E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

First 4 Frames
5d2cc5e1.jpg

24s3p, 88 V nominal, 100 V hot off the charger and 84 V when it's spent. Length 400/150/81mms. Weight 12 kilos
24spackdone003.jpg

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38252&start=45#p593676

That should make for a stout setup Rodney, we should hook up for some trail riding when you get it built :)
Although you'll be running an RHS3580 (Really High Speed? :lol: ) and i use a HT3525 (84v hot) so you'd be waving me goodbye on the more open sections of track 'till we reach a hill :p
What AH is your battery setup?
You'll like the forks and shock, i've got an '09 888rcv and DHX5.0 and love 'em.

Whats the ETA on your frame?
You guna add cooling holes on the 3580?

Paul :D

Yes will be good to catch up Paul for a ride.

Set the forks up on my old Giant Cadex with a 9C they feel real good.

Frame at this stage will be August at the earliest as I'm in the 7 to 9 group.

Not sure what I'm going to do for cooling but from what I have read I will need to.

The battery is 15amp. 1.3 kw

Looking forward to seeing the finished bike. I must admit though, I am a little confused by the choice of motor especially with the high voltage you will be running. If Paul's HT3525 does close to 60kph on around 80V, what speed are you aiming for?

My understanding of H series motors is that the last 2 numbers indicate speed in kph @36V in a 26" wheel. That kind of adds up for Paul's setup. (80 volts/36 volts)*25=55.55kph.

Based on the above, yours will be (90/36)*80=200kph :shock:

Hopefully I have this completely wrong :oops: as I really don't have too much experience with H series motors. :?

The kits designed for 80kph at 72 volts, so maybe 90.

The way the battery pack worked out was mainly due to the boards Chris had to build the battery and size of the Phasor frame and getting enough amp hours for my 46km commute to and from work.

Have a Lyen controller on its way with his 3 speed switch which he has programmed for this motor.

Could you take some videos of this motor in action? :mrgreen: Idk how this motor, besides from being wound differently, is capable of taking 100v for any period of time. You have any ideas on how this motor is different? :?:
Maybe it runs on magic?

Not sure how it will handle 100 volts. But at the moment will be running it on 72 until the phasor frame arrives. The motor fits into a 135 mm drop out but still has 30mm either side. One thing I have noticed is the motor wiring comes out on the inside of the drop out. Not sure if other motors do this or not. One of the delays in getting this kit was that they were waiting on heavier wiring.

Well the green frames currently somewhere between Sunny California and the now a bit sunnier UK :)

It's a pity you can't have a real time gps transponder on a parcel tbh an google maps to watch it .....I'm getting a bit excited tbh.

I haven't really come up with a catchy build name other than 'Dudeofdooms doomsday machine' which is a bit moody an gloomy.

Current pile of bits is
rc1 forks
Fox dhx 4
Hyenas charger of doom(well had to have one obviously due to the name)
Crank brothers pimp headset - super light gotta watch the weight on the build...
Server psu from where's wally....

The lovely 3inch rims
Big apple tyres

The mac 8t hub kit is on its way from cellman.

And the bit that I didn't want to fork out on a hope hub ... I can't believe they are so expensive tbh...

Now just gotta PayPal methods for his board that I managed to buy whilst farfing on methodtek website :)

So still a few more bits and bobs to buy So over and out for the mo....

dudeOfDoom

I heard last week that the first batch of bikes had been shipped out..

Any receivers as of yet ? Would love to see some pictures.

ohzee said:
I heard last week that the first batch of bikes had been shipped out..

Any receivers as of yet ? Would love to see some pictures.

I have a suspicious feeling that mines in country as the delivery tracking code is showing up on the royal mails site but they usually tend to send you a silly letter to settle the tax before delivering.....assuming its left USA as the us post site doesn't yet indicate that it's left country but theses things are sometimes a bit strange....

dudeOfDoom

Kepler said:
What voltage are you going to run dudeofdoom?[/quot

36v or 55v mines deliberately a (slow)commute special.

The mac hub i'm using is geared so theres a point where the speed/reliablity drops off.

I'm planning on using 5s Lipo packs so I cant mess about with the V's and Amp hours to get the best ride for my commute.

DoD

Dudeoddoom, looking forward to seeing some pics of frame before and after assembly.

Im In the 3rd batch of 3 frames that will be taken to the powdercoaters so my frames a way off but very excited to seeing the first frame being shown.

If anyone needs a custom shock you can get them from Yasusu (Her Cheng Ltd) Taiwan.
I bought 4 shocks from them. All dimensions are accurate. The travel is kinda short for the length of shock, but for $72-104 shipped depending on model, can't go wrong for building ebikes.
I got a 200mm length shock that has 50mm travel but I had to get them to custom make it because it wasn't even listed on their site.
But overall they sell good shocks with adjustment for rebound and some w/compression adjustment.
More for XC. DNM makes DH shocks but they dont' sell online so I just order Yasusu shocks for my builds.

That's a great resource for shocks if you dont really want to pay big bucks. I have never used this brand of shock but I have DNM shocks on both my Stealths. These work surprisingly well and I imagine would be a similar class of shock to the Yasusu. Thanks for the tip.

Back