Smudgers test riding HS3540 - 72v10ah

1st vid of my Commencal build, and getting my head round using the Go Pro, Cystalyte controller set at 25amps ( APM reads 24..?) for the 'early' shake down sorties.. :D

All the best

Tony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8mWpngMXE&context=C45764ccADvjVQa1PpcFOg7XHKoErHB6TtccWpXCDnWsKUSNbYOFE=

In your sig you have xlyte 72V 45A Controller, in the vid you say 72V 40A so which is it?

The reason I ask is that I also have the 72V 40A controller for my next build but I haven't tried it yet. I also see that there is a xlyte 72V 45A controller which seems to be quite a bit more expensive, so wondering which you are actually using?

Also what does 8 - 5s1p mean? Do you mean your pack is configured as 10S4P to give you 84V hot off charger ?

Cheers,
Kudos

kudos said:
In your sig you have xlyte 72V 45A Controller, in the vid you say 72V 40A so which is it?

The reason I ask is that I also have the 72V 40A controller for my next build but I haven't tried it yet. I also see that there is a xlyte 72V 45A controller which seems to be quite a bit more expensive, so wondering which you are actually using?

Also what does 8 - 5s1p mean? Do you mean your pack is configured as 10S4P to give you 84V hot off charger ?

Cheers,
Kudos

Hi kudos
Sorry mate..typo...should read 40 amp.....
8 - 5s1p............8 packs of 5cell per pack, set up as 4 packs in series x 2, connected parallel = 20s2p pack. 84v hot off charge.

Tony

Ah yes of course 20s2p! That's what I meant, it's so easy to get the figures wrong seeing as you can configure lipo in any way.

Nice.

I'm using nano-tech 10S packs, which are themselves just two 5s packs wrapped together. Looking forward to feeling that kind of power once my build is ready.

You should be good for 40mph on that setup.....

Kudos

Just seen your bike pics in the before/after thread - nice!

Reminds me of Jimbo's setup with the battery mounted under the frame with the diagonal top edge.

What size rotors are you using 200 or 203mm ?

Kudos

kudos said:
Just seen your bike pics in the before/after thread - nice!

Reminds me of Jimbo's setup with the battery mounted under the frame with the diagonal top edge.

What size rotors are you using 200 or 203mm ?

Kudos

Hi Kudos
They are 203mm rotors.
Once I get the lipo's cycled a bit, I will start winding on the amps......I am hoping for the neck end of 40..current setup APM and a sat nav reading showed 34mph.
I did get the idea from Jimbo's build.

Love your bike Smudgers.
Very clean look.

Hope you dont mind me linking your vid ah like a this. :wink:
Works better on my iPhone while surfing.
[youtube]SI8mWpngMXE[/youtube]

Keep up the great work.
:mrgreen:

smudger1956 said:
......I am hoping for the neck end of 40..current setup APM and a sat nav reading showed 34mph.
I did get the idea from Jimbo's build.

It was Jimbo's bike that finally made me pull the trigger and start ordering kit. Very inspiring.

I'm getting 30mph on my bike HS3540 40A 12S2P. Don't want to go any faster on it to be honest it's too old.

The new build should be good for 41mph.

Kudos

Now my lipo's have had some' cycling' set the APM up for 35amps, 1st run around the back of a local industrial estate I hit 37mph and ran out out road... :lol:
Next day at work we had another run, 1st run clocked 44mph, 2nd run clocked 42 mph, last night coming back from the pub I clocked 41mph before I had to apply the binders. :lol:
Really pleased with the performance, and the stability of the bike, and pleased I have hydraulic binders... :lol:

My controller is a 45amper, why I thought is was 40amp..must be having a 'senior moment'... :lol:

smudger1956 said:
My controller is a 45amper, why I thought is was 40amp..must be having a 'senior moment'... :lol:

Ya need to change your sig too then, still says 40A!

kudos said:
smudger1956 said:

Ya need to change your sig too then, still says 40A!

Done..........thanks kudos............ :lol: :lol:

Trying out a new mounting position on the GoPro, used the rubber widget but still getting a rattling noise, any ideas..?.. sussed...got the ' internal rattle'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__xHhijGLk

In the decision process of buying a motor---this thread made me realize the potential of the HS3540. Also considering the 1000 W MAC from Cellman, the Magic Pie III from GM ca., does anyone know how the MGP III and MAC compares to this HS3540? Speed wise especially....using the 72v10ah controller in all three. If this is off topic sorry.

Back