Some pics of the bike
Anyway, I feel the rear isn't right, have a look and see the left cover is loose, screws hanging out. Was able to do them up with a small pair of pliers I had. Started making my way out of the bush but noticed it was loose again a couple km's later. I realised then that the screw threads were rounded. Only reason the wheel stayed together was on each revolution the loosening screws would get knocked back in as they passed the disc brake caliper. It was about 4pm and I was a long way from anywhere so just had to try to keep going to get out by nightfall. About 5.15 I made it to a road just as the motor started to stutter and it was pretty hot but I've had much hotter, so pushed it to the next main road a few km away. I was amazed the motor still got me out of there in the state it was in, and it turns out now the yellow and green phases are shorted to the stator.
Expensive lesson learned: use threadlock
Have already bought some SS countersunk flush head 4x12mm allen drive metal threads to replace the phillips heads.
I fitted the HT from the old bike today, and might eventually put the 35mm high wind super hyena ind torque (s.h.i.t.) motor in, depending if I can get the 4060 rewound for a good price. After riding what I used to think was awesome 24" HT now on the same controller it feels gutless, the 26" 4060 was a lot of work to keep it from flipping, its a damn fine motor and I'd pay more than it cost to get it fixed, and can't buy one in oz atm
So i was depressed for a couple of days there but getting the bike back on the track today put the grin back, even if it was with a pissy ht
Had been taking it out the forest a few times this last week, lots of rough stuff, km's long hill climbs, pure heaven.