Mate! you think your hanging out for this to go, I wish I had even a 6 Fet ready to go and just flog the guts out of it til gave up.
Finished rewinding, put the halls back in and terminated the ends late y/day.
Wanted to lacquer and bake it but can't do that till next week sometime and today is a holiday, so can't be waiting that long to run it
I'll blame trackman if it smokes
So today it goes back on the bike, then I have to finish off and solder the fets into one of the infineon 24's I just got from Zombiess. Actually they arrived just in time cos the hua tong ive been using fizzled the other day.
To be replaced by this thing of beauty, lapped 4115's and 8G wires.
I swapped the colors to match xlyte, sick of having to look it up.
Have to find a spot to mount it cos it'll be too fat to mount in the rear triangle like the 15 fet was, will likely go behind the seat.
So I don't know how crazy I am by running this motor without lacquering it. Mechanically it's solid - the wires simply don't move in the slots due to them being tightly packed in, electrically I've added pieces of nomex mainly to areas where the wires cross the inner seam of the stator ring.
I couldn't find the original string that was used to tie loose copper runs, so I cut long thin strips of nomex and used that instead, tho prob not needed as it's all fairly tight. I was also a bit nervous of getting a short when hammering the sides flatter with the rubber mallet, probably not a must do as i can see a fair amount of clearance from the side covers, tho it definitely needs to be done where the hall wires wrap over.
This pic i took to show the difference in width after being flattened.
Should be riding it this arv, and yeah, it should have a bit of pull, hopefully for at least a few days, I will try
to keep it coolish and get it lacquered during the week.