stage, long way to go. Here's hoping! The idea of riding around in your National Parks...
If you get over to Frisco, we will hook up for a ride. The half way point between there and where I live is the west side of Lake Tahoe. Lots of riding.

robohead   100 W

100 W

Post by robohead » Dec 02 2015 1:46pm

PRW wrote:I may have the possibility of actually moving to San Francisco early next year - only a possibility at this stage, long way to go. Here's hoping! The idea of riding around in your National Parks...
Good luck. Lots of people moving from the Bay due to the rental crisis. Be prepared to shell out the equiv of buying a bomber every 2-3 months.

PRW   10 kW

10 kW

Post by PRW » Dec 02 2015 3:04pm

Rix wrote:
If you get over to Frisco, we will hook up for a ride. The half way point between there and where I live is the west side of Lake Tahoe. Lots of riding.
Excellent, sounds great. I hope I get an offer!

PRW   10 kW

10 kW

Post by PRW » Dec 02 2015 3:08pm

robohead wrote: Good luck. Lots of people moving from the Bay due to the rental crisis. Be prepared to shell out the equiv of buying a bomber every 2-3 months.
Yip, I had a look- rentals seem extreme. It would be closer to Silicon Valley, but rentals don't seem much better there. Looking forward to possibly being a "legal alien" - never knew what Sting was singing about until now!

Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Dec 02 2015 7:34pm

And me in Fremont near San Fran perhaps, that's a turnup for the books PRW!
I opened those batteries of your up for forensics BTW - will send you an email.
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 02 2015 8:48pm

robohead wrote:
PRW wrote:I may have the possibility of actually moving to San Francisco early next year - only a possibility at this stage, long way to go. Here's hoping! The idea of riding around in your National Parks...
Good luck. Lots of people moving from the Bay due to the rental crisis. Be prepared to shell out the equiv of buying a bomber every 2-3 months.
Hey, thats why you got East Oakland. More affordable. But, you still may be shelling out the equivalent of a Bomber every 2-3 months to replace your stolen Bombers :lol:

robohead   100 W

100 W

Post by robohead » Dec 02 2015 11:47pm

Rix wrote:Hey, thats why you got East Oakland. More affordable. But, you still may be shelling out the equivalent of a Bomber every 2-3 months to replace your stolen Bombers :lol:
Probably.. But even in East Oaktown people are paying $1500-2500 according to zillow.com

After my rent went up to $3400 in San Mateo, I moved down to Sunnyvale for $2700 that went up to $3200 2 years later. After that hike, I knew it was sadly time to leave the bay. But the best part is I'm working remote for a consulting agency in San Jose here in Oregon making SV wages, giving me the ability to get a new bomber in rent savings every year if needed.

Speaking off, anything new on the market made here in the states yet worth a sh*t ?

PRW   10 kW

10 kW

Post by PRW » Dec 03 2015 12:35am

Samd wrote:And me in Fremont near San Fran perhaps, that's a turnup for the books PRW!
I opened those batteries of your up for forensics BTW - will send you an email.
Hey Sam, that would be great - very funny if it actually comes off! We could visit that place in Yosemite where Hyena almost stacked it - personally, I think my grandmother could have taken that corner, but that's just me... :D :D
Rix wrote:Hey, thats why you got East Oakland. More affordable. But, you still may be shelling out the equivalent of a Bomber every 2-3 months to replace your stolen Bombers :lol:
haha - :D - will have to watch out!
robohead wrote:Probably.. But even in East Oaktown people are paying $1500-2500 according to zillow.com

After my rent went up to $3400 in San Mateo, I moved down to Sunnyvale for $2700 that went up to $3200 2 years later. After that hike, I knew it was sadly time to leave the bay. But the best part is I'm working remote for a consulting agency in San Jose here in Oregon making SV wages, giving me the ability to get a new bomber in rent savings every year if needed.
Zillow was what I used to have a look at how little there was that was suitable, in a sensible budget range - how far is Portola National Park/ La Honda realistically in the traffic from SV? Nice to work in a cheaper place...

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 03 2015 2:37am

robohead wrote:[
Speaking off, anything new on the market made here in the states yet worth a sh*t ?
HPC has their Revolution Ebike. Made of aluminum, 80 pounds 6 kw, killed 3 stones with 1 bird and blah blah blah. Problem is, in the past I have referred people to them for plug-n-ride options as building your own pack isn't a task for noobs. Every person I know has had problems with the HPC stuff. Korpin on the Phasor thread had HPC handle the assembly of his Phasor. First 18 months he had it, nothing but problems. Then when Korpin finally sorted out all of the issues, he sold his Phasor. HPC can build good stuff, question is, how many times will it take them?

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Dec 03 2015 7:53am

Rix wrote:
HPC has their Revolution Ebike. Made of aluminum, 80 pounds 6 kw, killed 3 stones with 1 bird and blah blah blah. Problem is, in the past I have referred people to them for plug-n-ride options as building your own pack isn't a task for noobs. Every person I know has had problems with the HPC stuff. Korpin on the Phasor thread had HPC handle the assembly of his Phasor. First 18 months he had it, nothing but problems. Then when Korpin finally sorted out all of the issues, he sold his Phasor. HPC can build good stuff, question is, how many times will it take them?
If HPC was the last electric bike company in the world, I'd go back to gas bikes.

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Dec 03 2015 11:52am

I'm from gas dirt bikes :D :mrgreen:
This post is to inform all of you that my Bomber in dirt bike mode is fast almost as it was mi Suzuki DR 350 15 years ago. This is true in the narrow trails I have around home.
Now that my rear spring is much more pre loaded than wen I started riding the bike and the Domino throttle gives me a very smooth power delivery the Bomber is super fast and the most fun dirt bike I've ever rode.
The only downside is that at 10KW the stock 5403 hub motor reach 125°C in few minutes (Max-e mosfets at 40°C) of hard bashing and fortunately the Max-e controller lower the power to the motor.
But my new motor should solve the problem .... at least I hope so :mrgreen: I'm waiting for a QS 205 30*4T 11.5 kv that I will lace to a Holmes MMP 19X1.6 MC rim that is coming too :D

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Dec 03 2015 2:04pm

bigbore wrote:I'm from gas dirt bikes :D :mrgreen:
This post is to inform all of you that my Bomber in dirt bike mode is fast almost as it was mi Suzuki DR 350 15 years ago. This is true in the narrow trails I have around home.
Now that my rear spring is much more pre loaded than wen I started riding the bike and the Domino throttle gives me a very smooth power delivery the Bomber is super fast and the most fun dirt bike I've ever rode.
The only downside is that at 10KW the stock 5403 hub motor reach 125°C in few minutes (Max-e mosfets at 40°C) of hard bashing and fortunately the Max-e controller lower the power to the motor.
But my new motor should solve the problem .... at least I hope so :mrgreen: I'm waiting for a QS 205 30*4T 11.5 kv that I will lace to a Holmes MMP 19X1.6 MC rim that is coming too :D
Yeah I know that problem with overheating hubs motors. Not by personal experience but more by videos like a speedtest on a qulbix raptor bike. :)
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 03 2015 2:57pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Rix wrote:
If HPC was the last electric bike company in the world, I'd go back to gas bikes.
Just answering a question, I am a dedicated Stealth/FLX guy myself.
But my new motor should solve the problem .... at least I hope so :mrgreen:
Grande Allesagio, you should considering oil cooling your next hub motor. If done correctly, messiness is very minimal. Emmett has had much success with it on his little H40.
Last edited by Rix on Dec 03 2015 9:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

turbo9111   100 mW

100 mW

Post by turbo9111 » Dec 03 2015 3:20pm

Where can i get the domino throttle ?? is it basically just a plug and play, I've only had my bomber a few weeks and got the modding bug already, just not that into electronics ....

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Dec 03 2015 3:28pm

turbo9111 wrote:
Where can i get the domino throttle ?? is it basically just a plug and play, I've only had my bomber a few weeks and got the modding bug already, just not that into electronics ....
There´s a whole forum topic for the throttle. Just search for it with the search funktion :)

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Dec 04 2015 10:58am

turbo9111 wrote:
This is the thread but it seems sold out : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =9&t=72830

Another option is here: http://www.electricmotorsport.com/domin ... witch.html

This is the wiring I have, but I guess should work with stock Bomber controller also: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 5#p1121567

Athaneco   100 W

100 W

Post by Athaneco » Dec 04 2015 12:20pm

i m working on a frankenstein chop n weld quigley killer kickstand that would cost around 60aud only. spy photos of this masterpiece will be available soon,,

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Dec 05 2015 6:01am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:If HPC was the last electric bike company in the world, I'd go back to gas bikes.
If HPC were the last electric bike company in the world, I'd wake myself up with my own screams of horror, then realise it was just a bad dream and fall asleep again :mrgreen:

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 05 2015 6:43am

Actually the latest ALu frame from HPC look quality made, not mentioning that this Mid drive mod looks bad bass:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 5#p1115553

Jay, I hope you saw a mid drive when you were visiting Stealth ;)

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Dec 05 2015 10:07am

Holy moly this looks really badass..... :O For how much can you buy just the frame??

Mammalian04   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mammalian04 » Dec 06 2015 12:22am

Hey Stealth Guys,

I am trying to find photos of a bike (I think it was Bomber, but MAYBE a fighter) that had footpegs that were welded to a plate. That plate then attached to the side cover bolt holes. This allowed the owner's kid to have footpegs near the front of the frame when sitting on it between the adult and the bars. I remember seeing it for sale on eBay about a year ago but I can't find any trace of it on Stealth forums or eBay. Anyone remember this bike?

I am trying to copy the idea for my raptor and would like to see photos of it again to get some ideas. I just can't find it!

Cheers,

Mammalian

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 06 2015 1:18am

remf wrote:
Theodore Voltaire wrote:If HPC was the last electric bike company in the world, I'd go back to gas bikes.
If HPC were the last electric bike company in the world, I'd wake myself up with my own screams of horror, then realise it was just a bad dream and fall asleep again :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: The truth!

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 06 2015 1:30am

Mammalian04 wrote:Hey Stealth Guys,

I am trying to find photos of a bike (I think it was Bomber, but MAYBE a fighter) that had footpegs that were welded to a plate. That plate then attached to the side cover bolt holes. This allowed the owner's kid to have footpegs near the front of the frame when sitting on it between the adult and the bars. I remember seeing it for sale on eBay about a year ago but I can't find any trace of it on Stealth forums or eBay. Anyone remember this bike?

I am trying to copy the idea for my raptor and would like to see photos of it again to get some ideas. I just can't find it!

Cheers,

Mammalian
Please find that pic and mod and post it here. I have never seen or heard of that.

turbo9111   100 mW

100 mW

Post by turbo9111 » Dec 07 2015 1:39am

Thanks for the help with the Domino throttle guys.....

Brute   100 W

100 W

Post by Brute » Dec 08 2015 6:20am

Athaneco wrote:i m working on a frankenstein chop n weld quigley killer kickstand that would cost around 60aud only. spy photos of this masterpiece will be available soon,,
I`d like to see this . I`ve gotta get off my ar$e and make one .