E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your Ebike creation here.
Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Mar 16 2016 1:44pm

FL bomber wrote:Traffic relief no fumes spitting in people's face no heat coming off tail pipe ridiculous fun commuting to work can be best part of your day! Thanks stealth forgiven people with no mechanical skills or electrical knowledge the means to be able to rip around town
Well said, Stealth got me into ebikes, just like it did you from what it sounds like, I sold all but one of my motorcycles to bank roll by Stealth Bomber and Fighter. No regrets.

PRW   10 kW

10 kW

Post by PRW » Mar 16 2016 2:59pm

Rix wrote:
Kepler wrote:
Theodore Voltaire wrote:I think the point was, if this keeps up in Australia, they'll take it away. I got bad news, they already took it away a long time ago when they got your guns without a fight.
Yep the US has it all worked out out when it comes to gun laws.
Here is another statistic, remove Chicago, Detroit, Los Angles, and New York from this, and the US becomes the 6th lowest gun violence county in the world. What makes it funny is these cities have the toughest gun laws in the US. Ironically, our least densely populated state, Alaska has the highest rates death by gun rates of any state in our country. But because Alaska is so sparsely populated, they could have 9 homicides a year and detroit can have over 300 and be considered less violent.

Another funny stat is the number of homicides committed with firearms and how its reported. Most statistics for death related reports caused by firearms also include officer involved shootings and self defense shootings. I think the stats should only report, "Murder" rates by guns and not "Homicides" rates by guns as homicides can be justifiable. An example of Justifiable homicide....Two guys break into my house with intent on harming me and stealing my shit, so I shoot them both dead in self defense. The killing of one or more humans by another human/s is homicide, but under the scenario I presented, the killing for self defense purposes is justified. Another scenario that happens alot, actually daily across this country is officer involved shootings. When officers shoot a perp, it for self defense or the defense of others. But for reporting purposes, a firearm was used in a homicide. Anyway you can't go off charts and conclude that an accurate reflection of murder committed with guns. Here is a scary number, border killings and murders on the Mexico side of the Border since September of 2001, over 40,000 people. US Soldiers, Sailors, and Contractors, and citizens, killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since September 11, 2001, just under 7000 people.
as you point out Rix, statistics (and particularly gun statistics) are very dangerous to quote.
All I can say is: I used to live in a country where guns were freely available, and likely to be required at any stage - I used to carry one on me all the time, and had to use it on occasions. Moving to Australia - the sense of not requiring a gun... a real relief.

FL bomber   100 W

100 W

Post by FL bomber » Mar 16 2016 3:03pm

Hi fellow stealth Riders I'm in need for some information I've read all throughout ES on different Motors mxusv3 ,qs205v2 or v3 or tc4080. Compatibility with stock bomber controller battery cav3 3.0 and fit ie room for phase wires exiting axel between disc brake. Or should I just order 5403 from stealth. Please help a noob make decision, commuting on A2B Metro and public transportation train sucks. Much thanks

fsmuggen   10 W

10 W

Post by fsmuggen » Mar 16 2016 3:07pm

I just want to share something that just happend to me. I got a new schwalbe crazy bob on my rear rim.. Totaly I have done around 30km on the tire when it popped of the rim while I was biking..
I was going less than 25kph so no damage was done. This could have been a serious case at high speed..
turned out that the wire was snapped on one side of the tire, I don't want this to happen again..
pic from inside tire..
20160315_215606.jpg

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Mar 16 2016 3:29pm

FL bomber wrote:Hi fellow stealth Riders I'm in need for some information I've read all throughout ES on different Motors mxusv3 ,qs205v2 or v3 or tc4080. Compatibility with stock bomber controller battery cav3 3.0 and fit ie room for phase wires exiting axel between disc brake. Or should I just order 5403 from stealth. Please help a noob make decision, commuting on A2B Metro and public transportation train sucks. Much thanks
QS 205 EXTRA V3 8)

NoFanBoiz   100 W

100 W

Post by NoFanBoiz » Mar 16 2016 3:35pm

Rix wrote:US Soldiers, Sailors, and Contractors, and citizens, killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since September 11, 2001, just under 7000 people.
Hey Rix, I'm positive you would also be aware of the CIVILIAN death rate in those countries, but for those that are unaware, since the US and allies invaded both countries -

Estimates of the casualties from the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (beginning with the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, and the ensuing occupation and insurgency) have come in many forms, and the accuracy of the information available on different types of Iraq War casualties varies greatly.
Various scientific surveys of Iraqi deaths resulting from the first four years of the Iraq War estimated that between 151,000 to over one million Iraqis died as a result of conflict during this time.

During the war in Afghanistan (2001–present), over 26,000 civilian deaths due to war-related violence have been documented;[1] 29,900 civilians have been wounded.[1] Over 91,000 Afghans, including civilians, soldiers and militants, are recorded to have been killed in the conflict, and the number who have died through indirect causes related to the war may include an additional 360,000 people.[1] These numbers do not include those who have died in Pakistan.

Source: wikipedia

Should have left them alone. Apart from the huge loss of civilian life, it made a sesspool and the breeding ground for ISIS/ISIL, which many countries, including those not involved in the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, now have to deal with.

robohead   100 W

100 W

Post by robohead » Mar 16 2016 4:10pm

bigbore wrote:
FL bomber wrote:Hi fellow stealth Riders I'm in need for some information I've read all throughout ES on different Motors mxusv3 ,qs205v2 or v3 or tc4080. Compatibility with stock bomber controller battery cav3 3.0 and fit ie room for phase wires exiting axel between disc brake. Or should I just order 5403 from stealth. Please help a noob make decision, commuting on A2B Metro and public transportation train sucks. Much thanks
QS 205 EXTRA V3 8)
I'm half tempted to toss my bombers controller and stock motor on an old A2B I have sitting in the kitchen after I get the NYX, and go for the 205 on the bomber now that you have it worked out most of the kinks.

1abv   10 kW

10 kW

Post by 1abv » Mar 16 2016 4:44pm

Seriously guys?? posting about IRAQ now??? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!! WTF????!!! How long is this rant about BS that has nothing to do with our bikes gonna go???? If we are going to rant can we please for the love of F-ing god get back to ranting about how great our bikes are, how badd ass riders we are and how all other ebikes suck!!!???!!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Mar 16 2016 5:33pm

Ariderslife wrote:Seeing kids try and wheelie 5,000 watt+ ebikes scares me
Yeah I've had more than one experienced dirt bike rider end up flat on his back after testing my bikes and trying to wheelie it. The instant torque is a different kettle of fish and as you say it's a recipe for disaster in the hands of kids.
Kepler wrote:Yep the US has it all worked out out when it comes to gun laws.
You can't argue gun laws with a Texan Kep :lol:
Anyway yeah lets give the whole gun thing a rest, I didnt mean to open a can of worms, it was just an example about the Aussie govt blanket banning things once there's a media stink.
Rodney64 wrote:My plans to register my Flux
I've thought about the same myself a number of times Rod. I arrived at the conclusion that it'd be much easier (and cheaper!) to convert and existing light weight motorcycle. That said in very small volumes as "individually constructed vehicles" it's easier than going through the full and very expensive full ADR testing. It would be very cool to be able to ride your ebike proudly down the middle of the road without fear of getting pinched. I remember thinking that the first time I rode a zero in the US "how cool is this, casually riding around in traffic on a big ebike" :)
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Ariderslife   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Ariderslife » Mar 16 2016 6:42pm

Kepler wrote:
robohead wrote:
Ariderslife wrote:so yes in a way i do see peoples point of view when they blame me for posting wheelie videos.
Fk that man. Keep riding it like you stole it. No one article is going to ruin the world wide fun.
Words of wisdom. Hopefully it's not your wife and kid that gets mowed down by some expert on a shared bike path doing 80kph.
I never said i was "some expert" mate.

contain your accusations and nip picking.
Make wheelies, not War!

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 16 2016 6:49pm

Man I thought we had it bad here in USA...aussie law seems NANNIE STATE.... sorry mates.
sucka free since 1968

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 16 2016 8:47pm

NoFanBoiz wrote:
Rix wrote:US Soldiers, Sailors, and Contractors, and citizens, killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since September 11, 2001, just under 7000 people.
Hey Rix, I'm positive you would also be aware of the CIVILIAN death rate in those countries, but for those that are unaware, since the US and allies invaded both countries -

Estimates of the casualties from the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (beginning with the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, and the ensuing occupation and insurgency) have come in many forms, and the accuracy of the information available on different types of Iraq War casualties varies greatly.
Various scientific surveys of Iraqi deaths resulting from the first four years of the Iraq War estimated that between 151,000 to over one million Iraqis died as a result of conflict during this time.

During the war in Afghanistan (2001–present), over 26,000 civilian deaths due to war-related violence have been documented;[1] 29,900 civilians have been wounded.[1] Over 91,000 Afghans, including civilians, soldiers and militants, are recorded to have been killed in the conflict, and the number who have died through indirect causes related to the war may include an additional 360,000 people.[1] These numbers do not include those who have died in Pakistan.

Source: wikipedia

Should have left them alone. Apart from the huge loss of civilian life, it made a sesspool and the breeding ground for ISIS/ISIL, which many countries, including those not involved in the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, now have to deal with.
This the truth. The numbers I was referencing were strictly Americans, but if you add up all coalition forces, terrorist and civilians in all the Stans and Iraq, way way higher. I don't know what they are excatly, but what you posted sounds legit. Another example of this is US service Member in Vietnam killed were over 59,000, however, VC and sympathizer, over 2 million. Don't even get me started on WWII, I don't even know, but between US and Allied Forces, Japan and Germany, the western pacific and Europe, and the genocide that took place, 10-15 million easy is my guess.
Anyway yeah lets give the whole gun thing a rest
Well said Jay, I will shut up now.

JumperJackFlash   100 W

100 W

Post by JumperJackFlash » Mar 16 2016 8:53pm

Bigbore,

Do you recommend 9kv for QS205V3?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 16 2016 8:55pm

1abv wrote:Seriously guys?? posting about IRAQ now??? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!! WTF????!!! How long is this rant about BS that has nothing to do with our bikes gonna go???? If we are going to rant can we please for the love of F-ing god get back to ranting about how great our bikes are, how badd ass riders we are and how all other ebikes suck!!!???!!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

Yah, off topic as hell, I will take responsibility for that. Apologies to all. Shifting gears here.
Rodney64 wrote:
My plans to register my Flux
So Dlogic went this route on one of his ebikes in Germany. Martin's concern was if he got into something, he wanted his hi powered ebicycle legal. One of the guys here quoted that the way the law was in NSW Australia, even with the key out of the ignition and pedaling the bike under human power only was a violation in this part of Australia. I thought that's why Stealth offered the ability to toggle back and forth on the DC1 between street legal mode and competition mode on the fly. Whats the deal?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 16 2016 8:56pm

fsmuggen wrote:I just want to share something that just happend to me. I got a new schwalbe crazy bob on my rear rim.. Totaly I have done around 30km on the tire when it popped of the rim while I was biking..
I was going less than 25kph so no damage was done. This could have been a serious case at high speed..
turned out that the wire was snapped on one side of the tire, I don't want this to happen again..
pic from inside tire..
20160315_215606.jpg
Thats just strange, at least you didn't get your tube poked. You play the lottery?

White Knight   100 mW

100 mW

Post by White Knight » Mar 16 2016 9:26pm

fsmuggen wrote:
I just want to share something that just happend to me. I got a new schwalbe crazy bob on my rear rim.. Totaly I have done around 30km on the tire when it popped of the rim while I was biking..
pic from inside tire..

Speaking of tyre woes I had two rear wheel blow outs on the weekend, both my fault.
First one because I let the tyre pressure get below 30 psi and hit a sharp obstacle resulting in a pinch flat. Second one was another pinch flat at 65kph on smooth terrain due to an undersized tube ( 24 x 1.75/2.25 ) as it was the only spare available at short notice. Sounds scary but not so bad at the time. Both tubes were repairable on the road with basic tools without having to take the wheel off. I am wondering if your tyre problems were the result of the tyre not being seated properly, I always have to check the tyre bead when inflating to ensure the fit as I have seen one come off before due to poor seating.
Regarding riding your stealth like you stole it, all for it. The question is down to where and when. That's why they're called a stealth.

Theodore Voltaire   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 16 2016 11:23pm

Earlier today I was riding my other eBike through the disk golf course, with a friend that came to visit me from out of town. My friend brought his ebike so we could ride together. It was already unusual enough just having someone else to ride with on an eBike, but then as we're riding along, I spotted another eBike parked in the grass by the side of the trail. That almost never happens. The owner was like a giant. As soon as I realized it was an eBike I turned around and raced up to him. I said, hey that's an eBike, who let scum like you in here? Then we laughed about it, because probably everyone in sight was armed.

It turned out he was Phil Pozderac, ex defensive lineman from the Cowboy's football team in the 80s. He's in his 50s now. That's my friend Robert standing next to him. Phil was riding a home build, that he said he built. Don't worry I got pictures. It's some huge ass beach cruiser with a 1000w kit motor. He said it was 52v. He's got the biggest seat I think you're ever going to see on an eBike.

I ask him if he's heard of Stealth, and said he has, but they're too little for him.

10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 16 2016 11:31pm

One thing I didn't like about his bike was, his big ass tires made our big ass tires look little.
Last edited by Theodore Voltaire on Mar 17 2016 1:01am, edited 1 time in total.

QuietRush   100 W

100 W
Location: Central Coast + Hunter regions, NSW and ACT (occasionally)

Post by QuietRush » Mar 17 2016 12:17am

He's a big'n alright, would make a Stealth look like a toy.

I'm not going to buy into the whole 'guns r great' thread, but did want to post this note from a currently active court case (reported on here: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-r ... nl6rh.html), arising from a recent wheelie misadventure for a trail bike rider: "Defence barrister Stewart Bayles said the appropriate characterisation of the incident was that Sheen's criminality lay in his gross negligence when he deliberately rode the trailbike in close proximity to a pedestrian".

The standard we walk past and say nothing about is the standard we accept. I like my action sports every bit as much as the next rider, have ridden my share of DH world cup circuits and XC/Enduro circuits. I'm also still actively involved in creating a great new local state championship grade BMX track for our area. All of those require rider/pedestrian separation controls. In short, I care about creating and sustaining great riding experiences, for the longer term. Riding like only the short term moment matters will just give you a short term bit of fun. With great power, comes great responsibility, etc..my views as a Dealer won't necessarily always align with those of owners, as I'm in the eBike thing for the longer term and have my fair share of skin in the game.

Now, back to our previously scheduled theme about how great Stealth eBikes are..

10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 17 2016 12:54am

QuietRush wrote:He's a big'n alright, would make a Stealth look like a toy.

I'm not going to buy into the whole 'guns r great' thread, but did want to post this note from a currently active court case (reported on here: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-r ... nl6rh.html), arising from a recent wheelie misadventure for a trail bike rider: "Defence barrister Stewart Bayles said the appropriate characterisation of the incident was that Sheen's criminality lay in his gross negligence when he deliberately rode the trailbike in close proximity to a pedestrian".

The standard we walk past and say nothing about is the standard we accept. I like my action sports every bit as much as the next rider, have ridden my share of DH world cup circuits and XC/Enduro circuits. I'm also still actively involved in creating a great new local state championship grade BMX track for our area. All of those require rider/pedestrian separation controls. In short, I care about creating and sustaining great riding experiences, for the longer term. Riding like only the short term moment matters will just give you a short term bit of fun. With great power, comes great responsibility, etc..my views as a Dealer won't necessarily always align with those of owners, as I'm in the eBike thing for the longer term and have my fair share of skin in the game.

Now, back to our previously scheduled theme about how great Stealth eBikes are..
:D :D :D :D :D

I never really heard the term, hoon, before :D . I can't help laughing about it, I don't even know what it means, but I'm pretty sure it's not nice lol. I'm thinking you guys must be the most polite people in the world. If anybody called someone a hoon in Texas, it could turn ugly fast lol. I'm pretty sure after the commotion that would ensue no one would care about the eBike anymore.

Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Mar 17 2016 1:05am

QuietRush wrote:this note from a currently active court case (reported on here: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-r ... nl6rh.html), arising from a recent wheelie misadventure for a trail bike rider: "Defence barrister Stewart Bayles said the appropriate characterisation of the incident was that Sheen's criminality lay in his gross negligence when he deliberately rode the trailbike in close proximity to a pedestrian".
Nice grammar in the title. So the wife was laying in the gutter after being hit by a bike, then saw her husband raking leaves ? :lol:

I get what you're saying, you could easily lose control doing wheelies and badly injure someone. At this risk of getting off topic again, I'm pretty sure these 'coward punch' deaths that have similarly been hot topics in the media haven't been a result of the initial punch, rather the impact when they smash their heads into the concrete. THIS is what could result from clipping someone on a bike. And the older the person the more risk of injury.

Your example sounds more like road rage that happened to involve a bike. What I see there is a provoked attack that ended badly for the person who initiated the attack. Yeah the rider was in the wrong for attacking him at speed and sure the guy didnt deserve to die but we're talking a split second difference between the rake bouncing off his tyre and it going in his spokes, flipping the rider over the handlebars and potentially potentially making him a paraplegic.
How would the headline have read then ?
Man in coma after vigilante pensioner takes traffic law into his own hands
He was a young man just having fun on his dirt bike but what happened next will shock you

OK that's enough playing devils advocate :P
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 17 2016 1:07am

In the context Hoon was used, I think it means Hooligan like. I read the article and replaced Hoon with Hooligan, seemed to work. Hey Aussie guys, whats up? What does "Hoon" mean?

10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 17 2016 1:08am

Hyena wrote:
Ariderslife wrote:
Kepler wrote:Yep the US has it all worked out out when it comes to gun laws.
You can't argue gun laws with a Texan Kep :lol:
This was our flag. Now it like our motto

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 17 2016 1:10am

This is my Flag, always will be.
Attachments
Rix doesn't.jpg
Rix doesn't.jpg (87.01 KiB) Viewed 1793 times

Rodney64   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Mar 17 2016 1:36am

We have hoon laws over here. Someone that drives like an idiot. That's my 17 year old daughters discription, were not aloud to spin the wheel over here maybe its more tolerated elsewhere. And yes hoon, holigan do have the same meaning. I took off like a rocket at the lights, I was on a shared path. A V8 gave chase and not realising that there was a paddy wagon a few cars back. It caused them to look but didnt stop.