E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your Ebike creation here.
Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Aug 30 2022 10:44am

1abv wrote:
Aug 29 2022 11:53am
That looks promising. Have you installed the brake rotor and see how it lines up w the caliper and if the caliper has clearance against the motor?
iabv, so far I haven't done more than hold a rotor up to the flange and eyeball it. It looks like the rotor will be slightly farther from the caliper adapter than stock, but it looks like it will be easy to adjust. I don't think there will be a problem with the caliper clearance to the motor.

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Aug 31 2022 10:17pm

After Alex's pep talk I decided if I can't even make a little spacer I don't have a hair on my balls. I went out and sat at my work table thinking what the heck can I use, when I noticed this piece of scrap laying on the floor under my tool box, where it's been laying for about 17 years. It was a shifter peg for my road king, but I didn't like how long it was so I cut it shorter, and this was the piece that was left over. I won't bore you with the grusome details, but it's taken me 3 days to make this little part, and my fingers are sore. It ended up 16mm id, and 5.8mm wide. I also spent some of the time enlarging the torque plates, which were made for a 14mm axle, but now have to fit a 16mm axle. The stock torue plates are superior to the torque plates that came with the motor, because they're thicker, and are a tighter fit on the flats.
Spacer 5.8mm.jpg
Spacer 5.8mm.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 379 times
Spacer right side.jpg
Spacer right side.jpg (949.86 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Torque plate right side.jpg
Torque plate right side.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 379 times
Spacer left side.jpg
Spacer left side.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 371 times
Last edited by Theodore Voltaire on Sep 01 2022 12:12am, edited 1 time in total.

Dunlop   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 23 2021 1:15am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Dunlop » Sep 01 2022 12:02am

Hi All,
So I was following along with keen interest a few pages back, about the Kelly controller, and CA usage. After watching the set-up video that Allex posted, I am in agreement, the CA does seem to be very redundant, when you look at all the features the Kelly controller has....
Soooo.... what are you going to use for a screen?? I don't want to use my phone, and you still need some basic info displayed :confused: .

Also, if you already own a CA and decide to use it, I saw somewhere a thread or video about using the shunt that was inside the Kelly controller. I remember it saying to flip the board over and attach the wire on the backside of the circuit board, so that no extra solder would get on the shunt bar, which would change the resistance of the shunt. I'll see if I can find where I saw that...

Thanks,
Keith

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 01 2022 10:11am

Dunlop wrote:
Sep 01 2022 12:02am
Hi All,
So I was following along with keen interest a few pages back, about the Kelly controller, and CA usage. After watching the set-up video that Allex posted, I am in agreement, the CA does seem to be very redundant, when you look at all the features the Kelly controller has....
Soooo.... what are you going to use for a screen?? I don't want to use my phone, and you still need some basic info displayed :confused: .

Also, if you already own a CA and decide to use it, I saw somewhere a thread or video about using the shunt that was inside the Kelly controller. I remember it saying to flip the board over and attach the wire on the backside of the circuit board, so that no extra solder would get on the shunt bar, which would change the resistance of the shunt. I'll see if I can find where I saw that...

Thanks,
Keith
Hi Keith, I've looked into this question, and come to the conclusion that the prefered display for a kelly is the one Onyx, and Huck bikes use. Both of those bikes use Kelly controllers with QS 205 motors. I'm guessing Kelly, and QS may have worked together designing that display.

OTOH if you already have a CA, and would like to use it, adding a shunt to the negative battery cable doesn't seem all that intimidating. If I end up using a Kelly on my bike, that's what I plan to do, although I'll probably skip hooking up the throttle by-pass.

That being said, I'm hoping I can get a Nucular controller, and won't have to worry about it.

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 01 2022 7:26pm

I made some more progress. First, Rix mentioned the chainline. There's really not much you can do about it, because there just isn't much posibility for adjustment, but I guess it doesn't matter because it looks pretty good as it ends up.
20220901_182734.jpg
20220901_182734.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 358 times

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 01 2022 7:44pm

1abv ask about the caliper clearance to the motor. It's actually better than stock. I tried to use the stock rotor spacer, but it caused 2 issues. 1. It spaced the rotor over too far toward the caliper. The stock set up has the same problem to some degree. And 2. made the inner diameter of the rotor touch the adaper QS uses to protect the motor cable. After switching the rotor spacer for a thinner one all the problems were solved, and it now seems like a better fit then stock. This is also the debut of my new 220mm rotor that I bought a couple months ago.
20220901_184751.jpg
20220901_184751.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 358 times
20220901_184726.jpg
20220901_184726.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 358 times

Dunlop   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 23 2021 1:15am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Dunlop » Sep 01 2022 11:03pm

Hi Keith, I've looked into this question, and come to the conclusion that the prefered display for a kelly is the one Onyx, and Huck bikes use. Both of those bikes use Kelly controllers with QS 205 motors. I'm guessing Kelly, and QS may have worked together designing that display.
Thanks for the response.... I am looking at using a Kelly KLS6018S and a Leafmotor. I am thinking the display will work as long as I have the right thermister in the Leafmotor to work with the Kelly controller.

Cheers,
Keith

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 10028
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Sep 02 2022 9:32am

Duplicate post

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 10028
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Sep 02 2022 9:37am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Sep 01 2022 7:26pm
I made some more progress. First, Rix mentioned the chainline. There's really not much you can do about it, because there just isn't much posibility for adjustment, but I guess it doesn't matter because it looks pretty good as it ends up.
20220901_182734.jpg
Yah, the you could put some washers on the Vboxx sprocket and move it out a little and use a free wheel spacer on the rear. But with the 162mm wide swingarm, it would almost be pointless as you would run out of tire clearance on the swingarm before that would be an issue, your photo shows it aligns perfectly.

WALLEY   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 33
Joined: Jul 03 2012 1:31am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by WALLEY » Sep 02 2022 4:06pm

HELLO I just got my Stealth going an took for a quick ride ride in this 110 degree. man this thing flys now it had a 80 watt controller that was good now with the 150 watt salvatron I almost think thats its too fast I have these 26 x 4 monster fat tires on it Im 5'11" an 61 years I gotta make sure I stretch a bunch or Ill pull my groin just to get on it

my next stealth will have 19" tires on it more manageable I hope

Ill make some vids soon but I wont deal with youtube Ill be posting on Rumble where free speech is real

looking at the pics I see I got some wire management to do but at least it goes
Attachments
IMG_20220902_141730.jpg
IMG_20220902_141730.jpg (5.28 MiB) Viewed 317 times
IMG_20220902_141754.jpg
IMG_20220902_141754.jpg (5.33 MiB) Viewed 317 times
IMG_20220902_141826.jpg
IMG_20220902_141826.jpg (5.19 MiB) Viewed 317 times
IMG_20220902_141832.jpg
IMG_20220902_141832.jpg (4.99 MiB) Viewed 317 times
DIY Specialized with a 1500 watt Violamart hub motor (stolen 6/19)
TURNER DHR with a BBSHD BAFANG MID DRIVE
STEALTH CLONE with a 3000w hubmotor

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 02 2022 5:59pm

Hi WALLY, is that a Sondors Smart Step I see back there? If you're a member of the Sondors Storm Owners Group on fb, I'm an admin in the group.

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 02 2022 11:19pm

I've kind of worked mtself out of a job until my spokes arrive. Hopefully next week.


Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 03 2022 10:27pm


User avatar
Allex   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4208
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Allex » Sep 05 2022 4:59am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Sep 01 2022 10:11am
Dunlop wrote:
Sep 01 2022 12:02am
Hi All,
So I was following along with keen interest a few pages back, about the Kelly controller, and CA usage. After watching the set-up video that Allex posted, I am in agreement, the CA does seem to be very redundant, when you look at all the features the Kelly controller has....
Soooo.... what are you going to use for a screen?? I don't want to use my phone, and you still need some basic info displayed :confused: .

Also, if you already own a CA and decide to use it, I saw somewhere a thread or video about using the shunt that was inside the Kelly controller. I remember it saying to flip the board over and attach the wire on the backside of the circuit board, so that no extra solder would get on the shunt bar, which would change the resistance of the shunt. I'll see if I can find where I saw that...

Thanks,
Keith
Hi Keith, I've looked into this question, and come to the conclusion that the prefered display for a kelly is the one Onyx, and Huck bikes use. Both of those bikes use Kelly controllers with QS 205 motors. I'm guessing Kelly, and QS may have worked together designing that display.

OTOH if you already have a CA, and would like to use it, adding a shunt to the negative battery cable doesn't seem all that intimidating. If I end up using a Kelly on my bike, that's what I plan to do, although I'll probably skip hooking up the throttle by-pass.

That being said, I'm hoping I can get a Nucular controller, and won't have to worry about it.
Reason why I used external shunt is because the kelly I used was potted, so there were no way I could open it up. If you order unpotted one you can easily open it and solder on a connector for your old trusty CA using this guide:
https://www.ebikeschool.com/add-cycle-a ... ontroller/

Now the only thing you need to find is the value of that shunt to set the correct value in CA.

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 05 2022 2:33pm

Allex wrote:
Sep 05 2022 4:59am
Reason why I used external shunt is because the kelly I used was potted, so there were no way I could open it up. If you order unpotted one you can easily open it and solder on a connector for your old trusty CA using this guide:
https://www.ebikeschool.com/add-cycle-a ... ontroller/

Now the only thing you need to find is the value of that shunt to set the correct value in CA.
I'm guessing the shunt value is 0.5 ohm because that's what they sell on the Grin Technologies website. I'm hoping it will never be an issue because hopefully Nucular will be sending me a controller eventually

WALLEY   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 33
Joined: Jul 03 2012 1:31am

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by WALLEY » Sep 06 2022 1:13am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Sep 02 2022 5:59pm
Hi WALLY, is that a Sondors Smart Step I see back there? If you're a member of the Sondors Storm Owners Group on fb, I'm an admin in the group.
thats my sisters bike she loves it I do too I dont have to a thing to it great bike her husband has the recons Im always fixing those tires mainly, thats why he has 2, I demanding he gets the tannes inserts
DIY Specialized with a 1500 watt Violamart hub motor (stolen 6/19)
TURNER DHR with a BBSHD BAFANG MID DRIVE
STEALTH CLONE with a 3000w hubmotor

1abv   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Sep 06 2022 3:38pm

Thanks for the info! I wound up buying the same one that's on a Surron from Luna. Looks like the motor is fitting well!

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 10028
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Sep 06 2022 6:58pm

WALLEY wrote:
Sep 02 2022 4:06pm
HELLO I just got my Stealth going an took for a quick ride ride in this 110 degree. man this thing flys now it had a 80 watt controller that was good now with the 150 watt salvatron I almost think thats its too fast I have these 26 x 4 monster fat tires on it Im 5'11" an 61 years I gotta make sure I stretch a bunch or Ill pull my groin just to get on it

my next stealth will have 19" tires on it more manageable I hope

Ill make some vids soon but I wont deal with youtube Ill be posting on Rumble where free speech is real

looking at the pics I see I got some wire management to do but at least it goes
Sounds like one of the fastest 80 to 150 watt ebikes out there. A 19" MC rim and tire would look right at home on that.

1abv   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Sep 08 2022 11:09am

Mornin!
EF63964D-51B6-4F7D-A583-0B4A2E1CE878.jpeg
EF63964D-51B6-4F7D-A583-0B4A2E1CE878.jpeg (6.48 MiB) Viewed 163 times
Down hill tossed off a cliff…?? Pulled behind a car?? 60mph?
Attachments
4E5CA5CE-E152-4E0D-AF97-D3CA27407297.jpeg
4E5CA5CE-E152-4E0D-AF97-D3CA27407297.jpeg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 163 times

User avatar
Rix   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 10028
Joined: Mar 29 2012 11:26am
Location: Fallon NV USA

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Rix » Sep 08 2022 1:56pm

1abv wrote:
Sep 08 2022 11:09am
Mornin!
EF63964D-51B6-4F7D-A583-0B4A2E1CE878.jpeg

Down hill tossed off a cliff…?? Pulled behind a car?? 60mph?
You must be running a 22S battery?

1abv   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Sep 09 2022 8:02pm

Now that’s a seat…
I think I’m gonna take all my P’s and S them… max S leaving me P-less
D4F9DB64-0FAF-4FAA-871F-A067F66B6664.jpeg
D4F9DB64-0FAF-4FAA-871F-A067F66B6664.jpeg (4.26 MiB) Viewed 126 times
Attachments
A1174C8F-76D3-4DDC-B73B-F58E04FC89EE.jpeg
A1174C8F-76D3-4DDC-B73B-F58E04FC89EE.jpeg (3.97 MiB) Viewed 126 times

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 09 2022 8:41pm

Big comfy seats are where it's at. This bike is owned by Phil Pozderac, former Dallas Cowboy. I ran into himon the trail one day. This seat isn't really that big on him, he's about 7 feet tall.
Phil Pozderac.jpg
Phil Pozderac.jpg (154.79 KiB) Viewed 121 times

1abv   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Sep 12 2022 6:39pm

Barbed wire fence… damn I’m a bad ass rebel while still being environmentally responsible..
818F7853-FFE4-48AD-BB22-F99A52208F99.jpeg
818F7853-FFE4-48AD-BB22-F99A52208F99.jpeg (5.28 MiB) Viewed 89 times

Theodore Voltaire   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4752
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Texas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Sep 12 2022 10:31pm

I've made very little progress in the last week because I cought a cold, and didn't feel like doing much, but today I finally started feeling better. Parts have been coming in all week, and I'm ready to lace the rim on, but I decided it would be better to take care of the motor wires first, so that's what I did today. It looks like I might know what I'm doing, but actually my best friend gave me tips. He's the expert. Without his advise I probably would have screwed this up. I tested both sets of halls, and they both test good. Tomorrow I plan to start with the wheel lacing.

20220912_214008.jpg
20220912_214008.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 78 times
20220912_164454.jpg
20220912_164454.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 78 times
20220912_191658.jpg
20220912_191658.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 78 times
20220912_213847.jpg
20220912_213847.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 78 times

1abv   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mar 29 2013 11:19pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by 1abv » Sep 13 2022 9:04am

Looking good man! Hey did you trim the phase wires or did they come that length?

Post Reply