E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Emmett » Oct 01 2015 10:22am

Allex wrote:Here is my old connector on the left, just use a small iron tip and you will be fine
Now I would not recommend resuing them as they are not waterproof, just google for "waterproof connectors" and you will get a tons of alternatives
Thanks Allex. But I'm a bit confused. It looks like you converted from a 5 pin Crystallite std XLR to some other 6 pin plug, so you could eliminate the extra plug for the temp sensor. So I'm unsure how to use that information. I do understand you loud and clear about looking for better plug types!

I'm fairly sure I've ripped wires out of the inside of the female plug in my photo. And possibly damaged the shell on the plug. I'll find out in the morning.

If more than one wire broke away, then maybe I wont be able to see which wire went to what terminal. I haven't even checked yet, since it was dark when I got home (long pedal + push) then I had to go somewhere.

Do you know if the 5 wire colours in the hub loom will directly match the colours in the controller loom?

Do you think that if the broken wires with exposed copper touched in the wrong places (while I stuffed around sometimes with the power on) then I might have toasted my hall sensors? Stupid I didn't think more carefully when I was out on the trail.

What is interesting, is that if I had cheaper XLR connectors that pulled apart with out the sliding clip lock, then the plug would have come apart, and I'd just plug it back together and keep on riding. Like the phase wire plugs. They're good since the will pull apart and nothing breaks if tugged hard enough.

I like that ebay link. Something like that looks good. Lots of water crossing where I go. And often very rough terrain with loose or fixed objects everywhere. Thank you.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Oct 01 2015 10:47am

Dont bother about the upper right picture, I was doing an example for another guy on the forum.
I dont know how the new bikes looks like, but on my old bike we did not have any t- sensors so only a 5 pin plug.

those are:
GND
Positive
hall 1
hall 2
hall 3
Those wires shoudl match on the controller plug. just get GND and positive right the other three you can have in the wrong order wihtout damagin think. BUt dont do full throttle if you feel that halls are not in the right order, you can blow the controller up. Just apply gentle throttle and if the wheel does not spin or cogs, flip the hall wires.

If you have additional plug för the sensor then you may convert it to a 6 pin plug - this would look a bit neater.
Lets just hope that no major damage is done.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 03 2015 12:44pm

bigbore wrote:I have successfully installed a MC tyre on the rear of my Bomber and the weight added with this Maxiss Maxcros 70/100-19 is only 1Kg:

During the first ride I reached a top speed of 84Km/h checked with GPS and before the change I was doing about 90Km/h with OVS =3.0°
Looks Sweet and mean Simone. Have your ridden the motor tire combo Fuori Strada yet?

Emmett   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Emmett » Oct 03 2015 7:23pm

Allex wrote: Those wires should match on the controller plug. just get GND and positive right the other three you can have in the wrong order without damaging I think. But dont do full throttle if you feel that halls are not in the right order, you can blow the controller up. Just apply gentle throttle and if the wheel does not spin or cogs, flip the hall wires.

Lets just hope that no major damage is done.
Allex, thanks for the extra info. I determined that the sensor loom 5 pin plug and wiring on the Crystallyte controller side is all fine. Since I connected my new spare H4040 motor and it responds smooth and strong to any throttle position. The screw on shell on the 5 pin female plug was loose, but still on far enough to avoid straining those little wires.

So I need to diagnose an fix my faulty H4065 (wires or sensors). This problem happened when the hall sensor plug got yanked hard on the trail. So I think there's a good chance it's not a dead sensor in the hub. Instead I hope a broken conductor very close to the 5 pin male plug. Any thoughts or suggestions?

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Oct 05 2015 12:07pm

Rix wrote: Looks Sweet and mean Simone. Have your ridden the motor tire combo Fuori Strada yet?
Sure I rode it off road :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ..... Now we are talking about to put the full >10Kw to the ground without destroying the rear tyre in a moment :D
I have bashed my Bomber a bit riding on deep sand on the beach and in the soft ground in the woods trails near my home. In the sand I prefer to ride my motor with the cooling holes closed (it's like a standard 5403). I must ride in Normal mode with Battery Amps set at 29A and Phase Amps set at 78A and the 5403 was getting very hot at 120°C with just 2Kw at slow speed such as 20Km/h.
The rear motocross tyre is providing a lot more traction that then Halo Contra 24X3.0 but I want to try a larger tyre also ... so today I have ordered this enduro GoldenTyre GT205 80/100-19: :D
http://www.gommadiretto.it/cgi-bin/rsho ... p=D-109177

I'm impressed on the variety of tyres that are available with MC rims .... while surfing the site for enduro tyres on 19" rim I have also found this Bridgestone TW201 80/100-19 for on road guys :shock:
http://www.gommadiretto.it/cgi-bin/rsho ... p=R-130410

Then these are some max speed I recorded with different OVS:
OVS=3° max speed is 85Km/h
OVS=5° max speed is 94Km/h
OVS=6° max speed is to be confirmed but i guess a little more then 100Km/h

stritzky   100 W

100 W

Post by stritzky » Oct 05 2015 1:51pm

Does anybody know what the temp sensor plug on the newer Bombers are called ? I need to pick up some.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 05 2015 10:23pm

Latest vid of Pops and I riding in north eastern California near Boca Reservoir.

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Oct 06 2015 1:33am

Rix wrote:Latest vid of Pops and I riding in north eastern California near Boca Reservoir.
Cool stuff Rix. :) Looks like you had a blast...I wish I could ride with my dad more.

You can tell Youtube had sucked the quality out of that footage though, even at 720p.
I signed up for Vimeo for my last video and can definitely see a difference in quality for the better with Vimeo over YouTube. With a free Vimeo account you get 500Mb per week. If your video is under 5min, generally speaking this will mean you can use a higher bit rate for the file you upload to Vimeo and get better quality than the same video on YouTube.

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 06 2015 2:25am

Cowardlyduck wrote:
Rix wrote:Latest vid of Pops and I riding in north eastern California near Boca Reservoir.
Cool stuff Rix. :) Looks like you had a blast...I wish I could ride with my dad more.

You can tell Youtube had sucked the quality out of that footage though, even at 720p.
I signed up for Vimeo for my last video and can definitely see a difference in quality for the better with Vimeo over YouTube. With a free Vimeo account you get 500Mb per week. If your video is under 5min, generally speaking this will mean you can use a higher bit rate for the file you upload to Vimeo and get better quality than the same video on YouTube.

Cheers
I know what you mean, I don't know why YT is killing their quality. I saw it did the same thing for my video as it did for yours and Kiwi. Even with the new go pros 1440p, it probably wouldn't be much better than mine. Yah, I think from here on out, vimeo it is. Dad and I had a blast. He's 70 and still enjoying offroad, on the Bomber of course. This particular ride footage, I felt made the best video for Ebikes in general as it showed basically the typical terrain of what we subject our bikes too. Minus rain or snow, we had some tree riding, two track, single track with wet pine needles, and pavement with a river next to blasting through the canyon. My top speed was 41.5MPH and my dad on the Bomber with a 5404 hit 46MPH, but that twisty road is 30MPH so we weren't holding up any traffic. Just a really neat 21 mile ride which had a lot of dirt and a stretch of pavement.

Rodney64   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Rodney64 » Oct 06 2015 2:41am

Rix wrote:
Cowardlyduck wrote:

Cheers
I know what you mean, I don't know why YT is killing their quality. I saw it did the same thing for my video as it did for yours and Kiwi. Even with the new go pros 1440p, it probably wouldn't be much better than mine. Yah, I think from here on out, vimeo it is. Dad and I had a blast. He's 70 and still enjoying offroad, on the Bomber of course. This particular ride footage, I felt made the best video for Ebikes in general as it showed basically the typical terrain of what we subject our bikes too. Minus rain or snow, we had some tree riding, two track, single track with wet pine needles, and pavement with a river next to blasting through the canyon. My top speed was 41.5MPH and my dad on the Bomber with a 5404 hit 46MPH, but that twisty road is 30MPH so we weren't holding up any traffic. Just a really neat 21 mile ride which had a lot of dirt and a stretch of pavement.
nice vid Rick, good bit of quite time with your dad. It's always good.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Oct 06 2015 2:54am

Nice one Rick. I like the terrain/environment

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 06 2015 4:50am

Thanks guys. @ Rod, yah, I appreciate the time I still have with Pops, planning another ride in October, and November. May be a good time to switch over to Vimeo.

@ Allex, Yah the terrain is awesome. One of the reasons I like videos is I get to experience what others are riding around the world. So I make them to return the favor so to speak.

Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Jimboyr6 » Oct 06 2015 5:34am

Nice vid good job
I like the scenery looks interesting riding
Now rix y was there no wheelie on the road bit
Tut tut :wink:
Stealth bomber owner 138 livin the dream

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 06 2015 6:37am

Jimboyr6 wrote:Nice vid good job
I like the scenery looks interesting riding
Now rix y was there no wheelie on the road bit
Tut tut :wink:
I was topped out trying to keep up with my dad, that said, I can ride a wheelie, but not as good as you.

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Oct 06 2015 12:49pm

Bel video complimenti rix :D

I have bought mr tuffy tyre liner ... what a pita to have it here :shock:
The side with the green lines should stay in contact with the tyre, isn't it?

Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Jimboyr6 » Oct 06 2015 2:31pm

Last time i tryed a tyre liner the ends of it rubbed on inner tube which gave me a punture.
So my advice would be to make sure ends are as smooth as a baby's bum
I would say green lines on tyre yes, good luck there a pain to fit

stritzky   100 W

100 W

Post by stritzky » Oct 06 2015 3:09pm

I have used Mr Tuffey Tire liners on my Bomber since i bought my bomber. And i also use 2 bottles of Orange Seal in both Tires. And i have never had a flat So far. But i have come home with Nails and tacks and even Big Staples (the ones used on cardboard boxes) stuck in my tires. So yes it works. At least my combination works.

bigbore   10 kW

10 kW

Post by bigbore » Oct 06 2015 3:50pm

Jimboyr6 wrote:Last time i tryed a tyre liner the ends of it rubbed on inner tube which gave me a punture.
Is possible to use a glue to hold the liner in place while reassembling the tyre?

Lurkin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Lurkin » Oct 06 2015 4:02pm

or double sided tape...

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 06 2015 4:21pm

bigbore wrote:
Jimboyr6 wrote:Last time i tryed a tyre liner the ends of it rubbed on inner tube which gave me a punture.
Is possible to use a glue to hold the liner in place while reassembling the tyre?
I wouldn't glue them in. Just use lots of baby powder, place the liner in the tire, and then the tube, only slightly inflated. Then go around the tire pinching the sides with your hands, this will center the tire liner. Then mount the hole thing on the rim. Event the toughest bicycle tires are easy to mount compared to moto tires. After its mounted, inflate to 15psi and then let the air out. Again, go around the tires squeezing the sides with your hands, this will ensure the tire liner is centered. Now inflate to your ride PSI.

Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Jimboyr6 » Oct 06 2015 5:01pm

As rix said
With the tube inflated abit does help alot,once tube is in should stay in place

morati   1 kW

1 kW

Post by morati » Oct 06 2015 5:09pm

Awesome vid RIX!

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 06 2015 5:16pm

morati wrote:Awesome vid RIX!
Thanks John, whats going on with your build? Been checkin the link, but have seen anything recent.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Oct 06 2015 5:39pm

Yeah nice vid Rix. You ride like I do with my dad, when he's going too slow you weave around looking for side tracks or detours or try to zip in front :)
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Oct 06 2015 11:54pm

Hyena wrote:Yeah nice vid Rix. You ride like I do with my dad, when he's going too slow you weave around looking for side tracks or detours or try to zip in front :)
Yah, got to make it interesting a little, until we hit the pavement, I aint weaving around looking for detours then.