Chuckufarley's Modified Star/Delta Schwinn Campus

Hi Endless-Sphere this is the first bike I've built from scratch (Mostly from parts I mooched off a friend). Originally a Schwinn Campus Electric assist bike upgraded to 750w front wilderness hub motor and controller she's actually pretty tight I think The 48v ping battery needs to go in the frame but I want to build a box fro it so it is stable and I'm working on a 60v one......cause I like to jump stuff. Check out my videos of the build and ride on you tube .....Megachuckufarley is my channel

http://youtu.be/ewunH9Reork

Here She is all wired up pretty I want to put the next battery in the frame .....going to make a box of some sort :twisted:

Nice work :D
Looks like a sweet ride - and pretty stealthy even with the front hub....

I wanted a rear hub but....I was working on bikes for some friends because I am an electrician but I didn't own a bike so my friend gave me some stuff from his shop in trade.....Maybe there will be some upgrades down the road. Just sort of expensive toys .....I have four kids...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cys/2860605702.html

All kinds of improvements going on this weekend for my bike....I built two battery packs for a friend of mine out of a pack that he had with 2 bad cells and here is what I did with some of the remaining cells....You cant go wrong really with the Lifebatt 16ah cells they are big and badass....they can output 100a and be charged at 35 or 40a the only limiting factor is the BMS ....I have a 72v Infineon controller I plan to install on the bike with a second 36v pack later....But I am not a fan of the battery on a tray in the back motiff. At high speed...... shit wobbling on the back......sucks! So I installed the relays for Delta/Wye into the hub so I dont have a big relay box on my forks and built a cool air cooled box for the new battery. (which still needs more refinement Im adding aluminum fins and a fan in front to push air through battery. Anyway... I am sort of new to this and I love hearing from you guys. Ideas? Comments? Questions? Thanks for looking!

Back