E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Dlogic   1 kW

1 kW

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Dlogic » Aug 24 2013 1:43pm

Here´s a high resolution picture of the bike. :-)

Rix, the battery has a total capacity of 2,4 Kw. I´ve done a 76 Km round trip today riding along at an average speed of 47 Km/h. The Top speed was 92 Km/h

dh-paule   1 kW

1 kW

Post by dh-paule » Aug 24 2013 2:03pm

wow ! awesome ! grossartig !
it was a very exciting time riding a stealth bomber

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 24 2013 2:58pm

Martin, thanks for posting the hi def pic. Adding that to my collection. I could tie up this forum for days about tech questions, but I will limit them to a few. On the frame, how did you come up with your head tube angle, seat tube angle, with the relationship to the pedals and theoretical bottom bracket (since the Vboxx doesn't actually have one)? Was that also with CAD? Did you build a jig? Cardboard aided design? :D I ask because I am hoping to build my own E bike frame this winter. For now, will be making a jig based on my Karpiel Disco Volante frame head tube to seat tube to bottom bracket ratio. The Karpiel has neat geometry, adjustable shock mounts for changing head angle from 66 to 64.5 degrees. From the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube is 17.5 inches. From seat tube to head tube is just under 23 inches. My bomber is 22 inches. How did you square and align your frame? With my current design, my method will be tack weld, bend, eyball, weld, tack weld, bend, eyeball, oh shit its not straight cut the weld. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Rick

morati   1 kW

1 kW

Post by morati » Aug 24 2013 4:26pm

Maxxis Hookworms in 24"? I thought they stopped making them......

Dlogic   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Dlogic » Aug 24 2013 4:29pm

Here in Germany they sell them everywhere. I like em, even though they don´t last long at 8,7 Kw. :-)

benmxrider   10 mW

10 mW

Post by benmxrider » Aug 25 2013 2:13am

Hi everyone,

i've seen this bike HPC

http://www.hi-powercycles.com/product.sc?productId=120

what is the Pro and Cons ? versus the stealth

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 25 2013 3:10am

Brute wrote: , March 2012
Nope...it's both too far forward and too far behind. :lol:
I won't go into the details, but for various reasons my number doesn't actually match up with my build date.

I will say this though...it's one of the first Fighters with the new style frames. :)

Cheers
My stuff:
Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.
Cowardlyducks - Videos - Ride videos
BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

For Sale:
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs - Australia only
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Aug 25 2013 4:55am

benmxrider wrote:Hi everyone,

i've seen this bike HPC

http://www.hi-powercycles.com/product.sc?productId=120

what is the Pro and Cons ? versus the stealth
Already discussed about it a few pages back.
Go back a few pages and read this:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 75#p782638

QMS   100 W

100 W

Post by QMS » Aug 25 2013 5:11am

Rix, dh-paule and nevermnd
Thanks for the kind comments, we try to make sure every bike that goes out performs and looks as good as possible :mrgreen:

Dlogic
Your build looks awesome mate and at 8.7 Kw it would be a blast to ride :lol: (I too work with cardboard aided design CAD most of the time too :roll: )
quigleymotorsport.com
quigleyms@internode.on.net
ImageImage

ThirtyFerretsInAManSuit   100 µW

100 µW

Post by ThirtyFerretsInAManSuit » Aug 25 2013 5:57am

Looking at the options, if we try to choose a HPC Wolverine that's as close as possible to the Bomber's performance, it turns out to cost $8699 US. Since the exchange rate is now about AU$1.00 : US$0.90, that makes it ~ AU$9670 anyway, which is almost the same as the Bomber at AU$9900. The Wolverine looks like it's just too much lighter and cheaper built to cost the same as a Bomber.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 25 2013 8:50am

Cowardlyduck wrote:
Brute wrote: , March 2012
Nope...it's both too far forward and too far behind. :lol:
I won't go into the details, but for various reasons my number doesn't actually match up with my build date.
I will say this though...it's one of the first Fighters with the new style frames. :)
Cheers
I wouldn't have the slightest idea when yours was made. Knowing your close proximity to Stealth HQ before you moved to Canberra, you could have got a new model frame before it was even available. It funny because I guy just reported receiving his Bomber #283 I think it was with in the last two weeks. But Stealth is approaching the 400 Mark with the Bomber as of now.

Here is a pic of my kid wearing a helmet for the first time. He was mad. But he is used to it now.

Rick
Attachments
Jet1.jpg
Jet1.jpg (56.78 KiB) Viewed 2293 times

DunkenKBliths   100 W

100 W

Post by DunkenKBliths » Aug 25 2013 11:31pm

4Wude wrote:anyone know of a good thumb throttle to buy for a stealth fighter? the twist throttle is killing my hand

also, can anyone recommend a nice big soft seat, maybe one with a back rest. or is a backrest not necessary?
Talk to Stealth for a thumb throttle..., I just got one and fitted it...as my wrist was killing me...and didn;t want to suffer from RSI as I use the bike every day (commute) - seat wise I use a touring seat...with gel inserts and springs underneath...its great !!!
DUNKEN K BLITHS / eVangelist !
https://twitter.com/dunkenkbliths

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Aug 26 2013 1:02am

There is another not so straightforward option for a thumb throttle, the AWI 5K Ohm. It's looks to be durable and has a soft spring tension. Only thing is wiring it up to work correctly, being a potentiometer type, the easiest method is to connect it to a fully wired up Cycle Analyst V3 like Jim's below.

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/throttles5kohm.html

http://www.fareinc.com/65/CAV3_install/ ... large.html
AWI 5K Ohm Thumb.jpg
AWI 5K Ohm Thumb.jpg (13.03 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
JST SM Y-adaptor.jpg

veloman   1 GW

1 GW

Post by veloman » Aug 26 2013 2:50am

Does Stealth have cruise control? It's a must for any non-urban road IMO.
Mush! Mush you electrons! Push harder!

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Aug 26 2013 3:48am

veloman wrote:Does Stealth have cruise control? It's a must for any non-urban road IMO.
With the CAV3 & the cable mod above...yes.

Athaneco   100 W

100 W

Post by Athaneco » Aug 26 2013 7:00am

Good day ,

I have a question :

I want to replace the 2 bent crank arms from my bomber. Is there an easy way to pull them out? I guess one needs an extractor bit. I dont have one, does anyone have the specs of the bit. And something else, since i ll be getting back home late at night and i would like to replace the cranks tonite to have the bomber ready (and i dont have the extractor bit), is there another less primitive way of removing the cranks other than hammering/screwdriving, etc

Thanks in advance

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Aug 26 2013 7:35am

No need to hammer, check this instruction on how to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pruRTLlFsiA&t=1m55s

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 26 2013 8:30am

Athaneco wrote:Good day ,

I have a question :

I want to replace the 2 bent crank arms from my bomber. Is there an easy way to pull them out? I guess one needs an extractor bit. I dont have one, does anyone have the specs of the bit. And something else, since i ll be getting back home late at night and i would like to replace the cranks tonite to have the bomber ready (and i dont have the extractor bit), is there another less primitive way of removing the cranks other than hammering/screwdriving, etc

Thanks in advance
Athaneco, just take an 8mm allen wrench and unscrew counter clock wise. The crank bolt will back out until it hits the crank cap cover, and then push the crank off the spindle. The crank cap bolt is a 10mm allen. Don touch that. Remember when putting the crank arms back on to grease up the spindles a little.

Rick

MAFIA   100 W

100 W

Post by MAFIA » Aug 26 2013 9:35am

the bomber seatpost collar or clamp is 31.8?
STEALTH BOMBER #282

wugambino   1 W

1 W

Post by wugambino » Aug 26 2013 11:17am

Cowardlyduck wrote: I spent the last 2 hours trawling through Hobby King and making internal battery compartment measurements of my Fighter to try and figure out what battery dimensions I could make work to get the most capacity.
I think I've finally cracked it! :idea:
According to my measurements (more accurate this time), it should be possible to construct 9 of these into a square if placing them long side to short side.
Cheers

CD
I'm looking into 18s or 20s in my Fighter but with different pack arrangement. What are the measurements for the fighter battery box?

Thanks
Casey
Fighter #110

Athaneco   100 W

100 W

Post by Athaneco » Aug 26 2013 2:07pm

Thank u , that was really easy.. I feel very stupid hammering a few cranks so far. It took less than 5 minutes.
Rix wrote:

I have a question :

Thanks in advance
Athaneco, just take an 8mm allen wrench and unscrew counter clock wise. The crank bolt will back out until it hits the crank cap cover, and then push the crank off the spindle. The crank cap bolt is a 10mm allen. Don touch that. Remember when putting the crank arms back on to grease up the spindles a little.

Rick

Athaneco   100 W

100 W

Post by Athaneco » Aug 26 2013 4:18pm

Hi Rick , i ve read on one of your previous post about heat toughening the cranks. Some good news are that the cranks i have received from stealth australia are tougher since hey have a bit more meat on them. Difference can be seen clearly on the back , when comparing the old and the new crank. If anyone does not know this i could try to take a photo of that and post it here. toughness not verified yet ,I havent crashed yet, i hope i dont. :)
Athaneco wrote:Thank u , that was really easy.. I feel very stupid hammering a few cranks so far. It took less than 5 minutes.
Rix wrote:

I have a question :

Thanks in advance

Rick

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Aug 26 2013 9:30pm

wugambino wrote:CD
I'm looking into 18s or 20s in my Fighter but with different pack arrangement. What are the measurements for the fighter battery box?
If you search through my posts you'll see I didn't end up getting it to work like I thought. This is because Hobby Kings measurements are out by about 3-4mm. I ended up discovering I could stand them up and went with that config instead.

From what I can remember, the dimensions were 120mm x 120mm x 380mm to be able to fit a pack in relatively easily. The actual inside measurements are slightly more, but you want a bit of room for padding and so you can still manuver the battery into place.
All that being said...each of these frames are hand made, so they may have slightly different dimensions. Your best off measuring your own to be sure.

If I could do it again, I'd get packs that were a few mm smaller on each side so I could do the grid of 9. I think having 2 or 3 grids of 9 packs that snuggly fit the 120x120mm square dimensions is the easiest way to fit the most capacity in a Fighter. It does involve more wireing, but it also leaves the room above the packs available for that wiring to sit in.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
My stuff:
Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.
Cowardlyducks - Videos - Ride videos
BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

For Sale:
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs - Australia only
High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Aug 26 2013 10:23pm

[quoteHi Rick , i ve read on one of your previous post about heat toughening the cranks. Some good news are that the cranks i have received from stealth australia are tougher since hey have a bit more meat on them. Difference can be seen clearly on the back , when comparing the old and the new crank. If anyone does not know this i could try to take a photo of that and post it here. toughness not verified yet ,I havent crashed yet, i hope i dont.
][/quote]

Athens, I cryo treated my cranks through CryPro in Missouri. They dry quench the cranks down to -315F below zero. This is supposed to get the molecules to line up in a straght line and "stress releive the cranks. I haven't bent them since. Both the cranks that came with my Bomber and the ones I ordered from Stealth are the same dimensions everywhere. If you could take a pice of both cranks next to each other so I can see the difference.

Rick

Athaneco   100 W

100 W

Post by Athaneco » Aug 27 2013 8:45am

Rix wrote:[quoteHi Rick , i ve read on one of your previous post about heat toughening the cranks. Some good news are that the cranks i have received from stealth australia are tougher since hey have a bit more meat on them. Difference can be seen clearly on the back , when comparing the old and the new crank. If anyone does not know this i could try to take a photo of that and post it here. toughness not verified yet ,I havent crashed yet, i hope i dont.
]
Athens, I cryo treated my cranks through CryPro in Missouri. They dry quench the cranks down to -315F below zero. This is supposed to get the molecules to line up in a straght line and "stress releive the cranks. I haven't bent them since. Both the cranks that came with my Bomber and the ones I ordered from Stealth are the same dimensions everywhere. If you could take a pice of both cranks next to each other so I can see the difference.

Rick[/quote]

The middle one is the old type crank.
Attachments
image.jpg