Here is a fun little track I found, it is hard pack dirt, about 3/4 mile long, flat, almost as if designed for electric bikes. If only it had some jumps and berms.
I monitored the temperature after every 2 laps, racing against the clock so WOT most of the time and pedaling whenever possible.
The bike averaged 57.5 Watt*hours/mile under these conditions. After 6 laps the temperature of the case was up to 115*F. Phase wires (10ga) were around 80*F. At this point I let it cool down before doing any more laps. It is lots of fun, a great example of something you can do with electric bikes that isn't really practical on a bicycle or motorcycle.
Regarding vacuum bagging, it is a little tricky to keep it from pulling the wet carbon fiber around so we used foam to hold everything in place, the foam pieces were all designed in Solidworks, which allowed us to keep within tolerances and replicate the geometries in the computer design. There needs to be plenty of slack in the vacuum bag, to allow the bag to get all the way into the corners. We did this by doubling the sealing tape over itself every so often, which created slack areas in the bag. You can see what I am talking about in these pictures of a frame subcomponent.
It is important that the surface (if any) you vacuum bag against has vacuum integrity. When sealing the bag against the dum dum tape it should be stretched to avoid wrinkles that can leak air. It helps to have an extra set of hands. Try and be as prepared as possible before you get resin all over everything, have all of your peel-ply and breather cloth cut and ready to go. We squeezed the resin into the carbon fiber to ensure permeation then squeezed it out with an improvised tool that works like a bread roller.The vacuum tube should have a catch can to prevent resin from being sucked into the tube.That's about all I can think of at the moment, other than that it is kind of similar to working with fiberglass.
Head tube Piece
Upper Shock Mt.