Specialized rockhopper

thewall241

1 mW
Hi everyone, andrew here from nz. 1st post on the forum, been lurking for a while and thought i would show off my ebike.
1995 rockhopper cr-mo and light weight
48v 1000w conhismotor
48v 10ah lifepo4 battery from conhismotor
top speed 52kph
speccy1.jpg
ok so not a work of art...but sure is fun to ride.
After i bought the kit i read here that the battery could quite possibly die early when used in this configuration. Anyway after 6 months everything is ok, battery still charges to around 60v then levels off to around 56v and seems to stay there if not used for a few days.
Whats next for the bike. Could do with some torque arms, battery box and maybe some bigger tyres and thicker tubes as have had the odd flatty. Might have to wait though as i have a new bike to build.
Cheers

Another good utility bike example. Nice that your battery is lasting this far, it means you didn't get unlucky and have some weak cells in there.

The deal on 10 ah is not so much that 10 ah is not enough. It's if you have one weak cell, then you have a 5 ah battery, which really is too small to last. One weak cell in a 15 ah, and you still have 10 ah left. So 10 ah is not a garanteed fail, it's just less tolerant of a lazy cell in there.

Back