E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your Ebike creation here.
Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Jimboyr6 » Mar 24 2016 2:46am

Great vid love people's reactions,haa yes we are an elite bunch
As soon as we go slow people clock the motor etc and the questions just start coming.
Stealth bomber owner 138 livin the dream

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 24 2016 7:35pm

Flux coming along......

sucka free since 1968

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 24 2016 7:41pm

one4torque wrote:Flux coming along......

Whats going on here :?: , you got the wheel on backwards, that the disk brake side on the drive side, you will have the power you need......in reverse :lol:

Okay real world now, love the color, is the machine you are going to use that TC3080 on?

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 24 2016 8:03pm

YUP.... that's the mochine!

Yeah..... that old stealth motor rim is purely for wheeling down my driveway and around the shop UNTIL I get my grubby paws on the newely laced up yami rim and hub motor.

Sidenote - I had to order a tap set to clean up the crank threads. Hit me up if anyone needs to borrow the thread-tool. It's rather exp.

Also the profile crank chain ring came to me bent.... so have to return it.... it's always something silly.
sucka free since 1968

Theodore Voltaire   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Mar 24 2016 8:19pm

one4torque wrote:Flux coming along......

This is the rim for you. I'm fixing to put these on my Bomber. 65mm double wall. I would have gone 80mm but that won't fit the front fork.

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 24 2016 8:50pm

super sexy TV..... I'll have more future rounds of mods...... eventually one of the SB's will get the mega tq motors/cont/batt combo's you guys build...... 10,000 watts... of powa.
I'm still a newb.... so just easing into this hobby with time/money/research....... and newb questions........... and seat time.

got some other fun bits in for the SB's..... and older marzzochi bomber fork it's a little on the heavy side... but it was in very shape and cheap..... also picked up a new rockshox 40 fork in white for the white bomber........ time to play with suspension and hear what all the hoopla is about. ...... compare: marzzochi VS DNM VS RST VS RockSHOX 40........
sucka free since 1968

QuietRush   100 W

100 W
Location: Central Coast + Hunter regions, NSW and ACT (occasionally)

Post by QuietRush » Mar 25 2016 2:22am

Rix wrote:
Cowardlyduck wrote:Hi guy's,
Me and KiwiEV went on an awesome ride up to Thredbo on the weekend. Here's the video, Enjoy:
https://vimeo.com/160083638
As usual, the Vimeo video is better quality if that matters to you. :)

Cheers
Excellent video guys and excellent ambassadorship for Ebikes in general.
Bravo - restrained, respectful, controlled riding. Think that's the first time I've seen someone riding a Stealth in cleats. There's some great tracks down at Thredbo, raced there in early and mid 90s. Next challenge is to find some awesome climbs to tackle, of which there are many..recommend also taking a look at Round Mountain, which is ordinarily a day ride. Good exploration challenge. See http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/sn ... king-track

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Mar 25 2016 4:02am

QuietRush wrote:
Rix wrote:
Cowardlyduck wrote:Hi guy's,
Me and KiwiEV went on an awesome ride up to Thredbo on the weekend. Here's the video, Enjoy:
https://vimeo.com/160083638
As usual, the Vimeo video is better quality if that matters to you. :)

Cheers
Excellent video guys and excellent ambassadorship for Ebikes in general.
Bravo - restrained, respectful, controlled riding. Think that's the first time I've seen someone riding a Stealth in cleats. There's some great tracks down at Thredbo, raced there in early and mid 90s. Next challenge is to find some awesome climbs to tackle, of which there are many..recommend also taking a look at Round Mountain, which is ordinarily a day ride. Good exploration challenge. See http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/sn ... king-track
Thanks mate. :)
I've been riding in cleats on my Fighter for 4+ years now. Wouldn't have it any other way TBH.
I tend to ride on the ragged edge of my abilities, and find that with normal pedals, my feet bounce off them far too often.
I've also been using SPD cleats for so long now that I instinctively release at the first sign of trouble and have never had a crash where I remained clipped in.

A climb up Kosciusko is definitely on the cards....first I need to build that 2.5KW battery to give me enough juice though. :D

Cheers
ebikegarage.com.au - My website
Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.
Cowardlyducks - Videos - Ride videos
BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs - Australia only

White Knight   100 mW

100 mW

Post by White Knight » Mar 25 2016 5:15am

I can agree with you CD, cleats are the way to go to be at one with the machine. Great video.

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 25 2016 4:14pm

I'll try these forks out.
Need to cut the stem down a bit.

sucka free since 1968

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 27 2016 7:16pm

Rockshox 40....... OK I get it... much better than 'current' RST killah...... I"m convinced the older 2012 RST are a better fork...... the new one.. MEH.... it will prob go on my sondors.
sucka free since 1968

1abv   10 kW

10 kW

Post by 1abv » Mar 27 2016 8:27pm

hey all in thinking of installing a temp sensor in my bomber... temporary I wanted to use some temp sensitive stickers... Does anyone know what safe operating temp is on our stock motors?

Thanks!

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 27 2016 9:11pm

1ab cool idea... I use those to tune my jetskiis... Put them on the cyl.
sucka free since 1968

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 27 2016 9:20pm

1abv wrote:hey all in thinking of installing a temp sensor in my bomber... temporary I wanted to use some temp sensitive stickers... Does anyone know what safe operating temp is on our stock motors?

Thanks!
Up to 110c wont hurt things. I know some folks have gotten them hotter than that with out dramas as well.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Mar 28 2016 3:39am

Remember that if you have 110C on your motorshell, your guts are toasted :D
It is pretty pointless to do stickers if you ask me, because stator don't have a direct contact with outer shell. It is the insides you need to monitor. The core could be 150C while covers around 60C. BUT if you have ferrofluid or oil inside, thats another story, you have much better heat transfer from the stator to the motor shell and in thit case you can go with the stickers.
I had my core up to 150 in peak and around 130 constant without issues.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 28 2016 6:37am

Allex wrote:Remember that if you have 110C on your motorshell, your guts are toasted :D
It is pretty pointless to do stickers if you ask me, because stator don't have a direct contact with outer shell. It is the insides you need to monitor. The core could be 150C while covers around 60C. BUT if you have ferrofluid or oil inside, thats another story, you have much better heat transfer from the stator to the motor shell and in thit case you can go with the stickers.
I had my core up to 150 in peak and around 130 constant without issues.
Yah I was referring to stator temps, not shell temps, and when I said I knew people that gotten them hotter than that without issues, I was referring you Allex :lol: Funny you commented right after.
Last edited by Rix on Mar 28 2016 11:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Mar 28 2016 6:44am

Rick, I remember your pictures of your stators, they were very, very dark, so you probably got them even hotter then I :)

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Mar 28 2016 5:18pm

Oil cooling boys. It rocks. It's so effective when you are operating the motor on/off throttle around the RPMs where the power and amps are high. On the DC-1 display with my H4065 or H4040 I often see over 4000W, then I'm off throttle again, and that stator heat is steadily transferring to the shell. With 100ml of castor oil in there, the shell gets too hot to touch so much sooner than before oil cooling. With oil inside, the stator temp gauge rarely goes above half way. With air in there the stator temp gauge would max out and controller goes into motor over-heat protection limp-mode before the motor shell even feels hot. My bike was kind of unusable before I put oil in the hub. With oil the ride is limited only by my battery.

To use oil cooling you must have sealed bearings and you must sikaflex bond the side covers on. Yeah some oil does leak along the axle or out the breather near the sprocket, but when using castor oil you just wipe it off your rim and there is no smell.

1abv   10 kW

10 kW

Post by 1abv » Mar 28 2016 7:00pm

Emmett wrote:Oil cooling boys. It rocks. It's so effective when you are operating the motor on/off throttle around the RPMs where the power and amps are high. On the DC-1 display with my H4065 or H4040 I often see over 4000W, then I'm off throttle again, and that stator heat is steadily transferring to the shell. With 100ml of castor oil in there, the shell gets too hot to touch so much sooner than before oil cooling. With oil inside, the stator temp gauge rarely goes above half way. With air in there the stator temp gauge would max out and controller goes into motor over-heat protection limp-mode before the motor shell even feels hot. My bike was kind of unusable before I put oil in the hub. With oil the ride is limited only by my battery.

To use oil cooling you must have sealed bearings and you must sikaflex bond the side covers on. Yeah some oil does leak along the axle or out the breather near the sprocket, but when using castor oil you just wipe it off your rim and there is no smell.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sikaflex-29- ... /202523824
Is this the silkaflex that you are referring to? Im assuming you are using that to seal the sides of the cases. Is it safe for somewhat high temp?

1abv   10 kW

10 kW

Post by 1abv » Mar 28 2016 7:05pm

The bomber was hot as hell…..Had to roll out of there quick…. Maria Von Trapp was hot on my ass!!! :oops:

Actually the tall grass was killing forward momentum hence the question about overheating etc...

one4torque   1 kW

1 kW

Post by one4torque » Mar 28 2016 9:21pm

Maria... What a babe!
sucka free since 1968

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 28 2016 11:57pm

Allex wrote:Rick, I remember your pictures of your stators, they were very, very dark, so you probably got them even hotter then I :)
Yah, my 5404 got dddaaarrrrrkkkk on me. I should dig up the pics of that.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Mar 28 2016 11:59pm

Emmett wrote:Oil cooling boys. It rocks. It's so effective when you are operating the motor on/off throttle around the RPMs where the power and amps are high. On the DC-1 display with my H4065 or H4040 I often see over 4000W, then I'm off throttle again, and that stator heat is steadily transferring to the shell. With 100ml of castor oil in there, the shell gets too hot to touch so much sooner than before oil cooling. With oil inside, the stator temp gauge rarely goes above half way. With air in there the stator temp gauge would max out and controller goes into motor over-heat protection limp-mode before the motor shell even feels hot. My bike was kind of unusable before I put oil in the hub. With oil the ride is limited only by my battery.

Thats the route I am going on my TC3065. BTW, I ordered spokes from the guy you recommended. Spokes will be her the week of May 7. A little wait for me.

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Mar 29 2016 1:51am

1abv wrote: Is this the silkaflex that you are referring to? Im assuming you are using that to seal the sides of the cases. Is it safe for somewhat high temp?
No. I forgot that Sikaflex (the brand) have many products. That product you found doesn't look right. You want one of their adhesive sealants. In black color. And use a very thin film on both surfaces so surplus won't bead out into the inside. A thin but complete film on both mating surfaces and it's done.

Make sure you have sealed wheel bearings in good condition, else the side flange sealing is a waste of time.

Polyurethane type sealants are very good for high temps. Not sure how high but probably well over 200C. Check if curious. It's just not an issue.
Last edited by Emmett on Mar 29 2016 11:49am, edited 1 time in total.

FL bomber   100 W

100 W

Post by FL bomber » Mar 29 2016 11:37am

What motors have you bomber owners used when your 5403 has problems. Order another 5403 from stealth or other options.. input please my bike is sitting in the garage and I'm stuck driving my car A 2000 Impala. Nobody speeds up to me .stops me at red lights ask me questions in my Impala. Now I'm not stealth I'm invisible