I, too, am enjoying this thread. For those fellow Americans interested in these fine pieces of machinery, Stealth Electric Bikes has just put up a new website and now has an American distributor:
I was hoping for some more/new videos and pics on the US website, but talking to Stealth Bikes, they will be done right and put up by professionals in the coming months. Hopefully they will feature the newer motors, including the 3 kW Stealth Fighter, which is what I have ordered and am waiting for.
A few questions for the veterans:
1. Like turbodan78 in the previous post, I too am hoping for more pictures, videos, reviews, and stories about owning and riding these bikes. Does anyone have any more videos out there?
2. I will be doing about 50% urban riding. Does anyone have any recommendations for bike chains/locks? This is obviously a huge investment that I don't want stolen.
3. Are there any modifications that you all have done to the bikes that you can't live without?
4. Is the stock seat comfortable? (as far as bike seats go anyhow?)
5. For the Fighter, are the two gears enough? Are you able to add appropriate pedal power throughout the speed ranges?
6. Any Americans own the bikes other than our friend in Florida and California? For any Americans, have you had problems with the authorities? I'm guessing this is so novel in the US, that no one would really even know what the bike is.
Thanks all! I can't wait till mine arrives.