yo, T. first, to your question, i hate being cold, or wet, so i gear up in winter ebiking.
we're not there yet, but in the coldest cold, i do fine w/ silk long underwear, work pants and waterproof pants
, normal socks with wool socks on top and waterproof boots.
on top, Tshirt, shirt, wool sweater, water resistant winter jacket.
on tippy top, balaclava, ski goggles and FF helmet.
too much information? haha
ebike is going strong. some notes:
- brand new 20s2p zippy compact lipo pack. should have gone 22s but was sleep walking when i bought it.
- proper headlight, wired up to controller power leads with a cute switch and a sweet little bell
- brand new magura MT4 front & rear hydro brakes - my old ones were seized and so crappy, i actually rear-ended a car when they wouldn't stop in time. the car didn't notice or care, and i was filming but didn't post it cause it's embarassing. lol
as for halls, it took me far too long too diagnose the problem. when testing the hall, the alligator clips on the suspect hall wire was actually in contact w/ a working hall. at long last, i yanked the motor and found the bad hall - it must have shorted w/ phase wire, so understandable.
i had to take apart the motor a couple more times after that tho, with the same hall problems, first because of a lousy soldering job, and then again because the hall slipped out of its slot:
i've grown fond of the motor tho. super easy to disassemble. might have to buy another as a backup.
my bike still has so many problems it's stupid:
- front fork has like no oil. it's all leaked out when upside down
- rear linkage creaks from bolt i used to replace stripped threads
- rear wheel was laced up poorly in a out of round, out of true MC wheel, and it irritates me.
other than that it's perfect.
i'm 90% done fixing up the second stromer too. i got it wired up with a miniE, but that's another story.
pretty soon, i'll have a white dh comp on my hands, if thud does his duty this weekend and ships the mofo.
another reason for a mxus...
damn, just saw news from paris. that's a damn shame, just sad, sad, sad.