Doctorbass ebike run at EXTREME CONDITION -25 celsius

Doctorbass

100 GW
:shock:

TONIGHT: OUTDOOR TEMP: -25 and low. Predicted temp over the night... -30 celsius!

now.. imagine that at 60kmh on an ebike!!! :twisted: :twisted: :shock:

guys.. that wasn't as easy as i expected about doing that :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ah.. ha..." i'll do a little ride at -25 celsius for fun".... god !!!..... :shock: :shock: :roll:

My fingers are now frosted and burn with pain!!.. eventhough i had gloves.. ( yes. poor gloves... but to hold the camera and throttle grip it,s the only way....)

At the end of the video you see the path in the forest of the Quebec city Airport. That was realy nice and the snow was medium/soft condition.. but these great 3.5" width tires did the job right!

[youtube]jXrkEEusGMU[/youtube]

Doc

This is a quick video to show you the outdoor temp measured with the infrared thermometer 30 minutes after the ebike ride:

[youtube]UWvl7VmIav0[/youtube]

Doc, these are hilarious... I commented this already on YT but again, thank you for your extreme ebike awesomeness SIR
LocK

Doc,

You are a genius, wow really impressive did you realize this ebike is the fastest, lightest electric snowmobile with the longest range that i never saw. I'm also really impress how your Konions pack seems to deal with those colder temperatures.

Nice video Doc wow, but you will need some light heating gloves connect to A123 pack when your ride in winter and a snow mobile helmet to keep you warm my friend, take care!

Black Arrow

Doc get heated grips from snowmobile and run of your inverter---- also i recommend gaurds on the handles like on motorcycle to stop air from hitting you hands ... May help your hands freezing

And a good set of gloves

Your crazy to ride in that weather lol

I gota post a vid of my x5303 in 20" at 225 amps

I need a nice camera mount like you have i have to make something to work

Maybe a do a video tonigh heheeh i will post

-steveo

Where I'm at driving every night and morning to/from work I get sore arms. There is so much ice and potholes I feel like I'm operating a jack hammer not an ebike(that's with front suspension).

grindz145 said:
p.s. what camera do you use Doc?

I'm using a Samsung SC-HMX10 HD camera with a wide angle 0.3X objective. But the next i'lll get is a go-pro HD.

My actual camera suck in the dark or low light level.. fortunatly i had 1800 lumens leds in front of the ebike :mrgreen:

Doc

Been a while since I've visited E-S, thought I'd take a peek around again...

This thread caught my eye, since I live in MN.

DUDE. Pogies. Get some @$*#ing pogies.

http://barmitts.com/

I can wear regular summer full finger cycling gloves down to about +10F ... colder than that, you'll need some regular thickness winter gloves. You'll have problems with sweat at +20F. They work very well.

I had em on my first e-bike. The throttle was a bit cramped in the pogie but still usable. My current ride is more capable in the snow but isn't motored... yet.

drewdiller said:
Been a while since I've visited E-S, thought I'd take a peek around again...

This thread caught my eye, since I live in MN.

DUDE. Pogies. Get some @$*#ing pogies.

http://barmitts.com/

I can wear regular summer full finger cycling gloves down to about +10F ... colder than that, you'll need some regular thickness winter gloves. You'll have problems with sweat at +20F. They work very well.

I had em on my first e-bike. The throttle was a bit cramped in the pogie but still usable. My current ride is more capable in the snow but isn't motored... yet.

Oh.. I reconize your last ride.. it's a surly !!.. I had tried one and i was impressed by how smooth the ride was!
I equipped someone with a 5304 hub motor on his surly here in Quebec. He polanned to travel 100km a day with

Doc

Back