Battery Mounting

jasonf150

10 W
I thought it would be nice to have a thread that shows how everyone mounts their batteries. I've searched for enclosure ideas and I'm still very interested on what everyone does. It'd be nice to have a lot of ideas in one thread. Eventually I'd like a cleaner look with some sort of box.

So post a few images of your battery enclosure, bag, rack, etc and maybe a build thread link.

batterybagopen.JPG

batterybag_small.jpg

file.php

Box has 20ah 100 volt LiPo pack
Controller
DC -DC CONVERTOR
Ignition switch
Bike lock

Triangle mount on all 3 of my bikes.. :)

FalconEV bags on 2 of em.. fit 30AH of 10 or 12S RC Lipo in those suckers.. they're the bomb :)

jasonf150 said:
I thought it would be nice to have a thread that shows how everyone mounts their batteries.
You might check out this thread:
'Show Us Your Homemade Battery Housing"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12847

I'm using a small nylon handlebar bag. It contains 3 zippy 6s 8 amp hours. I've since attached a couple right angle brackets to support the bag since the Velcro straps eventually rip out without support.

ForkMountBattery.jpg

If your time is worth anything, the EV Falcon bag absolutely can not be beat.

12s 2p Vinyl downspout with custom machined end caps and brackets.
Did you machine those brackets yourself? If not how did you go about having them made?

If your time is worth anything, the EV Falcon bag absolutely can not be beat.
I agree it's a GREAT bag, but it's a little too big. I have to really cram it in there. I'd like something that looks a little better also. I have some ideas (mostly stuff I've seen on here), but stuff I do never works out as well as it looked in my head. I've come upon some flat metal stock from work and might go the "tray" route then work out some sort of lexan or plexiglass sides.

Local metalshop is making me this out of 1mm aluminium to fit in the triangle of my FS frame. Holds 8 packs of 6s for 24s 2p with lots of spare space for padding and wires. Can't wait to see it.

Attachments

• box with cutout.png
    box with cutout.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 852
Waiting for a formal quote, looking at around £30

Not sure if they will make it out of one piece of metal as a mesh and bend it into shape or side panels and then bend a 112mm wide strip to form the top bottom back and front. Either way it will be TIG seem welded, mounted on the bottle cage bolts as wel as two 34mm U bolts on the top tube and two 45mm U bolts on the down tube to make sure it really doesn't go anywhere. I have a piece of carbon fibre panel for the battery "door" but I have yet to work out a quick release way of attaching it that is relatively weather proof.

gwhy! said:
This was a build I put together for someone else, 48v 10AH, very easy to remove for recharging..

materials?

construction method?

looks very tidy indeed.

nonlineartom said:
gwhy! said:
This was a build I put together for someone else, 48v 10AH, very easy to remove for recharging..

materials?

construction method?

looks very tidy indeed.

Thanks,
Its 1mm ali sheet, rivets and a bit of bending, the rear of the box unscrews to allow the battery's to slide in and out ( should you need to get them out ) the battery leads come out the back through a grommet and the whole box is attached to the bike with 2 wing nuts and a bit of velcro on the front to stop it vibrating against the frame the battery box slots into the frame from the other side and locates on two bolts that is part of the bracket that holds the speed controller on the seat tube, it takes seconds to remove and re-fit.

photo 4.JPG

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40537

Not much of a build thread of the box but there are at least some more pictures on there, It's going for powder coating next week to spruce it up a bit

Here is my take on it. I ride mostly single track. It's been through many crashes and has been holding up well. The batteries are well secured with Kevlar strapping, double stick tape and duct tape for good measure. The only drawback is its a rather permanent setup. To keep the batteries safe, it's covered with a carbon fiber shell. I still have to complete the center section for fire safety.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12654

NeilP said:
file.php

Box has 20ah 100 volt LiPo pack
Controller
DC -DC CONVERTOR
Ignition switch
Bike lock
:shock: :shock:
that is a big ass battery mate! nice.

gwhy! said:
View attachment 5

every time i see this bike it makes me want to build my own. simple, subtle, light, tidy. personally i'd use a mac for a bit more oomph but other than that... perfect.

heres mine, for now...
frame is using 100x50mm pvc downtube cut glued and heat shaped to size. holds 24s 10ah lipo.
front mount is a booster pack that connects via a 37 pin dp conenctor, adding another 5ah. I could squeeze another 3ah in the front pack, but I havent had time and 15ah is more than enough for me. sorry for the crap photos, all taken quickly with my gopro

GOPR0123 (Small).JPG
GOPR0124 (Small).JPG
GOPR0125 (Small).JPG
GOPR0126 (Small).JPG
GOPR0127 (Small).JPG

Back