E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Full-Throttle's bomber is missing something...

maybe hes wired his throttle on full with hidden switch,to live up to the name.who needs grips :? .i mean full throttle :D .
these ebikes are very nice.

Not just the throttle...

And it's a sensorless motor. Interesting.

Last time I was in Melbourne I went out for a ride with getadirtbike and Kepler:

3-bomberss.jpg
Nice to meet Kepler & get out on the trails. getadirtbike was a gracious host as usual and good trail guide.

Kepler said:
Looks good voicecoils. Are you going to run 100V?

That's the plan :D 24S4P of 6S 5Ah lipo packs should fit, but I'd better make some mockups before I head to hobbycity and pull the trigger.

Code:
WARNING: MOdding your Stealth bike will void your warranty... but it will probably be fun ;-D

@ voicecoils... good idea for this page! i will try and get some interesting pics up when mine arrives... will be good to see how something ''very'' good can be made better again! does anyone know roughly how much speed you could get from upping the volts on the intermediate motor, i have no idea :idea:

voicecoils said:
Kepler said:
Looks good voicecoils. Are you going to run 100V?

That's the plan :D 24S4P of 6S 5Ah lipo packs should fit, but I'd better make some mockups before I head to hobbycity and pull the trigger.

Code:
WARNING: MOdding your Stealth bike will void your warranty... but it will probably be fun ;-D

It fits 14 x 6S 5ah Turnigy packs OK. I think you will have trouble getting those last 2 packs in to make up 20ah 100V but it might be possible.

I run 30S 2P as the main pack and throw in a reserve 24S 1P pack for extra endurance when l need it. The 24S 1P is my "get me home pack"

Warranty, yes that's long gone :D Never worried me in the slightest though. The frame and mechanics are bullet proof and electrics really not that expensive to replace if something breaks from me pushing the boundaries.

turbodan78 said:
@ voicecoils... good idea for this page! i will try and get some interesting pics up when mine arrives... will be good to see how something ''very'' good can be made better again! does anyone know roughly how much speed you could get from upping the volts on the intermediate motor, i have no idea :idea:

Hi Turbodan78. Keep in mind there are compromises when modifying one of these bikes. I dont run a BMS on my packs which means I need to manage my packs very carefully. I remove them from the bike to charge and use RC style chargers. Its fiddly but a compromise I am willing to take because I have used LiPos for a long time. Your bike comes with a first class built in BMS and charging system designed to plug and play and in reality is the best way to go.

I think the intermediate motor is good for 60 kph to 65 kph stock. I use the high torque motor which did about 65 kph on 100V and 80 kph on 125V. 65 kph was plenty fast enough and a speed I could only use occasionally. I have only pushed the latest setup to 80 kph just to see if it could do it and rarely go above 60 kph.

Kepler said:
voicecoils said:

It fits 14 x 6S 5ah Turnigy packs OK. I think you will have trouble getting those last 2 packs in to make up 20ah 100V but it might be possible.

I run 30S 2P as the main pack and throw in a reserve 24S 1P pack for extra endurance when l need it. The 24S 1P is my "get me home pack"

Warranty, yes that's long gone :D Never worried me in the slightest though. The frame and mechanics are bullet proof and electrics really not that expensive to replace if something breaks from me pushing the boundaries.

I'm of the same mind. The bike is a seriously tough platform.

My bike, being the Fighter, should have a smaller battery area then yours so I really better check the space.

I know I can't fit 24S4P in as one big group through the access panel but I think if I split it up into 2 or 4 groups I might be able to slot them in there.

I'm not too worried either way, I've been having plenty of fun even at 60v!

full-throttle said:
Mark and his X-Ray vision :roll: Yeah the batteries have not arrived yet.
I see a controller missing too :wink:

Kepler said:
I run 30S 2P as the main pack
You maniac :twisted:

full-throttle said:
Mark and his X-Ray vision :roll: Yeah the batteries have not arrived yet.

Grips are for softies!
No, seriously - just misplaced the 'lock-ons'

No, I meant the controller - I can't see through steel...and carbon fibre...

''Kepler wrote... I think the intermediate motor is good for 60 kph to 65 kph stock. I use the high torque motor which did about 65 kph on 100V and 80 kph on 125V. 65 kph was plenty fast enough and a speed I could only use occasionally. I have only pushed the latest setup to 80 kph just to see if it could do it and rarely go above 60 kph.[/quote]

@Kepler... cheers for the advice, did you mean you managed to get the high torque motor to 80kp/h ? that is good to know if so but the managing of batteries like that i beyond me still/for now :) also pushing the intermediate motor in amps and volts would probably not be a good idea if hitting heaps of hills and soft ground hey :?: will be good to hear more of these other mods as they come to light 8)

Picky picky you two :wink:

How does an internal actively cooled controller sounds??
Hmm.. don't like the look of that shifter either.. How about a push button, stepper driven shifter?

Unless you get a LH throttle, you will be running the shifter backwards on the LH bar end.

I had a similar setup with the twist shifter you gave me and a normal derailleur. I found it impossible to shift down while braking. So I fitted a rapid rise derailleur which works backwards, and now I have the normal action of the twist shifter, just on the LH bar.

You can't do that with the gearbox shifter, unless you can reconfigure it internally.....or drive it with a stepper. We could do that, we have the technology ;)

turbodan78 said:
''Kepler wrote... I think the intermediate motor is good for 60 kph to 65 kph stock. I use the high torque motor which did about 65 kph on 100V and 80 kph on 125V. 65 kph was plenty fast enough and a speed I could only use occasionally. I have only pushed the latest setup to 80 kph just to see if it could do it and rarely go above 60 kph.

turbodan78 said:
Kepler... cheers for the advice, did you mean you managed to get the high torque motor to 80kp/h ? that is good to know if so but the managing of batteries like that i beyond me still/for now :) also pushing the intermediate motor in amps and volts would probably not be a good idea if hitting heaps of hills and soft ground hey :?: will be good to hear more of these other mods as they come to light 8)

Yes, that's correct 80kph is with the over volted high torque motor. In regards to hills and soft stuff, the stock setup has more then enough. Although I could wind my amps up further, I set my controller up to 40A. @ around 120V, 5000W suites the bike really well. I think the stock bikes are good for around 5000W also.

Mark_A_W said:
Unless you get a LH throttle, you will be running the shifter backwards on the LH bar end.

I had a similar setup with the twist shifter you gave me and a normal derailleur. I found it impossible to shift down while braking. So I fitted a rapid rise derailleur which works backwards, and now I have the normal action of the twist shifter, just on the LH bar.

You can't do that with the gearbox shifter, unless you can reconfigure it internally.....or drive it with a stepper. We could do that, we have the technology ;)

I thought the twist direction makes perfect sense on the Bomber. Wind it back for a higher speed gear (like a throttle) and wind it forward for lower speeds. (Or did I miss something here :) )

Back